Robert Half

Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.5

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half.

Great interview process. Very helpful and supportive of career growth. A great place to start out to add software/experience to your resume! They have a very large clientele and you never know if one of the roles you're temping for becomes permanent.

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half in March 2015.

I was contacted about the open position. We set up an interview for a few days later. I went in for the interview. Basic questions like about your background, why you are looking to change jobs, etc. The recruiter was very friendly, but overall it was a negative experience. They told me starting salary is around $30,000.. not sure where the other salary averages on here came from. I have a bachelors degree and previous experience and it was a firm $30,000, with $35,000 being the very highest starting salary. They dangle paid time off, good benefits, and "ability to make commission" in front of you, to make up for the 10-12 hour days and poor starting salary. STAY AWAY unless you want to work 7:30-6 everyday and make about $10-12/ hour. Also, it is very sales and results based. If you do not deliver the results and sell to clients, you are gone. The person who interviewed me even said it takes about 6 months to see any commission and that they have a very high turn over rate for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Why did you leave (specific position)?   Answer Question

Entry Level Attorney Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half.

Applied looking for contract attorney work or paralegal work as recent barred law grad from top school... told me I could not qualify for (a) paralegal openings (b) legal assistant positions BUT they could hire me as a Receptionist......

Disgrace Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half.

I was corresponding with a nice woman (whose name I will refrain from using) but ended up having to meet with another woman due to her being busy. The woman I met with was extremely rude, uninterested and condescending. I will never go back unless I am desperate. They have only temp jobs with basically no guarantee of something permanent.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about previous job experience related to the industry they are to place you in   Answer Question

Temporary Employee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Robert Half.

Very basic preliminary interview to get in their system. Asked basic questions in an attempt to get to know me better so they could represent me to their customers.

Interview Questions
    • What areas are you looking to improve upon in the next five years?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in February 2015.

There is no process. I would recommend job seekers not to waste time with RH. Their consultants invite candidates for interviews to fill their schedules.

Most of the jobs on job board are fake.

Interview Questions
    • All crap.......... Consultants dont know anything about Accounting & Finance. They just waste candidates time.   View Answer

Full-Time Position Interview

I applied for a job they listed online and was called the next day by a recruiter. I then met with several recruiters in the office who work in different areas and would be working on connecting me with a company. We talked about the best way to move forward and what kinds of jobs I was looking for. Everyone was extremely friendly, helpful and willing to meet with me in order to find the right placement.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected, it was a conversational interview about what I was looking for. Just make sure you have clear goals about what job you want, pay rate and distance willing to travel.   Answer Question

The opportunity didn't align with my career goals.

Staffing Manager Interview

pleasant; friendly staff members; very informative; will provide job shadowing to further get inside of what the job really entails; will make it comfortable as possible; will speak to other staff members as well- to see overall chemistry with everyone

Interview Questions
    • there was not one difficult questions; just a conversation- really just personality based   Answer Question

Salaried Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half.

general interview question, it took 3 weeks to complete the whole hiring process.Interview questions was easy, i did very well. but the salary they offered is not much, i took the offer because this position offers more oppotunities.

Accoutnant Interview

Very nice and professional staff. I was greeted warmly and promptly. The interviewer was very interested in finding my specific skill set and getting as much information as possible. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, they made the process very comfortable actually.   Answer Question

salary range was low