Robert Half

313 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Division Director Interview

Division Director

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – 5 Interviews with the same generic questions. What is most important to you? What do you contribute your success to? How do you feel about 150 sales connects a week, 15 client visits and 20 interviews??

Negotiation Details – I was told the salary was higher. I should have known when I was always given a range. It was less, however they came in with the bonus plan. I wish I knew how impossible it would be to get there without someone being fired (then getting their accounts).

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in December 2010.

Interview Details – It was very quick considering the market. The interviewer was not in a good mood and not very enthusiastic about the company. I interviewed with two different teams. That was a bit confusing because they had two different positions and I did not have enough information regarding the second position.

Interview Question – If you were a super hero, what would the villain say about you?   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Robert Half in May 2014.

Interview Details – Well this is a staffing firm which the put you through a series of skills test, Interviewing not only with there staff there but also for the client. I'm anxious to hear back soon from them to see what they have in store for me they are really great people to work for.

Interview Question – I really didn't have any really difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Robert Half in September 2011.

Interview Details – Sit in lobby with a lot of other applicants...fill out papers, prior to seeing your party..then once in office interviewed where you may have another person come in and cross question you..annoyingno

Negotiation Details – none...this is the maximum take it or leave it...

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in May 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiters at Robert Half are generally on a 5-15 minute per contact plan so it is imperative to be sharp, well-dressed, on time and know your resume cold. Expect for them to ask some detailed questions specific to the job description qualifications as well as details about how you worked with others at previous positions. Finally, the reasons you give for leaving other companies is taken seriously.

Interview Question – I was asked to outline details for how to land a new technical company so that they would switch over to using me as their new Technical Recruiter. Providing a detailed and logical methodology was key.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When headed into a salary negotiation the least productive thing you can do is to say how much you want. The second worst thing is to say what you previously made. Take some time to work out specific answers that do not divulge either of these two answers until AFTER they have told you the price range for the position. I used these answers:

When asked about my previous salary: * My previous work was not a good match for the new position requirements so my previous salary is not relevant. What is the salary range for the position?

When asked about my salary expectations: * I am sure you will be fair. * You know better than me what the value of the position is in terms of salary. * It is more than just salary as the benefits, working environment, and corporate culture are also very important and I look forward to learning more in my next interview. * When pressed hard, do a salary research and tell them that 'my salary research for this position in this location is X to Y. Is that within the budgeted salary?

SharePoint Administrator Interview

SharePoint Administrator
San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Robert Half in April 2014.

Interview Details – The first interview was a Face-to-Face interview. It was a series of three interviews back to back. The interview process was very positive, and the team and management head were quite professional and polite. They made me feel easy and comfortable and answered many of my questions as well. The workplace is awesome and has a very constructive ambiance to it.

Interview Question – Life cycle of a page and how to improve its performance while its in the SharePoint Environment.   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Recruiting Manager
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview process is very intense! You will meet with at least 5 people! And they will give it to you straight with regards to the hard work!

Interview Question – Why do you think you will make a successful Recruiting Manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very low base, but potential to make lots of money from commissions!

Finance Interview

Finance
Baltimore, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Robert Half in May 2014.

Interview Details – Nice interviewer and then introduced me to another recruiter in Accountemps. Asked my resume and some questions like the position, jobs I prefer,....

Interview Question – They were just asking questions to know what jobs might suit me or what jobs I'd like to applied for through them.   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist Interview

Accounting Specialist
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is simple and detailed.

Interview Question – None. All questions were task related.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You know what the offer is prior to interview.

Staffing Manager Interview

Staffing Manager
Hauppauge, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 different people. 3 hours. Seemed positive. First thing they told me they really liked my experience, but that they had 3 people further along in the process. Then 1 by one I was interviewed by 3 senior managers. Everyone was really nice. It went well, but they didn't hire me.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult   Answer Question