Robert Half

2.5

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in November 2013.

pretty organized. do some skill test online and then have an interview. good experience !

Staffing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half.

Was pretty straight forward. I interviewed initially with the Regional Manager and then interviewed with separate Senior Staffing Managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult co-worker or customer?   Answer Question
    They start the base salary really low but tell you that you can make up for it with their bonus structure. It takes long hours to build up the bonus requirements and you really won't make too much until after a year of grinding.

Office/Administrative Temp Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Robert Half.

The interview process was great! They replied promptly to my application and were able to get me into an interview in their office promptly.

The process began with a phone interview after which they sent me a series of proficiency tests to assess my skill level with various computer programs (e.g. MS Office). During the phone interview I was scheduled for an in-person interview to discuss what types of positions I was looking for through RH.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the program skill assessments were more difficult than I had anticipated.   Answer Question

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in October 2013.

Robert Half and the stellar team of professionals work together to match your skills with the perfect position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Robert Half.

They found my resume on my school's website and contacted me about a recruiting position. They also had me interview for an admin position while I was there without any prep.

Interview Questions
    • Asking me if I was more interested in the recruiting or admin position. Didn't expect to be asked to interview for another job while I was there..   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Systems Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half in October 2013.

RH approached me on this opportunity, I made myself available, spoke to them on several occasions then, RH dropped off the radar. They never closed, thanked me for my time or say they selected someone else! they just stopped responding to my inquiries...
    Not professional.

Interview Questions
    • Did not encounter difficult questions, spoke frankly with them and went through the process with ease.   Answer Question

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in October 2013.

Applicants can browse positions and submit their resumes online at OfficeTeam.com. If your qualifications fit the current need, you will be contacted by an Account Manager:

The preliminary interview consists of a 1:1 sit down with your Account Manager, and essentially serves as a mock interview. During this meeting you will discuss your current administrative skill set, preferred work space, function and ideal placement. This is also a time for the Account Manager to evaluate your job seeker and/or interview etiquette (how you present yourself as an applicant, resume format...etc). Though relatively brief at 20-30 minutes tops, you will likely receive one or more homework assignments to maximize your "hireability" -- humbly accept these evaluations and move to correct any potential dings against you. Brushing up on Excel, removing an eye-brow ring or making use of the company's many training modules can easily expand your placement options.

Note: You may or may not be asked to submit to the typical battery of typing and software assessments, but BE PREPARED to do so.

Otherwise, you have nothing to fear in this case. If you can prove your willingness to grow as an administrative professional, these folks are generally willing to help you. Keep in mind that temping can be a terrific "gateway" opportunity into workplaces others wait years to break into. So if you're fresh out of college: Start "low" and aim high. Build the skills necessary to a company's operations, get in some face-time and you might find yourself in the running for that next mid-level management position.

Happy Hunting!

Interview Questions
    • No brain teasers or double-talk here. Just a direct, informational line of questioning.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half.

The hiring and interview process was relaxed and comfortable. Met with an amazing team. Although, they did not contact me on the date of which they claimed they would. I had to be persistent in eliciting a response.

Staffing Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Half in September 2013.

Getting an interview is fairly easy. I walked in the door as a candidate and was able to interview well concerning my financial background. If you are a good communicator and know how to confidently interview with people, it isn't hard to make the jump from "staffing candidate" to "prospective internal." I would hazard a guess that if there is an opening, once you have showed off your potential, you could just ask to be considered for an internal opening.

Interview Questions
    Base pay for most individuals within the company is somewhere in the ballpark of $40,000. Negotiate for more than that, because it will follow you for a while.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in August 2013.

Staffing agents (Miami area) are generally rude and unprofessional returning calls and emails. Interviews are mostly conducted on the phone and tell you they will call back within an hour, and they do not. Then, when you call them, they are never available. Stay focussed on your self and don't let the set downs with people that truly are incapable of helping detract your job search. If you are unemployed, looking for a job IS your full time job. Have patience with the market and with yourself. Never lose faith of your goals and don't be pressured into taking a low paying job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you married or have children? And other questions along these lines, which are illegal.   Answer Question