Robert Half

2.5

Senior PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half.

Standard interview process. Writing test required. First interview with the direct manager who asked standard interview questions. Second interview with the SVP who asked about my abilities to perform the job and how my background related to the position. Third interview with the executive director who told me about his expectations and goals for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about previous experience and behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Offer was made, I countered for more and we settled in the middle.

Sales Support Interview

I came in to interview as a temporary candidate and was offered an interview for the internal position which was opening up. The interview was scheduled the following day. It was conducted by the branch manager and the lead administrator. Very informal, behavior based interview. Felt comfortable and definitely got an idea of the culture, which was laid back and had a "family" feeling.

Accounting Clerk Interview

The first interview is on phone. Sometimes they would ask you to meet in person, but not necessarily. Everything is pretty simple. It is one on one interview and the questions are very basic. They mostly ask about your experience and your requirements/wished for your position.

Recruiting Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Half.

Had three interviews over three weeks with supervisors and team. Very upfront, open, informative. Provided excellent description of work required, including shadow opportunity. Felt comfortable that I knew what the job entailed.

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Robert Half.

Response was prompt. However, after a general interview session, they then wanted to put me in for a position completely different from what I had applied at a company I didn't want. Looking around the waiting room, it seemed they worked on small but frequent placement volume and wanted to get the most likely placement for the least amount of work.

Interview Questions

Neither a good company nor a good position.

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half.

The interview process was not a process at all. They did not ask the "normal" interview questions, instead they wanted to see your personality and your willingness to work and try new things. It was very laid back and it felt like I was hired before I went into the interview. They want someone who will represent their company well and their clients will do their own interviewing to see if you are a good fight for their specific company.

Interview Questions
    • There really was none, I was very surprised at how laid back the whole process was.   Answer Question
    You don't negotiate price right then and there, you either accept or reject temp. jobs and the salary that comes with them at the time that the job is available.

Transactions Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Robert Half.

met with two recruiters for a legal position in sf. Both interviewers were very helpful in giving tips about my experience, my resume, and what skills I should highlight in the event of a formal interview. Furthermore they both were very in tune with what was available for me and set up a formal interview within a few days. My overall experience was very good and hope to work with them again in the future.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected and fine tuned by interviewers.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in October 2014.

I have been interviewed by staffing manager. All questions were related to the previous position's duties. Couple simple questions in general accepted accounting principles and basic reconciliations. Overall positive attitude to an applicants.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in October 2014.

I was contacted by voicemail and email about a Business Analyst position for a well known company with a long term (2-3 years) contract. In the email I received from the recruiter, I was told the rate would be $105k/year, but then during my phone interview with the same recruiter, she told me the rate was about $40/hr. I asked why there was a discrepancy between what she emailed me and what she was now telling me on the phone and she claimed the emailed rate was the top end rate for the best qualified candidate and that based on my qualifications the most she could offer was between 40-45/hr (about $80-90k/year).

The RH recruiter then requested we have a follow-up Skype interview the next day. She stated that before this interview could take place, I would need to provide her with 6 references and I would need to fill out a candidate/consultant profile and marketing statement. This seemed excessive with only a 24 hour notice -- certainly not enough time for me to contact my references to ask permission and give them a heads up.

Because I already had in-person and phone interviews set up for several permanent full time positions, I decided not to bother completing the interview process with Robert Half. I was also unhappy with the bait and switch on the salary compensation.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly related to my resume and experience.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half in October 2014.

One of the worst staffing companies ever! I arrived 15 min early, in suit attire, with immaculate copies of my resume and a cheerful attitude but don't waste your time. Basic computer tests, a basic interview, and basic people who aren't very good at interviewing. Don't go unless you would like false hope for a job, I've interviewed three times with this company and they NEVER call back about how the interview went, only for underpaying opportunities.

This is am underhanded company with no tact or real ability to place people.