Robert Half Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Great interview process. Very helpful and supportive of career growth. A great place to start out to add software/experience to your resume! They have a very large clientele and you never know if one of the roles you're temping for becomes permanent.

Interview Questions

• How is your Microsoft Excel skills?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Robert Half in August 2014.

Interview

I came in to interview and was coached on updates to my resume to make me more marketable. I felt as if my skills were recognized and was comfortable discussing my experience. I think if I had known they wanted more "vanilla" HR people, I would have developed a different kind of resume.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

phone call for basic info and interview. Emaieled paperwork to offfice then go into office next day for more paperwork. Needed to sign contracts including arbitration and NDAs. You wont have to fill out most of the in office papers as most of them contained info you filled out in the emailed paperwork. Very easy process. Then another phone interview but with the client.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half (Austin, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

On going interview. I attented the phone interview in which i gave a detailed description of the work i had been doing. I had prepared for this before and recruiter seemed impressed by my experience. I am still to attend the on site interview and was looking around to see what this would consist off.

Interview Questions

• Asked me basic technical questions about my field in the phone interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Robert Half (Stamford, CT) in May 2008.

Interview

Robert Half Technology is a recruiting agency that I initially interviewed for a few years ago at a different location and had to restart the process since it's been awhile and the recruiter that was searching opportunities for me was no longer there anyways. They do full time and consulting placements (temp). I was contacted by them by phone by an impressed recruiter phone a few months before I came in, for a temp web related opportunity that I was not interested in. Then later on when I was looking for a better opportunity, I went in, filled out papers (employment history, what I'm looking for, etc). I sat down with the same nice and polite recruiter who looked at my paper work, was impressed by my resume and one of the first questions was what my most current/recent salary was. I declined to answer since I didn't want my next rate to be based upon that. After some talking, he respected my decision but noted that his clients may want to know and it could make or break an opportunity. He asked what type of opportunity I was looking for, what industry, etc. He wanted to expand my opportunities since I also was familiar with front end and design work and introduced me to a recruiter for Creative Group, which is a division of Robert Half. She asked what type of work I was looking for. The building the office was in is very luxurious, unfortunately tech consultants/employees don't work in that location, only the recruiters. The people seemed a lot nicer in Stamford than other branches. They were interested in what I want, to best match their clients. I like how they make sure their candidates know their stuff by giving skills test, as many other recruiting agencies do not care to meet you or test you, especially when other recruiting agencies have offshore recruiters. My advice is to at least give salary requirements (a wide range) so that recruiters could have an idea of what you're looking for. Also you may want to touch up your skills before taking the tests. You are allowed to retake tests whenever, just walk in. They have been good at researching and following up with opportunities, even at a start of a rough economic time.

Interview Questions

• What is your most current/recent salary/rate?   1 Answer
    • What kind of opportunities are you interested in? What industry?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cologne (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (Cologne (Germany)).

Interview

Es gab zwei Gespräche, das erste war mit dem Niederlassungsleiter und einem Teamleiter, beide sehr nett, haben relativ offen geschildert was zu erwarten ist. Das hat sich im nachhinein auch genau so dargestellt. im zweiten gespräch wurden noch weitere teamleiter hinzugerufen. In welchem team man zum Einsatz kommt sollte so noch entschieden werden. man konnte auch Wünsche äußern. Dann gab es einen halben Tag Probearbeiten mit der potentiellen zukünftigen Chefin.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Klassischer Bewerbungsprozess, jeder der sich bewirbt sollte sich genau überlegen ob er für den Vertrieb geeignet ist. Es geht hier nicht um klassische Personalarbeit.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone synopsis of the position. Awesome

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half in June 2010.

Interview

This recruiting agency operates differently than most in the IT field. They require candidates to come to their office for some face-time before they will submit to their client. They also want to collect a lot of personal information during this interview (including social security number). Their pay rates are below industry average and I'm certain that they are taking a larger percentage than other agencies. I've dealt with several recruiters at RHT. One was okay and would respond to my email inquiries. The other two were pretty green and would only respond if they wanted to move forward to the next step. I did eventually go to a client on-site interview but the RHT recruiter did not have the experience or drive to close the deal. I would email him weekly on status just for him to respond, "still working on it." I think he would still respond the same if I asked him for status today.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Robert Half in May 2010.

Interview

Hiring Manager was more than 1 hour late. Interviewed by another manager.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in August 2009.

Interview

Was approached by Robert Half recruiter over the phone. Telephone interview then was asked to meet a couple of managers.