Robert Half Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half in October 2014.

One of the worst staffing companies ever! I arrived 15 min early, in suit attire, with immaculate copies of my resume and a cheerful attitude but don't waste your time. Basic computer tests, a basic interview, and basic people who aren't very good at interviewing. Don't go unless you would like false hope for a job, I've interviewed three times with this company and they NEVER call back about how the interview went, only for underpaying opportunities.

This is am underhanded company with no tact or real ability to place people.

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Robert Half.

I was referred by a friend to try to find work through OfficeTeam. The interview process was painless, and they have you take a work skills test on the computer (Microsoft Office knowledge). The people were friendly and polite.

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Robert Half.

They found my resume on my school's website and contacted me about a recruiting position. They also had me interview for an admin position while I was there without any prep.

Interview Questions
    • Asking me if I was more interested in the recruiting or admin position. Didn't expect to be asked to interview for another job while I was there..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canfield, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in October 2012.

I submitted my resume to them online through Officeteam, and I was called the next day to sit down with a rep. We discussed my qualifications and what I was looking for. They worked very quickly to find a contracted position for me based on my knowledge and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions (i.e. "Tell me about a time when...").   Answer Question
    There really is no negotiation phase. You tell them the minimum wage you are able to accept for a position, and they let you know when one comes up, along with the terms. You can then accept or decline.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Robert Half in March 2012.

They call you with a job opportunity to get you into their office. They have you fill out all these forms, stating that they would place me in a position. Fast Forward 1 year later, still no placement, no phone calls, NOTHING!

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in December 2011.

Initial communication with the company was great and they made me feel they would get me a job. I was asked to come in for an inerview and to bring two copies of my resume. I was told that they had a position that suited me and that they would get back to me. Well they never got back to me with yeah or nay. I called them several times and i always felt like I was bothering them. I stopped calling.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in November 2011.

I had about 3 interviews, I thought they went pretty well. My first interview I met with a recruiter initially for a temp assignment, then she referred me to an internal position. I then had my first interview set up and thought it went quite well, straight forward questions. Then second interview I met with about 6 people, it was intimidating at first, but the interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was my level of experience using excel.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in February 2011.

Applied online & called in for an interview. Scored super high on skills tests, but NEVER offered any jobs by them - not sure if they just don't have any to offer or if they shy away from older workers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the lowest wage you will accept?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in February 2010.

Interviewing at Robert Half was a pleasant experience. My interview was scheduled on a Friday evening he people working at the time I arrived were pleasant and unhurried. My recruiter treated me like an individual and took the time to learn about my skills and experience. In the past when I have signed up at agencies I have only received a quick handshake along with a "don't call us we'll call you" sort of dismissal.

Interview Questions
    • How has your varied background prepared you for success in any role?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half in January 2015.

The Calgary office is located on the 42nd floor of Bankers Hall West. I interviewed with three people and had a very nice experience. Taylor took the extra time to critique my interview style and my resume. I appreciate the feedback and hope to benefit from his expertise.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say your greatest value lies, as an employee? What would make me want to hire you?   Answer Question
    • When you say expert Excel level? What do you mean, exactly? Macros? Pivot Tables? (yes)

Fantastic. I've had some people come in here and say that they are experts because they know where the autosum function is, lol

Answer Question