Robert Half

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend to try to find work through OfficeTeam. The interview process was painless, and they have you take a work skills test on the computer (Microsoft Office knowledge). The people were friendly and polite.

Interview Question – None of them were really that hard   Answer Question

Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Robert Half in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had about 3 interviews, I thought they went pretty well. My first interview I met with a recruiter initially for a temp assignment, then she referred me to an internal position. I then had my first interview set up and thought it went quite well, straight forward questions. Then second interview I met with about 6 people, it was intimidating at first, but the interview went well.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was my level of experience using excel.   View Answer

Westborough, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – They found my resume on my school's website and contacted me about a recruiting position. They also had me interview for an admin position while I was there without any prep.

Interview Question – Asking me if I was more interested in the recruiting or admin position. Didn't expect to be asked to interview for another job while I was there..   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Robert Half in March 2012.

Interview Details – They call you with a job opportunity to get you into their office. They have you fill out all these forms, stating that they would place me in a position. Fast Forward 1 year later, still no placement, no phone calls, NOTHING!

Very Easy Interview

Canfield, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in October 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to them online through Officeteam, and I was called the next day to sit down with a rep. We discussed my qualifications and what I was looking for. They worked very quickly to find a contracted position for me based on my knowledge and experience.

Interview Question – Situational questions (i.e. "Tell me about a time when...").   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really is no negotiation phase. You tell them the minimum wage you are able to accept for a position, and they let you know when one comes up, along with the terms. You can then accept or decline.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in December 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication with the company was great and they made me feel they would get me a job. I was asked to come in for an inerview and to bring two copies of my resume. I was told that they had a position that suited me and that they would get back to me. Well they never got back to me with yeah or nay. I called them several times and i always felt like I was bothering them. I stopped calling.

Interview Question – What were my weaknesses   View Answer

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Robert Half in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online & called in for an interview. Scored super high on skills tests, but NEVER offered any jobs by them - not sure if they just don't have any to offer or if they shy away from older workers.

Interview Question – What is the lowest wage you will accept?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewing at Robert Half was a pleasant experience. My interview was scheduled on a Friday evening he people working at the time I arrived were pleasant and unhurried. My recruiter treated me like an individual and took the time to learn about my skills and experience. In the past when I have signed up at agencies I have only received a quick handshake along with a "don't call us we'll call you" sort of dismissal.

Interview Question – How has your varied background prepared you for success in any role?   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Robert Half in June 2013.

Interview Details – They asked about my previous experience. Also what are my streghten and in what position I would like to work.

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – Placed me right away after a brief informal interview and omputer skills testing.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They discussed salary with me and stated they gave me the highest possible offer they could.

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!