Robert Half

2.5

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in March 2014.

Interviewed with 3 different people. 3 hours. Seemed positive. First thing they told me they really liked my experience, but that they had 3 people further along in the process. Then 1 by one I was interviewed by 3 senior managers. Everyone was really nice. It went well, but they didn't hire me.

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in March 2014.

They sent me on an interview for a position with a company in Horsham. When I arrived for the interview, the HR person informed me that they were in the process of making an offer to someone else and that they'd told the Robert Half representative that the position had been filled. I called my contact at Robert Half and of course he could not explain what happened. He told me he'd "get to the bottom of it" but there never was any information or explanation as to what happened. Then after telling me that I'd hear from him every few weeks "just to check in" it was another 4 months with no contact. Even when I emailed to follow up with him and let him know how disappointed I was, he didn't reply to me email. Do not trust the Robert Half Company to help you find a job. They are totally unreliable!!

Front Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half in March 2014.

One on one interview. My recruiter asked the Questions: "what is your availability? "when do you graduate college?" "What are your job/career interest?" "What is your desired salary?" Things along those lines.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation phase was based on experience, skill set and availability.

Salaried Professional Service Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half.

Registering for an online position. If your resume reads like you know all kinds of softwares and you have experience in everything related to accounting, they will ask you if you are interested in being an SPS. It sounds great, however if you are looking for something that is consistent and mundane, than this is not the job for you.

Temp to Hire Business, Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half.

Once company received resume, they called immediately to schedule interview-by which I became excited. Upon my on-time arrival, I was asked to wait a moment for the recruiter to arrive to work. She arrived 30-40 minutes later and began to conduct the interview. Questions were not related to the position and the entire time was spent with her talking me out of working for their company and their clients. I presented her with Eagle score reviews on the assessment skills test and she still seem to scramble for a reason not to hire. I met and exceeded all expectations of professionalism as well as provided a track record of success. Being dressed appropriately, speaking well, and having great knowledge in this area-I was oblivious as to why she was determined to keep me away.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that was asked in the interview was if I was ever convicted of a felony, which I have not. She spent the first 5 minuted interrogating me about a conviction that perhaps I "forgot " about. Left me really confused. Was very unexpected and I would have preferred a more challenging question with regard to the position I was applying for. Afterwhich I answered no, over and over---she began to tell me how great the scores were but that she may not have a position (even thought they called me for the interview, bragged about several positions and how great I would be)   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Half.

Lengthy process that took place over 3 1/2 weeks. One telephone interview followed by 3 in-person interviews and a final skype interview with senior management. (interestingly, we were later taught NEVER to allow our clients to interview this way) I was referred by a friend and was treated very nicely. There seemed to be confusion as to which position I was interviewing for. (This continued for the 3 in-person interview sessions)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you can be successful as a recruiter when you have never recruited in previous positions? How does your sales background translate?   View Answer
    The initial offer and pay was far lower that discussed on the initial phone call. The OTE for year 1 were well below what I was 'sold' initially. They did increase the offer after I was going to decline.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Robert Half in February 2014.

The hiring process was long and drawn out and went very well. They like taking their time with the process to ensure that you have all the desired qualifications for the position. The interviews were in panel and individual form. I really enjoyed the hiring process and would do it again in a second!

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in February 2014.

Very professional interview process with intelligent staff members. A beautiful office suite in a high rise building downtown, with pleasant reception staff. Fantastic interview with initial contact and other firm partner.

Interview Questions
    • Was given online tests to complete that were difficult to use based on the type of computer and method in which the test questions were posed.   View Answer

Finance Manager Interview

The interview process was pleasant and informative.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have lunch with anyone alive or dead, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

another offer

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Robert Half.

I was referred by a friend to try to find work through OfficeTeam. The interview process was painless, and they have you take a work skills test on the computer (Microsoft Office knowledge). The people were friendly and polite.