Robert Half Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.5

Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2012.

You will go through a few interviews. Each interviewer is very friendly. They will show you around and truly explain the job. The questions are more or less a way for them to understand if you have what it takes. You will also decide quickly if this is the right job for you.

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Robert Half.

Initially was contacted by technical recruiter and she took al the details about my experience and what kinda skills I have. Sounded pretty excited learning about me but I dint hear back from them after the initial round.

Interview Questions
    • There were'nt any difficult questions at all. Nothing technical was asked.   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Robert Half.

Phone interview, and then supposed to have a skills test, but never followed up. The person interviewing obviously wasn't paying attention and repeated the same questions over several times. They would then say, oh I asked that already didn't I.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted all my personal information, referrals, and so on up front! I said no, and didn't hear from them again. I felt like they were just trying to fill a database, not actually interested in me.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in September 2014.

I went for an interview. The process consists on filling forms, and then you get a personal interview that lasts around 20 minutes. This first interview is basically a way of getting to know you better. They offer temporary jobs, as well as full time jobs, but they get a commission of your salary if they find you a job. You have a benefits package which is available after you land your first job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to earn less than what you expect?   View Answer

Division Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Robert Half.

Met with at least 6 people - boiler room set-up, they 'sell the dream', corporate professional and high energy atmosphere. Fast interviews and they're looking for professionalism (suited, sharp personal appearance), aggressive/'salesy' and hungry people, with personality and confidence.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes they ask a random or completely unrelated/non-relevant question, JUST to see how quickly you respond - testing your ability to think on your feet / decisiveness.....the answer really isn't that important, but make sure you can at least explain it....for example...if you could have one super power, what would it be and why? (they start mentally counting as to how long it takes you to respond and explain why)...   View Answer
    know the market and your value, would recommend negotiating UP FRONT, because promises of increases later are extremely difficult to make happen....

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Robert Half.

Got a call from one of the recruiters who set up an initial interview. The interview was very generic. Just questions about my background, my academic projects. He explained the role and the benefits and i thought the interview went off well but i never herd back.

Salaried Professional, Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half.

With Robert Half it is a hit or miss. I have never had a placement with them. I also find that they are astoundingly unprofessional, except for the case of one recruiter in Atlanta office who I rather not name.

Interview Questions
    • One of the recruiters asked how long have I been in the US because I have an accent. That was so inappropriate. Again, I would not recommend RH; they treat job applicants like cattle that are led astray with false hopes.   Answer Question

Mortgage Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

I was heavily pursued by a Robert Half recruiter for a mortgage processing job. I had a face to face interview and was told how impressive I was and the job was mine. I was told I would be hearing back from them in a just couple days with a hire date. A couple days later came and went, and for the next 2 weeks, my phone calls and emails went unanswered. The recruiter I dealt with was NEVER available. I finally got angry and asked if I could speak to anyone else there who could tell me what was going on. I was transferred to another recruiter who meekly told me the position was on hold. I never heard from anyone at Robert Half again. I regret believing I was dealing with a professional organization and I regret putting my job search on hold for these people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing asked was difficult at all. Basic interview questions like "tell me about yourself" and "what are your goals".   Answer Question

Sales Support Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in July 2014.

Very straightforward process. I applied on a Saturday, Monday afternoon I was called and had a brief (10 minute) phone interview. Then my interviewer sent me several skills tests to complete online. I did well enough to get an on-site interview. The on-site portion was about an hour and a half of job shadowing followed by meeting 3 members of the team including a VP. Everyone I met with was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Why aren't you looking for a job within your college major?   Answer Question

The commute was just a bit too bar for me and the hours were earlier than my current position. I didn't want to have to leave my house before 7:30 to be on time to work

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2013.

Brief Phone interview, then face to face interview, with 1 or more person. Then Character test, and interview with Regional VP or President. Brief Phone interview, then face to face interview, with 1 or more person. Then Character test, and interview with Regional VP or President. Brief Phone interview, then face to face interview, with 1 or more person. Then Character test, and interview with Regional VP or President.

Interview Questions

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!