Robert Half Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.5

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

It was a three step interview process meeting with the branch manager, followed by the regional manager, finalizing with an interview with the Vice President of the district. You must pass a personality assessment after the interviews and pass that assessment to get the offer.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Robert Half (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Thorough and professional. There were several emails back and forth to answer and questions and fill out as much information ahead time, that the face to face was painless. I really liked that you could take assessments and increase performance in needed skills for particular positions.

Interview Questions

• Level of proficiency in which skills, as well as language, and which side of town would I prefer for commuting concerns.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA).

Interview

One recruiter from Robert Half contacted me, since he found my resume in a career site. We fixed an appointment. I did the interview with 2 different recruiters from Robert Half, one responsible for the Contract assignment, and the other responsible for permanent positions. Before going to the interview I visited Glassdoor comments, and all the negative feedback. I witnessed them myself. First, before even starting the interview, the receptionist take all your personal data, including SSN and driving license. Then later you join the interviewer. I specifically told them from start that I was looking for a permanent position.They did general questions, nothing outstanding. They call you for interview without having a vacancy. Practically the job posts in their site are mostly outdated. During the interview they try to tell you that you will need to be flexible, and accept offers that may be lower than your salary expectations. At the end of interview they say they don't have a position that match your skills, however, after the dept meeting they will be sending an email with all the possible jobs that you might be a match. Never received email from the interviewer, as promised. However, approximately 1 week later, a recruiter from Accountemps contacted me for a temporary position, asking me if I want to go for interview to their client. After asking her to send me first the job description, she said she doesn't have it as her client didn't provide the job description yet. Confused not knowing what to do, I said yes, but inside me I knew that they work only with the sense of urgency to provide a solution to the client, without making sure that is a good match, or the candidate will be happy and satisfied working in that a position.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences? What is the salary range you would accept to work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Robert Half in June 2015.

Interview

I did not apply for this position, but I was found by another Recruiting Manager from the company on LinkedIn. They reached out to me and asked me maybe 2-3 questions about my experience then asked me to come in for an interview in the Tyson's Corner office. The interview took about 45 minutes total. The interview consisted of me giving a quick review of resume, then the interviewer telling me why the company was so great to work for. The interviewer then brought in about two other people to tell me about their experiences as well...all in all, the interview went fairly well, but I still wasn't sold on anything because it seemed "too good to be true." The Recruiting Manager followed up with me the next day to set me up for the same type of interview, except it was going to be at a closer location to me. It was for the same role, just a different team...this interview went terribly, on their end. The office was extremely small, the air conditioning was not turned on in the waiting area, and all of the employees worked in one room in the back. After the administrative assistant took my resume and had me fill out more paperwork I waited in the "meeting room" for OVER 30 minutes. When the person that I was supposedly interviewing with finally came in and failed to apologize for the wait. He was overly cocky and did not even bother to apologize for keeping me waiting. After meeting with him and two others he said he would pass along my resume to his regional director and be in touch in the next day or so. After a couple days passed I sent him a follow up email asking about the status of candidacy. No response. A couple of days later I sent him another follow up email. And yet again, no response. Overall, this was a terrible interview experience. I have lost respect for the company for having someone of that power acting so unprofessional. I would not recommend this compnay to any one.

Accounts Receivabe Interview

Interview

A very casual, facetime interview. He didn't ask many questions. The interview only took 15 minutes. He only asked questions on what was on my resume and my past experiences. It seemed like he needed employees quick.

Informational Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Robert Half (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Absolutely great!! Everything was done online, except the final signing of tax forms. Face to face interview of 30 minutes to make sure all aspects of interview were covered.

Graphic Design Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Waste of time. Twice the amount of interviewing. First at the agency and then another round of interviews at their client. Very young staff. Avoid the middleman and you will save lots of time.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Robert Half (Clifton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Like any other interview. there is a lot of forms to fill out in the begging but overall very friendly staff. Expect to be with lots of prospect employees since its a recruiter, and I guess they interview for different positions. The interviewer was very friendly and has kept in touch after has been very helpful`.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you fro the job ;`   1 Answer

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved a number of company employees who ranged from operations, marketing, financial and executive positions. The process reviewed my extensive background and even included details about working in foreign countries. It took place over three hours and included meeting with over ten people from various departments. The process was very thorough and included all aspects of my background.

Interview Questions

• How will you meet our challenges?   1 Answer

Not enough compensation.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was expedited because I had a few offers on the table. The first day I spent 4 hours and interviewed with 6 people. Very standard questions simply asking about my experience and why I would be a good addition to RH. Everyone was very friendly, honest, and upfront with me. I was taken into the back to meet several people from the team, ask them questions, and see what it would be like to work for RH. The next day I came in again for 3 hours. I interviewed through Skype with the Regional VP and then interviewed with 3 more individuals. On the 3rd day I Skyped from home with the President of RH. Within 2 days I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good asset for our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. We had discussed money in the beginning and were on the same page for where I wanted to be at. Offer letter came in the mail, so it was set in stone.