Robert Half Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2014

2.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Robert Half.

phone call for basic info and interview. Emaieled paperwork to offfice then go into office next day for more paperwork. Needed to sign contracts including arbitration and NDAs. You wont have to fill out most of the in office papers as most of them contained info you filled out in the emailed paperwork. Very easy process. Then another phone interview but with the client.

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half in November 2009.

On going interview. I attented the phone interview in which i gave a detailed description of the work i had been doing. I had prepared for this before and recruiter seemed impressed by my experience. I am still to attend the on site interview and was looking around to see what this would consist off.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me basic technical questions about my field in the phone interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in May 2008.

Robert Half Technology is a recruiting agency that I initially interviewed for a few years ago at a different location and had to restart the process since it's been awhile and the recruiter that was searching opportunities for me was no longer there anyways. They do full time and consulting placements (temp).

I was contacted by them by phone by an impressed recruiter phone a few months before I came in, for a temp web related opportunity that I was not interested in. Then later on when I was looking for a better opportunity, I went in, filled out papers (employment history, what I'm looking for, etc).

I sat down with the same nice and polite recruiter who looked at my paper work, was impressed by my resume and one of the first questions was what my most current/recent salary was. I declined to answer since I didn't want my next rate to be based upon that. After some talking, he respected my decision but noted that his clients may want to know and it could make or break an opportunity. He asked what type of opportunity I was looking for, what industry, etc.

He wanted to expand my opportunities since I also was familiar with front end and design work and introduced me to a recruiter for Creative Group, which is a division of Robert Half. She asked what type of work I was looking for.

The building the office was in is very luxurious, unfortunately tech consultants/employees don't work in that location, only the recruiters. The people seemed a lot nicer in Stamford than other branches. They were interested in what I want, to best match their clients. I like how they make sure their candidates know their stuff by giving skills test, as many other recruiting agencies do not care to meet you or test you, especially when other recruiting agencies have offshore recruiters.

My advice is to at least give salary requirements (a wide range) so that recruiters could have an idea of what you're looking for. Also you may want to touch up your skills before taking the tests. You are allowed to retake tests whenever, just walk in.

They have been good at researching and following up with opportunities, even at a start of a rough economic time.

Interview Questions
    • What is your most current/recent salary/rate?   View Answer
    • What kind of opportunities are you interested in? What industry?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Phone synopsis of the position. Awesome

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half in June 2010.

This recruiting agency operates differently than most in the IT field. They require candidates to come to their office for some face-time before they will submit to their client. They also want to collect a lot of personal information during this interview (including social security number). Their pay rates are below industry average and I'm certain that they are taking a larger percentage than other agencies. I've dealt with several recruiters at RHT. One was okay and would respond to my email inquiries. The other two were pretty green and would only respond if they wanted to move forward to the next step. I did eventually go to a client on-site interview but the RHT recruiter did not have the experience or drive to close the deal. I would email him weekly on status just for him to respond, "still working on it." I think he would still respond the same if I asked him for status today.

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in May 2010.

Hiring Manager was more than 1 hour late. Interviewed by another manager.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Robert Half in August 2009.

Was approached by Robert Half recruiter over the phone. Telephone interview then was asked to meet a couple of managers.

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!