Robert Half Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.5

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

found out about open position via branch manager's linked in post. contacted him & submitted resume. got called in right away. asked some behavioral questions. got called back next wk for 2nd interview with director of division. simple (tell me about a time when) kind of questions. was given a decision/offer within 48hrs and asked to start the following wk.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult or technical. maybe because the department was still fairly new and job tasks were still being finalized. but most questions pertained to figuring out if the personality would be a good fit.   View Answer
    no negotiations on salary. they make a final offer. don't expect it to be impressive by any means. pretty low in relative to the industry standard actually.

Recruiting/Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Robert Half.

Wow.. this place is simply horrible. I arrived at their office on time, only to realize that the receptionist (who had an attitude and acted as if he was the boss of the office) didn't know I was coming or whom I was meeting with. Then 15 mins later, someone else in the office realized the person I was initially supposed to meet with handed over to someone else, who was running late. Then 30 mins later, the person came in and seemed really unprepared. She then went over my resume and asked me some questions and the next thing she talked about was the pay and how the positions I was looking for do not pay much. I agree with the other comments saying how greedy these people are. They rip you off with high markups. Even more, they don't care about your preferences/interests. They try to put you on any assignment so you can start making them money. I said I preferred the IT industry and a few days later, they got back to me with an opening at a mental treatment institute. The two keywords that best describe them are "greedy" and "unprofessional".

Temp to Perm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Robert Half in July 2014.

I came across an entry-level position online that I felt I could be a good fit and emailed the hiring manager. She replied to me 3 weeks later to invite me to come to her office and meet. She seems to be satisfactory with my resume and experience, and told me that she would be in touch.

Interview Questions
    • There were all basic questions about my resume. She also asked a couple of follow up questions, but nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Support Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in July 2014.

Very straightforward process. I applied on a Saturday, Monday afternoon I was called and had a brief (10 minute) phone interview. Then my interviewer sent me several skills tests to complete online. I did well enough to get an on-site interview. The on-site portion was about an hour and a half of job shadowing followed by meeting 3 members of the team including a VP. Everyone I met with was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Why aren't you looking for a job within your college major?   Answer Question

The commute was just a bit too bar for me and the hours were earlier than my current position. I didn't want to have to leave my house before 7:30 to be on time to work

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half.

During the phone interview, the manager spoke about the position and asked behavioral questions. The next step was a face-to-face interview where you go over your resume and shadow an employee. They are basic interview questions. If they are interested in hiring you, the manager will give you a call.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. You have to take what is offered.

Software Engineer Interview

resume screening first, 1st 2 pages of resumes are import.
    phone screening, normally not hard technical questions.
    on site interviews are more technical and to see if a person fits in the team.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saddle Brook, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half in June 2014.

I was called in for an interview just to get to know information about what they have to offer. The person I met with kept critisizing my resume and crossing off positions that i have held in the past while also telling me that I am asking for was outrageous and I should take a cut. no offense to him! i did my homework better than him and I am confident with what I was asking for. Of course, I ended up leaving very disapointed and he never contacted me again. It showed his level of professionalism at the end.

Interview Questions
    • He mostly kept telling me to lower my expectation rather than getting to learn more about my credentials and prior experience.   Answer Question

"Network Engineer" Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in June 2014.

I was skeptical after reading all the reviews and interviews posts about Robert Half on Glassdoor. However, after having a one-on-one meeting, everyone was right. The job postings you find on Dice, Monster, and other job search websites are fake. They use these postings to lure candidates in for a meeting. In your meeting, you will be told that you don't have any experience, your experience isn't relevant, and/or your education doesn't matter. The technology orientated positions they have available are mostly contract based and range anywhere from one day to a few months. Hourly pay rates for these positions average $15-17 dollars. If you are lucky, you might get a 12 month contract, but even then I would estimate you will be paid $20,000-$25,000 less annually than if you found a job on your own. Just remember, they will try to sway you into lowering your job standards and pay range so that they can fill their positions. Robert Half gets paid once these positions are filled. It makes perfect sense that they want you to think you don't have the experience, education, or skills necessary for a better job.

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions about yourself and your resume.   Answer Question

Division Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Robert Half.

5 Interviews with the same generic questions. What is most important to you? What do you contribute your success to? How do you feel about 150 sales connects a week, 15 client visits and 20 interviews??

I was told the salary was higher. I should have known when I was always given a range. It was less, however they came in with the bonus plan. I wish I knew how impossible it would be to get there without someone being fired (then getting their accounts).

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

Hiring and Interview process is very intense! You will meet with at least 5 people! And they will give it to you straight with regards to the hard work!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you will make a successful Recruiting Manager?   Answer Question
    Very low base, but potential to make lots of money from commissions!