Robert Half

Relevance Date Difficulty

Help Desk Tech Interview

Help Desk Tech
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Robert Half in April 2014.

Interview Details – They head hunt for you and match you to the positions they have in their system. The actual interview that I did go to was kind of crazy. It was more than an hour long and I met over seven people. All asked me questions and it was a bit long.

Interview Question – Robert Half didn't really ask questions they prepared me to answer questions from the hopeful employer when I got the interview. At the interview they asked why do I want this job? Why did I leave my old job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiting/Human Resources Interview

Recruiting/Human Resources
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – Wow.. this place is simply horrible. I arrived at their office on time, only to realize that the receptionist (who had an attitude and acted as if he was the boss of the office) didn't know I was coming or whom I was meeting with. Then 15 mins later, someone else in the office realized the person I was initially supposed to meet with handed over to someone else, who was running late. Then 30 mins later, the person came in and seemed really unprepared. She then went over my resume and asked me some questions and the next thing she talked about was the pay and how the positions I was looking for do not pay much. I agree with the other comments saying how greedy these people are. They rip you off with high markups. Even more, they don't care about your preferences/interests. They try to put you on any assignment so you can start making them money. I said I preferred the IT industry and a few days later, they got back to me with an opening at a mental treatment institute. The two keywords that best describe them are "greedy" and "unprofessional".

Interview Question – nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

"Network Engineer" Interview

"Network Engineer"

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was skeptical after reading all the reviews and interviews posts about Robert Half on Glassdoor. However, after having a one-on-one meeting, everyone was right. The job postings you find on Dice, Monster, and other job search websites are fake. They use these postings to lure candidates in for a meeting. In your meeting, you will be told that you don't have any experience, your experience isn't relevant, and/or your education doesn't matter. The technology orientated positions they have available are mostly contract based and range anywhere from one day to a few months. Hourly pay rates for these positions average $15-17 dollars. If you are lucky, you might get a 12 month contract, but even then I would estimate you will be paid $20,000-$25,000 less annually than if you found a job on your own. Just remember, they will try to sway you into lowering your job standards and pay range so that they can fill their positions. Robert Half gets paid once these positions are filled. It makes perfect sense that they want you to think you don't have the experience, education, or skills necessary for a better job.

Interview Question – General interview questions about yourself and your resume.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview just to get to know information about what they have to offer. The person I met with kept critisizing my resume and crossing off positions that i have held in the past while also telling me that I am asking for was outrageous and I should take a cut. no offense to him! i did my homework better than him and I am confident with what I was asking for. Of course, I ended up leaving very disapointed and he never contacted me again. It showed his level of professionalism at the end.

Interview Question – He mostly kept telling me to lower my expectation rather than getting to learn more about my credentials and prior experience.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – During the phone interview, the manager spoke about the position and asked behavioral questions. The next step was a face-to-face interview where you go over your resume and shadow an employee. They are basic interview questions. If they are interested in hiring you, the manager will give you a call.

Interview Question – General interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You have to take what is offered.

Staffing Manager Interview

Staffing Manager
Stockton, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2013.

Interview Details – Extensive, I had 5 interviews. Although most people I have spoken to stated eight interviews conducted before they were hired. I met with the Division Director three times, the Branch Manager once, and the Regional Manager once. I had to do the follow-up after the interviews to get scheduled for an additional interview.

Interview Question – Questions not difficult, it was more of repeating the same interview to multiple supervisors.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave it for salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Robert Half

Interview Details – resume screening first, 1st 2 pages of resumes are import.
phone screening, normally not hard technical questions.
on site interviews are more technical and to see if a person fits in the team.

Interview Question – normally questions are reasonable.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Robert Half in February 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was long and drawn out and went very well. They like taking their time with the process to ensure that you have all the desired qualifications for the position. The interviews were in panel and individual form. I really enjoyed the hiring process and would do it again in a second!

Interview Question – What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Robert Half in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had my detailed interview with OfficeTeam. The account manager sourced out several positions for me. I felt Robert Half would be my best option as a temp to hire. I started as a temp and had an informal interview. After working with the company for 6 months I was offered a choice of two positions that became available.

Interview Question – I do not recall a difficult question.   Answer Question

Division Director Interview

Division Director

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – 5 Interviews with the same generic questions. What is most important to you? What do you contribute your success to? How do you feel about 150 sales connects a week, 15 client visits and 20 interviews??

Negotiation Details – I was told the salary was higher. I should have known when I was always given a range. It was less, however they came in with the bonus plan. I wish I knew how impossible it would be to get there without someone being fired (then getting their accounts).

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!