Robert Half

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Robert Half in March 2014.

Interview Details – Lined up for interview with perspective employer and prepped well for interview. RH people never answered questions that I had post interview. Never replied to my query

Staffing Manager Interview

Staffing Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2011.

Interview Details – Several interviews required with different levels of management at different times. Managers try to feel out your personality, presence, appearance, ability to sell and overcome obstacles with ease, competitiveness and proven track record in something whether at be at school or volunteer work.

Interview Question – Tell me why you would like to work Robert Half   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Compensation place is the same for anyone. Performance based company.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – I got the job lead through a recruiter, for a marketing position in their headquarters. They moved very fast, which was nice. Two of the people I interviewed with were great, but one just stared at me like a dead fish. My background was not the best fit for what they were looking for, but unfortunately the recruiter didn't really have a handle on what they needed, resulting in some time wasted on all sides.

Interview Question – Normal questions...how do you approach a project, etc.   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

.NET Developer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – First interview with Robert Half was for the RH associate to get to know my background, done over skype. Online skills test also taken. Second interview, in person, was to get to know the associate in person and to review what positions they had in mind for you. Also had to meet with several other RH employees to further help in the job hunt.

Interview Question – Since RH was a recruiter, they did not ask me anything unexpected. It was all simply to get to know me and my background.   Answer Question

Office Administrator Interview

Office Administrator
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Robert Half in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applicants can browse positions and submit their resumes online at OfficeTeam.com. If your qualifications fit the current need, you will be contacted by an Account Manager:

The preliminary interview consists of a 1:1 sit down with your Account Manager, and essentially serves as a mock interview. During this meeting you will discuss your current administrative skill set, preferred work space, function and ideal placement. This is also a time for the Account Manager to evaluate your job seeker and/or interview etiquette (how you present yourself as an applicant, resume format...etc). Though relatively brief at 20-30 minutes tops, you will likely receive one or more homework assignments to maximize your "hireability" -- humbly accept these evaluations and move to correct any potential dings against you. Brushing up on Excel, removing an eye-brow ring or making use of the company's many training modules can easily expand your placement options.

Note: You may or may not be asked to submit to the typical battery of typing and software assessments, but BE PREPARED to do so.

Otherwise, you have nothing to fear in this case. If you can prove your willingness to grow as an administrative professional, these folks are generally willing to help you. Keep in mind that temping can be a terrific "gateway" opportunity into workplaces others wait years to break into. So if you're fresh out of college: Start "low" and aim high. Build the skills necessary to a company's operations, get in some face-time and you might find yourself in the running for that next mid-level management position.

Happy Hunting!

Interview Question – No brain teasers or double-talk here. Just a direct, informational line of questioning.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2014.

Interview Details – From the first contact and throughout the process, everyone I encountered was professional and seemed to love working for the company. I was given all the information necessary to determine if the position was of interest to me, get a feel for the company culture, and was asked relevant questions to determining if I was an ideal candidate for them as well.

Interview Question – No questions were any different from what I had expected.   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk

I applied online - interviewed at Robert Half in March 2014.

Interview Details – I got an email from the recruiter and went and met the recruiter in person. The recruiter asked me to walkthrough my resume about my work experience and asked what kind of job am I expecting. He said he will send me an assessment test through email. I am waiting for my assessment test.

Interview Question – It was just a meet and to share my work experiences and to assess what kind of job do I want.   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Help Desk

Interviewed at Robert Half

Interview Details – I had to simulate a few example situations such as

Imagine a caller has trouble understanding what you are trying to explain to him. What do you do to help him understand you?

If a customer calls saying his computer won't boot, how will you troubleshoot it?

If someone finds that their Internet connectivity is down, how would you fix the problem?

Division Director Management Resources Interview

Division Director Management Resources
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half in September 2010.

Interview Details – Typically you will be meet with the Branch Manager, Regional Manager and District Director

Interview Question – They will want to gain a solid understanding of both your technical accounting abilities as well as your ability to sell to C-level executives.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation. They have a pretty standard range in which they can offer.

Bookkeeper Interview

Bookkeeper
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very professional interview process with intelligent staff members. A beautiful office suite in a high rise building downtown, with pleasant reception staff. Fantastic interview with initial contact and other firm partner.

Interview Question – Was given online tests to complete that were difficult to use based on the type of computer and method in which the test questions were posed.   View Answer