Robert Half Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.5

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initially recruited during interview for regular permanent job. For internal positions, there can be up to 7 or 8 interviews, including multi-hour sit-in style. Lots of role-playing. Sometimes can be sent to interview at other branches/locations, which can double the number of interviews. Takes up to several weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Role-playing how to meet the needs of a client asking for support for their SEC reporting function.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base salary is negligible, uncapped commission structure is the only sell. Really nothing to negotiate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

The Calgary office is located on the 42nd floor of Bankers Hall West. I interviewed with three people and had a very nice experience. Taylor took the extra time to critique my interview style and my resume. I appreciate the feedback and hope to benefit from his expertise.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your greatest value lies, as an employee? What would make me want to hire you?   Answer Question
    • When you say expert Excel level? What do you mean, exactly? Macros? Pivot Tables? (yes)

Fantastic. I've had some people come in here and say that they are experts because they know where the autosum function is, lol

Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half (Dearborn, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I appiled online for the customer service was told that I should apply for data entry she sent the test but my computer did not have all plug ins I ask to come in office near me thats were the rejection started at the Dearborn MI office

Interview Questions

• Do I know they only have temporarily position its not worth coming up there   1 Answer

Help Desk Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Robert Half (Bellevue, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

They head hunt for you and match you to the positions they have in their system. The actual interview that I did go to was kind of crazy. It was more than an hour long and I met over seven people. All asked me questions and it was a bit long.

Interview Questions

• Robert Half didn't really ask questions they prepared me to answer questions from the hopeful employer when I got the interview. At the interview they asked why do I want this job? Why did I leave my old job?   Answer Question

Division Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Met with at least 6 people - boiler room set-up, they 'sell the dream', corporate professional and high energy atmosphere. Fast interviews and they're looking for professionalism (suited, sharp personal appearance), aggressive/'salesy' and hungry people, with personality and confidence.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes they ask a random or completely unrelated/non-relevant question, JUST to see how quickly you respond - testing your ability to think on your feet / decisiveness.....the answer really isn't that important, but make sure you can at least explain it....for example...if you could have one super power, what would it be and why? (they start mentally counting as to how long it takes you to respond and explain why)...   1 Answer

Negotiation

know the market and your value, would recommend negotiating UP FRONT, because promises of increases later are extremely difficult to make happen....

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Responded to posting on job board and received a callback and set up an interview. Went on website and glassdoor to prepare for interview. I also prepared questions I wanted to know to see if this was a company I wanted to work for. Interviewed with potential boss, which I really enjoyed considering I did not know what type of person to expect and was liked. Met with team members, who were all really nice and actually shadowed one to see what potential day would be like. Unlike a lot of interviews where they ask questions to confuse you and set you up to fail. Very easy going, enjoyable conversation.

Interview Questions

• What positions does Robert Half staff for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked for amount and was given it.

Internal Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (San Ramon, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I passed phone screen and an in-person interview, so the next step was a "writing" test. If this test is a true reflection of how the company operates, raise a red flag, because it's about 20 years behind the times. I put "writing" in quotes because this wasn't just a writing test as was advertised, but a proofreading and research test as well.

Let's start with proofreading. The instructions required you to print out the doc, and use standard proofreading marks. OK, fine. Though, I'm sure my proofreading marks have evolved over time, that, even if they were understandable, I felt like I would be deducted for not using the "standard" version. And, uh, who still needs to print out a doc to edit it? That slows down the pace of business significantly. These days, writers need to be able to review on the computer, use the Tracking Changes feature in World, email it back to the content provider, and move on to the next deadline. I'm curious how many deadlines RHI misses because it has to interoffice mail or fax proofread material. I also question who outside of this team would understand what those proofreading marks mean when they're given a doc back to edit. As for the sentences themselves... there were 20 of 'em, and none of them were reflective of what somebody might encounter during the course of editing for this job. RHI is a staffing firm and consultancy... why have this sentence: "The drapes came in three colors: Blue, purple, reddish brown. I had chose the latter because it reminded me of the curtains in the theatre down town." Or this gem: "In his three weeks vacation Michael traveled by aerophane to England in which he tried to order tea and scones like Englishmen do." If your employee communications department is writing stories with these sentences, I wouldn't be surprised if you told me nobody reads your newsletters, as they're clearly not relevant to the business. Most likely, these sentences were pulled off a Google search to test candidates on the tricky grammar situations but real-life examples would've been far more relevant, and challenging. Tea and scones... seriously?

For the writing test, every other company I have taken one for gives you the facts/data and they want to see how well you write. get it, a _writing_ test? :) RHI took a different course. It asked you to track down a recent event yourself, and then write an article that provides details you as a candidate wouldn't be privy too.

All said, it was an exhausting and disappointing 90 min. I expected more from a company of RHI's caliber.

Interview Questions

• see above... the "test" was definitely unexpected in terms of quality.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Robert Half (Coral Gables, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Excellent, Extremely professionals

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth, Excellent results for both, companies & their clients.

Site Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

The interview process was very helpful. The interviewer assisted you with employment goals and finding your pacific area of expertise. They find you challenging positions with in your educational area.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do? Its an easy question but with so many options and areas of focus its hard to narrow down the answer.   1 Answer

Personal

Division Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half (Washington, DC) in December 2012.

Interview

Had initial interview with the Branch Manager, the interview was very informal more like a meet and greet and discovery. After the conversation exchange, the branch manager explained the next step- a meeting with the Senior Vice President within a couple of weeks.