Robert Half Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.4

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2013.

Brief Phone interview, then face to face interview, with 1 or more person. Then Character test, and interview with Regional VP or President. Brief Phone interview, then face to face interview, with 1 or more person. Then Character test, and interview with Regional VP or President. Brief Phone interview, then face to face interview, with 1 or more person. Then Character test, and interview with Regional VP or President.

Temp to Perm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Robert Half in July 2014.

I came across an entry-level position online that I felt I could be a good fit and emailed the hiring manager. She replied to me 3 weeks later to invite me to come to her office and meet. She seems to be satisfactory with my resume and experience, and told me that she would be in touch.

Interview Questions
    • There were all basic questions about my resume. She also asked a couple of follow up questions, but nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saddle Brook, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half in June 2014.

I was called in for an interview just to get to know information about what they have to offer. The person I met with kept critisizing my resume and crossing off positions that i have held in the past while also telling me that I am asking for was outrageous and I should take a cut. no offense to him! i did my homework better than him and I am confident with what I was asking for. Of course, I ended up leaving very disapointed and he never contacted me again. It showed his level of professionalism at the end.

Interview Questions
    • He mostly kept telling me to lower my expectation rather than getting to learn more about my credentials and prior experience.   Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in March 2014.

Interviewed with 3 different people. 3 hours. Seemed positive. First thing they told me they really liked my experience, but that they had 3 people further along in the process. Then 1 by one I was interviewed by 3 senior managers. Everyone was really nice. It went well, but they didn't hire me.

Does Not Matter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Recruiter had an attidtude

Interview Questions
    They never get back to you and should be shut down

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in June 2013.

No process because place is a joke. Hiring.... They hire anyone literally anyone. They hired a drunk, idiot, another drunk, bi polar, thief, ohh mannnn this list can keep going.

I just took the offer to pay my college loan.

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in May 2013.

Got an interview from a friend who works there. Spoke with the regional manager of the branches in NYC. Really nice guy who obviously knew what he was looking for. Simple interview questions about resume and what I would like to do. Ended up not getting the position as they were looking for someone with more experience since I was a fresh outta college student.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What kind of position are you looking for?
        Answer Question

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in September 2012.

I interviewed hoping to pick up some temp work. I filled out their application online and was asked to fill out more when I arrived for the interview. I met with two young women. They seemed fairly inexperienced at interviewing candidates, asked canned questions without looking at my resume. I didn't expect much b/c it was just an interview for temporary work, but they said they would refer me to another office which handled the territory I wanted to work in (NYC).

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in September 2012.

Applied for an HR Manager posting on Robert Half on Sept 10. Received a phone call from recruiter Jaime Ditringo on Thursday, Sep 13. He wanted me to come in to meet with him on Tuesday, Sept 17 @11:00 am, before I committed myself to meet with him I asked him if the opening I applied for is still open, and he told me he is working on several opens that are nearly filled. I then emailed him telling him that I prefer to come into meet with him when he actually has an opening that is a good match for me, I don't want to spend money unnecessarily by commuting into the city.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in August 2010.

First job interview is typically a one-on-one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager. The interviewer will ask questions about the applicant's experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking in the optimal candidate for the job.
    Second interview can be a more in-depth one-on-one interview with the person you originally interviewed with or it can be a day-long interview that includes meetings with company staff. You may meet with management, staff members, executives, and other company employees.

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!