Robert Half

2.5

Mortgage Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Half.

I was heavily pursued by a Robert Half recruiter for a mortgage processing job. I had a face to face interview and was told how impressive I was and the job was mine. I was told I would be hearing back from them in a just couple days with a hire date. A couple days later came and went, and for the next 2 weeks, my phone calls and emails went unanswered. The recruiter I dealt with was NEVER available. I finally got angry and asked if I could speak to anyone else there who could tell me what was going on. I was transferred to another recruiter who meekly told me the position was on hold. I never heard from anyone at Robert Half again. I regret believing I was dealing with a professional organization and I regret putting my job search on hold for these people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing asked was difficult at all. Basic interview questions like "tell me about yourself" and "what are your goals".   Answer Question

Salaried Professional, Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half.

With Robert Half it is a hit or miss. I have never had a placement with them. I also find that they are astoundingly unprofessional, except for the case of one recruiter in Atlanta office who I rather not name.

Interview Questions
    • One of the recruiters asked how long have I been in the US because I have an accent. That was so inappropriate. Again, I would not recommend RH; they treat job applicants like cattle that are led astray with false hopes.   Answer Question

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in August 2014.

Pretty laid back interview. No white board. I'm interviewing with an agency here. So, I know a bit more about the work than they do. The interviews that matter more are the ones with the employers. I was sent on an interview with Eveo.com, where I met with the CTO, and a couple of lead developers there. We discussed my experience and their needs. They didn't particularly grill me on any specific points in my knowledge base, so it wasn't too grueling. I worked there for about 1 3/4 months on a couple of projects, finished them up and they didn't have need any more at the moment. It's the nature of contracting for them that they hire on contractors for projects when they can bill a specific client for them. When they can't bill for the time, there's no work.

Interview Questions
    • Be honest about your experience and technical abilities and you won't have any trouble.   Answer Question
    The negotiation all happened between me and Robert Half recruiter, what small bit there was. There was a misunderstanding where the recruiter came back with an offer that did not coincide with our verbally agreed-upon amount. It was lower. I reminded her, and after a brief period, she called back and conceded to pay the initially agreed-upon amount. It's worthwhile when working with recruiters to have all negotiations up front, because after the employer commits to having you on board, there is no negotiation.

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half.

found out about open position via branch manager's linked in post. contacted him & submitted resume. got called in right away. asked some behavioral questions. got called back next wk for 2nd interview with director of division. simple (tell me about a time when) kind of questions. was given a decision/offer within 48hrs and asked to start the following wk.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult or technical. maybe because the department was still fairly new and job tasks were still being finalized. but most questions pertained to figuring out if the personality would be a good fit.   View Answer
    no negotiations on salary. they make a final offer. don't expect it to be impressive by any means. pretty low in relative to the industry standard actually.

Recruiting/Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Robert Half.

Wow.. this place is simply horrible. I arrived at their office on time, only to realize that the receptionist (who had an attitude and acted as if he was the boss of the office) didn't know I was coming or whom I was meeting with. Then 15 mins later, someone else in the office realized the person I was initially supposed to meet with handed over to someone else, who was running late. Then 30 mins later, the person came in and seemed really unprepared. She then went over my resume and asked me some questions and the next thing she talked about was the pay and how the positions I was looking for do not pay much. I agree with the other comments saying how greedy these people are. They rip you off with high markups. Even more, they don't care about your preferences/interests. They try to put you on any assignment so you can start making them money. I said I preferred the IT industry and a few days later, they got back to me with an opening at a mental treatment institute. The two keywords that best describe them are "greedy" and "unprofessional".

Temp to Perm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half in July 2014.

I came across an entry-level position online that I felt I could be a good fit and emailed the hiring manager. She replied to me 3 weeks later to invite me to come to her office and meet. She seems to be satisfactory with my resume and experience, and told me that she would be in touch.

Interview Questions
    • There were all basic questions about my resume. She also asked a couple of follow up questions, but nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Support Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half in July 2014.

Very straightforward process. I applied on a Saturday, Monday afternoon I was called and had a brief (10 minute) phone interview. Then my interviewer sent me several skills tests to complete online. I did well enough to get an on-site interview. The on-site portion was about an hour and a half of job shadowing followed by meeting 3 members of the team including a VP. Everyone I met with was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Why aren't you looking for a job within your college major?   Answer Question

The commute was just a bit too bar for me and the hours were earlier than my current position. I didn't want to have to leave my house before 7:30 to be on time to work

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half.

During the phone interview, the manager spoke about the position and asked behavioral questions. The next step was a face-to-face interview where you go over your resume and shadow an employee. They are basic interview questions. If they are interested in hiring you, the manager will give you a call.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. You have to take what is offered.

Software Engineer Interview

resume screening first, 1st 2 pages of resumes are import.
    phone screening, normally not hard technical questions.
    on site interviews are more technical and to see if a person fits in the team.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half in June 2014.

I was called in for an interview just to get to know information about what they have to offer. The person I met with kept critisizing my resume and crossing off positions that i have held in the past while also telling me that I am asking for was outrageous and I should take a cut. no offense to him! i did my homework better than him and I am confident with what I was asking for. Of course, I ended up leaving very disapointed and he never contacted me again. It showed his level of professionalism at the end.

Interview Questions
    • He mostly kept telling me to lower my expectation rather than getting to learn more about my credentials and prior experience.   Answer Question