Robert Half Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.5

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Interview

Very unprofessional recruiters who do not explain anything or take into consideration some ones skill set. Treats others on a bias unequal method. Over all experience of the management and recruiters are very rude.

Interview Questions

• Nothing pertaining to skills   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

I met with three different people for the interview--the manager plus two people in Sales Assistant positions. I was asked what I was looking for in a job. The whole process took under an hour. Prior to getting this interview I had already interviewed with Robert Half in order to seek a Recruitment position. When that didn't pan out, one of the managers was kind enough to keep me in mind and give me a phone call about the front desk position. They also notified me about a recruitment opportunity with one of the sister companies.

Interview Questions

• "What are you looking for in a job?"   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

They were very friendly and asked relevate question pertaining to the job. They wanted to make sure that the job was a good fit for the employee and employer

Interview Questions

• How much Excel knowledge do you have   1 Answer

F/C Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was quick, too quick. I met with the recruiter for about 10 minutes and he indicated that I needed to take some assessments and redo my resume for his use. He said he could then call companies to see if they needed someone like me.

Interview Questions

• What kind of business did I want to work for and we discussed the location.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I was interviewed by the Branch Manager, then the Division Director, and then the rest of the team of Recruiters and Salesguys. It was pretty informal -- although make sure you dress professionally. This is a place that takes itself more seriously than it should. Therefore, suit and tie is a must.

Interview Questions

• What I wanted out of a job, how I would fair in this position with my limited knowledge in the industry.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Quick and simple. Met with a recruiter at a career fair. Filled out an application online, after the application you are required to take an assessment test, then the face to face interview

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

It was a three step interview process meeting with the branch manager, followed by the regional manager, finalizing with an interview with the Vice President of the district. You must pass a personality assessment after the interviews and pass that assessment to get the offer.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Thorough and professional. There were several emails back and forth to answer and questions and fill out as much information ahead time, that the face to face was painless. I really liked that you could take assessments and increase performance in needed skills for particular positions.

Interview Questions

• Level of proficiency in which skills, as well as language, and which side of town would I prefer for commuting concerns.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA).

Interview

One recruiter from Robert Half contacted me, since he found my resume in a career site. We fixed an appointment. I did the interview with 2 different recruiters from Robert Half, one responsible for the Contract assignment, and the other responsible for permanent positions. Before going to the interview I visited Glassdoor comments, and all the negative feedback. I witnessed them myself. First, before even starting the interview, the receptionist take all your personal data, including SSN and driving license. Then later you join the interviewer. I specifically told them from start that I was looking for a permanent position.They did general questions, nothing outstanding. They call you for interview without having a vacancy. Practically the job posts in their site are mostly outdated. During the interview they try to tell you that you will need to be flexible, and accept offers that may be lower than your salary expectations. At the end of interview they say they don't have a position that match your skills, however, after the dept meeting they will be sending an email with all the possible jobs that you might be a match. Never received email from the interviewer, as promised. However, approximately 1 week later, a recruiter from Accountemps contacted me for a temporary position, asking me if I want to go for interview to their client. After asking her to send me first the job description, she said she doesn't have it as her client didn't provide the job description yet. Confused not knowing what to do, I said yes, but inside me I knew that they work only with the sense of urgency to provide a solution to the client, without making sure that is a good match, or the candidate will be happy and satisfied working in that a position.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences? What is the salary range you would accept to work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Robert Half in June 2015.

Interview

I did not apply for this position, but I was found by another Recruiting Manager from the company on LinkedIn. They reached out to me and asked me maybe 2-3 questions about my experience then asked me to come in for an interview in the Tyson's Corner office. The interview took about 45 minutes total. The interview consisted of me giving a quick review of resume, then the interviewer telling me why the company was so great to work for. The interviewer then brought in about two other people to tell me about their experiences as well...all in all, the interview went fairly well, but I still wasn't sold on anything because it seemed "too good to be true." The Recruiting Manager followed up with me the next day to set me up for the same type of interview, except it was going to be at a closer location to me. It was for the same role, just a different team...this interview went terribly, on their end. The office was extremely small, the air conditioning was not turned on in the waiting area, and all of the employees worked in one room in the back. After the administrative assistant took my resume and had me fill out more paperwork I waited in the "meeting room" for OVER 30 minutes. When the person that I was supposedly interviewing with finally came in and failed to apologize for the wait. He was overly cocky and did not even bother to apologize for keeping me waiting. After meeting with him and two others he said he would pass along my resume to his regional director and be in touch in the next day or so. After a couple days passed I sent him a follow up email asking about the status of candidacy. No response. A couple of days later I sent him another follow up email. And yet again, no response. Overall, this was a terrible interview experience. I have lost respect for the company for having someone of that power acting so unprofessional. I would not recommend this compnay to any one.