Robert Half

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in May 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiters at Robert Half are generally on a 5-15 minute per contact plan so it is imperative to be sharp, well-dressed, on time and know your resume cold. Expect for them to ask some detailed questions specific to the job description qualifications as well as details about how you worked with others at previous positions. Finally, the reasons you give for leaving other companies is taken seriously.

Interview Question – I was asked to outline details for how to land a new technical company so that they would switch over to using me as their new Technical Recruiter. Providing a detailed and logical methodology was key.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When headed into a salary negotiation the least productive thing you can do is to say how much you want. The second worst thing is to say what you previously made. Take some time to work out specific answers that do not divulge either of these two answers until AFTER they have told you the price range for the position. I used these answers:

When asked about my previous salary: * My previous work was not a good match for the new position requirements so my previous salary is not relevant. What is the salary range for the position?

When asked about my salary expectations: * I am sure you will be fair. * You know better than me what the value of the position is in terms of salary. * It is more than just salary as the benefits, working environment, and corporate culture are also very important and I look forward to learning more in my next interview. * When pressed hard, do a salary research and tell them that 'my salary research for this position in this location is X to Y. Is that within the budgeted salary?

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Robert Half in March 2014.

Interview Details – Lined up for interview with perspective employer and prepped well for interview. RH people never answered questions that I had post interview. Never replied to my query

Lead Administrator Interview

Lead Administrator
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half in February 2012.

Interview Details – One interview, met with multiple members of Management and a few members of the Admin team.

Interview Question – What makes you a better candidate than other people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Finance Temp Interview

Finance Temp
Boston, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – I visited the website to get an idea of what they offer and decided to submit my resume via the online service for the specific roles I was interested in. I never received confirmation or a response. I also sent emails to the office and never heard back.

Reason for Declining – I felt that $9/h for a finance position was quite low.

Very Difficult Interview

Recruiting Manager Interview

Recruiting Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – Initially recruited during interview for regular permanent job. For internal positions, there can be up to 7 or 8 interviews, including multi-hour sit-in style. Lots of role-playing. Sometimes can be sent to interview at other branches/locations, which can double the number of interviews. Takes up to several weeks to complete.

Interview Question – Role-playing how to meet the needs of a client asking for support for their SEC reporting function.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base salary is negligible, uncapped commission structure is the only sell. Really nothing to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Contract to Hire Interview

Contract to Hire
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in November 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call from a recruiter and he sent me an email for the interview process. When I arrived I spent about 20 minutes filling out paper work and then a tax credit survey. I then had a short interview with the recruiter. Didn't ask many technical questions and focused on more about the commute. I

I made several follow up calls and he was either waiting to hear from the Account Exec or from the customer. Some calls weren't returned. About two and a half weeks later the job disappeared from the posting board. A follow up call was placed with the recruiter but I haven't heard from.

Interview Question – How far of a commute would it be for you   Answer Question

Accounting Consultant Interview

Accounting Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2008.

Interview Details – Has setup a good process to bring in applicants

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Receive simultaneously a better offer by another company

Accounting Consultant Interview

Accounting Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewer/recruiter was competent & fairly pleasant, reviewed my resume, skillset etc...then told me the hiring client was looking for candidates with less experience-the thinly disquised age discrimination line that is so typical these days.

Interview Question – Would you consider a contract position?   View Answer

Recruiting Manager Interview

Recruiting Manager
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in December 2009.

Interview Details – Very intense interview. I was constantly asked if I felt this was the right job faryReview.healthBenefitList=2

Interview Question – Can you handle rejection well?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!

Robert Half Videos

Robert Half – Why Work for Us?

Robert Half is a leader in professional staffing services, and when you join our company, you'll be part of the best team in the business. What makes us different? For one thing, Robert Half is the most respected firm… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Robert Half interview questions and advice in Boston, MA. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Robert Half employees and interview candidates.