Robert Half

288 candidate interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Westborough, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – They found my resume on my school's website and contacted me about a recruiting position. They also had me interview for an admin position while I was there without any prep.

Interview Question – Asking me if I was more interested in the recruiting or admin position. Didn't expect to be asked to interview for another job while I was there..   Answer Question

Entry Level Accounting Clerk Interview

Interviewed at Robert Half

Interview Details – A 37 min interview walked him through my resume. Very friendly and understanding.

Consultant Interview

Interview Details – Phone synopsis of the position. Awesome

Interview Question – Would you like the phone interview?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter

I applied online and interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – Too to long to get an interview.

Reason for Declining – too many hours worked by employees

Finance Manager Interview

Interviewed at Robert Half

Interview Details – The interview process was pleasant and informative.

Interview Question – If you could have lunch with anyone alive or dead, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – another offer

Help Desk Interview

Interview Details – I had to simulate a few example situations such as

Imagine a caller has trouble understanding what you are trying to explain to him. What do you do to help him understand you?

If a customer calls saying his computer won't boot, how will you troubleshoot it?

If someone finds that their Internet connectivity is down, how would you fix the problem?

Finance Temp Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – I visited the website to get an idea of what they offer and decided to submit my resume via the online service for the specific roles I was interested in. I never received confirmation or a response. I also sent emails to the office and never heard back.

Reason for Declining – I felt that $9/h for a finance position was quite low.

Staffing Manager Interview

Staffing Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – Was pretty straight forward. I interviewed initially with the Regional Manager and then interviewed with separate Senior Staffing Managers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult co-worker or customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They start the base salary really low but tell you that you can make up for it with their bonus structure. It takes long hours to build up the bonus requirements and you really won't make too much until after a year of grinding.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – I ended up being interviewed by several people at one time (almost like a board meeting). It wasn't the most comfortable scenario but I ended up being hired on the spot. When people are arguing with each other about the details of the position while their interviewing you; it should be a red flag for you to run fast.

Interview Question – What negative attributes do you have?   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Recruiting Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely fast. I was called by a recruiter (on a Friday) after applying online. I did a short informal interview with the recruiter, set up the 1st face to face for the next week (Tuesday). The first face to face was great. We discussed (in detail) each position I had, then the interviewer went over the 3 positions they were hiring for (in detail). She immediately set me up with another interview for that Thursday with her boss. That interview was similar to the first. . .going over each job, why I am looking to leave my current position, etc. However, this interview went into more details about the pay structure, bonuses, etc. He also showed me around the building before we finished and offered to set up my 3rd (skype) interview with his boss as early as the next day (Friday). I agreed, did a skype interview with the Regional Dir. which was the toughest interview. Very fast paced, lots of intense questions regarding my past work experience and my expectations with the new job. The recruiter was great because without realizing it, she had actually prepared me for this last interview. After the last interview, he told me to get back in touch with the person I first interviewed with by Monday. Tuesday, I had an offer. So it was a very fast process, they didn't make you wait a long period of time in between interviews or offering me the position. Great interview process!

Interview Question – "What is C sharp" was the toughest most unexpected question because I did not have any experience in the "technology world"

"How do you feel that you have zero knowledge of IT" was another tough question, but I was prepared for it.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no need to negotiate since they started my base salary where I W2'd the year before. Throughout the process, they were very open about money and I knew it was a good fit (financially) from the first interview with the recruiter.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Robert Half

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!

Robert Half Videos

Robert Half – Why Work for Us?

Robert Half is a leader in professional staffing services, and when you join our company, you'll be part of the best team in the business. What makes us different? For one thing, Robert Half is the most respected firm… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Robert Half interview questions and advice. All 288 interview reviews posted anonymously by Robert Half employees and interview candidates.