Robert Half Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.5

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

It was a three step interview process meeting with the branch manager, followed by the regional manager, finalizing with an interview with the Vice President of the district. You must pass a personality assessment after the interviews and pass that assessment to get the offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cologne (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (Cologne (Germany)).

Interview

Es gab zwei Gespräche, das erste war mit dem Niederlassungsleiter und einem Teamleiter, beide sehr nett, haben relativ offen geschildert was zu erwarten ist. Das hat sich im nachhinein auch genau so dargestellt. im zweiten gespräch wurden noch weitere teamleiter hinzugerufen. In welchem team man zum Einsatz kommt sollte so noch entschieden werden. man konnte auch Wünsche äußern. Dann gab es einen halben Tag Probearbeiten mit der potentiellen zukünftigen Chefin.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Klassischer Bewerbungsprozess, jeder der sich bewirbt sollte sich genau überlegen ob er für den Vertrieb geeignet ist. Es geht hier nicht um klassische Personalarbeit.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Robert Half (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Thorough and professional. There were several emails back and forth to answer and questions and fill out as much information ahead time, that the face to face was painless. I really liked that you could take assessments and increase performance in needed skills for particular positions.

Interview Questions

• Level of proficiency in which skills, as well as language, and which side of town would I prefer for commuting concerns.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Robert Half (Charleston, SC) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was very analytical, situational, and based off of previous experience. you must be prepared to talk about what you know about the position and the company. It was very personable and energetic.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle XYZ situation.   1 Answer

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was expedited because I had a few offers on the table. The first day I spent 4 hours and interviewed with 6 people. Very standard questions simply asking about my experience and why I would be a good addition to RH. Everyone was very friendly, honest, and upfront with me. I was taken into the back to meet several people from the team, ask them questions, and see what it would be like to work for RH. The next day I came in again for 3 hours. I interviewed through Skype with the Regional VP and then interviewed with 3 more individuals. On the 3rd day I Skyped from home with the President of RH. Within 2 days I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good asset for our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. We had discussed money in the beginning and were on the same page for where I wanted to be at. Offer letter came in the mail, so it was set in stone.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Robert Half (Akron, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was simple, easy and very relaxed. The hiring manager seemed very enthusiastic to place me in several open positions. We talked a bit about my technology background and experience and how best to frame it to secure good contracts.

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in May 2013.

Interview

Quick and brief. They ask mostly about how you would like sales. Recently they started giving sales assessments. Make sure you are confident and research the company. You also get to shadow the team and negotiate your salary. Be sure to dress professionally.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA).

Interview

One recruiter from Robert Half contacted me, since he found my resume in a career site. We fixed an appointment. I did the interview with 2 different recruiters from Robert Half, one responsible for the Contract assignment, and the other responsible for permanent positions. Before going to the interview I visited Glassdoor comments, and all the negative feedback. I witnessed them myself. First, before even starting the interview, the receptionist take all your personal data, including SSN and driving license. Then later you join the interviewer. I specifically told them from start that I was looking for a permanent position.They did general questions, nothing outstanding. They call you for interview without having a vacancy. Practically the job posts in their site are mostly outdated. During the interview they try to tell you that you will need to be flexible, and accept offers that may be lower than your salary expectations. At the end of interview they say they don't have a position that match your skills, however, after the dept meeting they will be sending an email with all the possible jobs that you might be a match. Never received email from the interviewer, as promised. However, approximately 1 week later, a recruiter from Accountemps contacted me for a temporary position, asking me if I want to go for interview to their client. After asking her to send me first the job description, she said she doesn't have it as her client didn't provide the job description yet. Confused not knowing what to do, I said yes, but inside me I knew that they work only with the sense of urgency to provide a solution to the client, without making sure that is a good match, or the candidate will be happy and satisfied working in that a position.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences? What is the salary range you would accept to work?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

There was 1 phone interview and 4 face to face interviews. There are many people you meet with, they don't really seem to talk to each other, so you end up repeating yourself a lot. Because there are so many people involved in the process, you are not only given different info but a lot of it is conflicting information. One person extended me an offer and another withdrew it.

Interview Questions

• The interview was mostly about past experiences and ability to sales goals. There are many people you meet with, they don't really seem to talk to each other, so you end up repeating yourself a lot. Because there are so many people involved in the process, you are not only given different info but a lot of it is conflicting information. One person extended me an offer and another withdrew it.   Answer Question

Informational Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Robert Half (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Absolutely great!! Everything was done online, except the final signing of tax forms. Face to face interview of 30 minutes to make sure all aspects of interview were covered.