Robert Half

2.4

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Temp to Perm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half in July 2014.

I came across an entry-level position online that I felt I could be a good fit and emailed the hiring manager. She replied to me 3 weeks later to invite me to come to her office and meet. She seems to be satisfactory with my resume and experience, and told me that she would be in touch.

Interview Questions
    • There were all basic questions about my resume. She also asked a couple of follow up questions, but nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half in June 2014.

I was called in for an interview just to get to know information about what they have to offer. The person I met with kept critisizing my resume and crossing off positions that i have held in the past while also telling me that I am asking for was outrageous and I should take a cut. no offense to him! i did my homework better than him and I am confident with what I was asking for. Of course, I ended up leaving very disapointed and he never contacted me again. It showed his level of professionalism at the end.

Interview Questions
    • He mostly kept telling me to lower my expectation rather than getting to learn more about my credentials and prior experience.   Answer Question

Does Not Matter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Recruiter had an attidtude

Interview Questions
    They never get back to you and should be shut down

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in March 2014.

Interviewed with 3 different people. 3 hours. Seemed positive. First thing they told me they really liked my experience, but that they had 3 people further along in the process. Then 1 by one I was interviewed by 3 senior managers. Everyone was really nice. It went well, but they didn't hire me.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in June 2013.

No process because place is a joke. Hiring.... They hire anyone literally anyone. They hired a drunk, idiot, another drunk, bi polar, thief, ohh mannnn this list can keep going.

I just took the offer to pay my college loan.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half in May 2013.

Got an interview from a friend who works there. Spoke with the regional manager of the branches in NYC. Really nice guy who obviously knew what he was looking for. Simple interview questions about resume and what I would like to do. Ended up not getting the position as they were looking for someone with more experience since I was a fresh outta college student.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What kind of position are you looking for?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half in February 2013.

I was initially introduced to the company by a friend and current employee; she provided my resume to a Division Director with an opening and I was contacted shortly thereafter. The Division Director's conversation was rather short, not exceeding 5 minutes. I knew to emphasize my sales experience and demonstrated it to the best of my ability--in all truth my sales experience was rather limited, zero quotas or goals in prior roles and zero recruitment experience. My initial interview was with the Division Director, then Branch Manager, then other Staffing Manager in the division. The individuals I interacted with didn't really ask any challenging questions. I walked them through my resume briefly, emphasizing the different industries I'd worked in, adaptability and desire to exceed the initial requisites of each position. After completing these 3 discussions, none of which exceeded 15 minutes, I was sent to a different office uptown. In this office, I met with a resident Division Director, Branch Manager, and Regional Manager. In these discussions, I continually reiterated my capacity for promotion and advancement within each of the roles I had held thus far. I was dismissed--and made sure to issue 'thank you' emails to each individual I had met. I was approached then by the initial Division Director to attend a different interview, where I shadowed the staff at a branch. I shadowed Staffing Managers within both the recruiting and coordinating aspect of the role and the sales and business development aspect of the position. In this phase, I engaged each individual regarding the tactical strategy behind certain phone calls and conversations and inquired about navigating the software. I was then invited to a final round of screenings in which I sat down with the Regional Manager for some time to evaluate the commission structure and desired salary. I was then introduced to the Regional Director, again more conversational in nature introducing the ideology that every individual is either a client or candidate, hence an opportunity to build the business. Afterward, I had a final round of negotiation in which I achieved just 2k less than what I had initially proposed. I shook on the offer and was prompted with some paperwork including an application via email in the following week and began work the week after that.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really posited with anything challenging; during the screenings, candidates should convey confidence, effortless conversational abilities, and a desire to succeed within a structured metric.   Answer Question
    Be judicious about what you ask for; keep in mind that your commission potential is riding on the ability to earn back your base.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half in January 2013.

Brief Phone interview, then face to face interview, with 1 or more person. Then Character test, and interview with Regional VP or President. Brief Phone interview, then face to face interview, with 1 or more person. Then Character test, and interview with Regional VP or President. Brief Phone interview, then face to face interview, with 1 or more person. Then Character test, and interview with Regional VP or President.

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in September 2012.

I interviewed hoping to pick up some temp work. I filled out their application online and was asked to fill out more when I arrived for the interview. I met with two young women. They seemed fairly inexperienced at interviewing candidates, asked canned questions without looking at my resume. I didn't expect much b/c it was just an interview for temporary work, but they said they would refer me to another office which handled the territory I wanted to work in (NYC).

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in September 2012.

Applied for an HR Manager posting on Robert Half on Sept 10. Received a phone call from recruiter Jaime Ditringo on Thursday, Sep 13. He wanted me to come in to meet with him on Tuesday, Sept 17 @11:00 am, before I committed myself to meet with him I asked him if the opening I applied for is still open, and he told me he is working on several opens that are nearly filled. I then emailed him telling him that I prefer to come into meet with him when he actually has an opening that is a good match for me, I don't want to spend money unnecessarily by commuting into the city.