Robert Half Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.5

Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half.

Initially pleasant, I had a phone interview and then was called back for three more separate interviews where I met with various managers and finally shadowed someone recruiting. I was basically told I had the job since the Director of the company met and liked me and recommended my hiring. I was then, as a final step, asked to complete a timed assessment which had me answer multiple choice questions relating to my personality and analytical skills.
    I then did not hear back from anyone at the company. I emailed one of the women I interviewed with, she finally emailed me back today and told me I was no longer under consideration because of the results of this "Assessment" when it was never mentioned previously. They will waste your time and are not considerate of other people. I also got in trouble for missing so much work coming back to interview 3 times with them. Absolutely would not recommend.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking for in a job? What are your weaknesses and strenghts?   Answer Question

Various Web Development Positions Interview

I am a candidate. They are very high pressure. Whenever I get a call from them, I half cringe. This recruiter I am working with goes from completely dropping the ball on me to being so high pressured that he won't stop calling and even sends texts.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in March 2015.

Asked questions mainly regarding my background (resume), but most of the interview process was the interviewer selling me on the company. It was a very relaxed process and I felt at ease. My overall impression of the company is that it seems like a stable company with room for rapid growth internally. My only negative is that pay was not mentioned other than I was asked what I make now. I would have preferred we got the elephant out of the room early on.

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half.

Great interview process. Very helpful and supportive of career growth. A great place to start out to add software/experience to your resume! They have a very large clientele and you never know if one of the roles you're temping for becomes permanent.

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half in March 2015.

I was contacted about the open position. We set up an interview for a few days later. I went in for the interview. Basic questions like about your background, why you are looking to change jobs, etc. The recruiter was very friendly, but overall it was a negative experience. They told me starting salary is around $30,000.. not sure where the other salary averages on here came from. I have a bachelors degree and previous experience and it was a firm $30,000, with $35,000 being the very highest starting salary. They dangle paid time off, good benefits, and "ability to make commission" in front of you, to make up for the 10-12 hour days and poor starting salary. STAY AWAY unless you want to work 7:30-6 everyday and make about $10-12/ hour. Also, it is very sales and results based. If you do not deliver the results and sell to clients, you are gone. The person who interviewed me even said it takes about 6 months to see any commission and that they have a very high turn over rate for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Why did you leave (specific position)?   Answer Question

Entry Level Attorney Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half.

Applied looking for contract attorney work or paralegal work as recent barred law grad from top school... told me I could not qualify for (a) paralegal openings (b) legal assistant positions BUT they could hire me as a Receptionist......

Disgrace Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half.

I was corresponding with a nice woman (whose name I will refrain from using) but ended up having to meet with another woman due to her being busy. The woman I met with was extremely rude, uninterested and condescending. I will never go back unless I am desperate. They have only temp jobs with basically no guarantee of something permanent.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about previous job experience related to the industry they are to place you in   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in February 2015.

There is no process. I would recommend job seekers not to waste time with RH. Their consultants invite candidates for interviews to fill their schedules.

Most of the jobs on job board are fake.

Interview Questions
    • All crap.......... Consultants dont know anything about Accounting & Finance. They just waste candidates time.   View Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in February 2015.

The recruiter (who was new) apparently did not understand that I was also a client, as well as his client. Interview went well, and they wanted me to stay a day shadowing, which was fine since it was close.

Not even 20 minutes in, people were negative, bad mouthing everyone else. I stuck it out for two hours, and decided, this is not for me. I would not have accepted the position, mainly because the IT director was not there, so there was no chance to discuss how the team morale could be changed.

It could have been different regardless, but ten minutes later, when I called him to tell him the outcome, he was livid and basically said I couldn't go with the flow as asked. I could have hung out all day, but I am sorry, if I am going to accept a position with a company who has a lot of negativity, the least I should expect is to be able to talk to the person I will report to.

Again, this was someone who said they were a new recruiter, but any good recruiter knows that they work for both parties. If it won't be a fit, then it is not a fit. But don't get angry because someone made a decision that was best for them and the company they were looking to get hired by.

After all the negative talk, two hours was more time than I should have put in, but if I could have talked to the person I would report to, things could have been different. And being almost yelled at (sorry, can't probably say the B word), there was not other way to take it.

Temporary Employee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Robert Half.

Very basic preliminary interview to get in their system. Asked basic questions in an attempt to get to know me better so they could represent me to their customers.

Interview Questions
    • What areas are you looking to improve upon in the next five years?   Answer Question