Robert Half

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiter

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – During the phone interview, the manager spoke about the position and asked behavioral questions. The next step was a face-to-face interview where you go over your resume and shadow an employee. They are basic interview questions. If they are interested in hiring you, the manager will give you a call.

Interview Question – General interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You have to take what is offered.

Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – I ended up being interviewed by several people at one time (almost like a board meeting). It wasn't the most comfortable scenario but I ended up being hired on the spot. When people are arguing with each other about the details of the position while their interviewing you; it should be a red flag for you to run fast.

Interview Question – What negative attributes do you have?   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Robert Half in October 2012.

Interview Details – I initially received a call from a recruiter and did a quick phone interview to review my qualifications. The recruiter was very friendly and kept in good contact with me throughout the process. She passed my information to the next person up and scheduled an interview. The interviewer was very friendly, though somewhat impersonal. She gave a very realistic job preview and clearly stated all expectations.
I opted not to continue with the interview process, since the interviewer described a somewhat different position than was originally advertised. However, everyone in the office was very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – What new ideas or special talents will you bring to the company?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The job I had originally applied for seemed to differ greatly from the job discussed in the interview.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in July 2012.

Interview Details – Responded to posting on job board and received a callback and set up an interview. Went on website and glassdoor to prepare for interview. I also prepared questions I wanted to know to see if this was a company I wanted to work for. Interviewed with potential boss, which I really enjoyed considering I did not know what type of person to expect and was liked. Met with team members, who were all really nice and actually shadowed one to see what potential day would be like. Unlike a lot of interviews where they ask questions to confuse you and set you up to fail. Very easy going, enjoyable conversation.

Interview Question – What positions does Robert Half staff for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Asked for amount and was given it.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Robert Half in June 2012.

Interview Details – Sat down with recruiter from Robert Half at job fair. Hit it off and set up a second interview with senior manager, then a full day at the office to experience what it was like. Offer followed.

Interview Question – What do you think we should worry about with your background?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was offered a better position with another company.

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Robert Half in July 2010.

Interview Details – First round was a traditional 20 minute interview one-on-one. Next round was for about an hour, maybe a little longer, and consisted of 2 different one-on-one interviews that went into more in-depth questions and "what if" scenarios." I then was taken into the bullpen where the recruiter work and one of the people who interviewed me had me run fake recruitment calls with her. She gave me the scenarios about 5 minutes ahead of time and then called me from across the room, pretending to be different clients and out me on the spot to answer all kinds of questions. It was very stressful and fast-paced! I came in one more day to observe 2 different recruiter as they worked. I assumed this many interviews was a pretty good sign, yet after the last one I never heard back. I sent a thank you email, then a follow up email, and finally called after not hearing back for weeks, and no one ever responded, even to let me know I did not recieve the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you say to a potential client who says we don't use outside recruiters?   Answer Question
  • If a potential client says they are too busy to talk to you and will try to call you back when they can, what should you do?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in April 2009.

Interview Details – although it was a "cold" environment, the people were very friendly but direct and to the point and all business. Seemed like any typical NYC interview. intially all correspondences were done via email, but after the initial contact via email, we set up a face to face. there were multiple face to face interviews in one visit with more than one employee. interview process took approximately 2 hours

Interview Questions

Boss, MO

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Robert Half in November 2009.

Interview Details – They have a lengthy interview process. You meet with the Branch Manager, Regional VP, VP, and shadow. This is all well and good to make sure you fully understand the position and what will be expected of you. The Regional VP and VP are more of character interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing was overwhelming, standard interview questions   Answer Question

Recruiter

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half in September 2011.

Interview Details – There was a 1 on 1 interview that lasted about and hour and then I was taken on a tour and shown where exactly I would be working, how their system worked and was introduced to the team. All in all it took about 3 hours. They made it seem like I had the job and then never called, returned my follow-ups or anything.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in October 2009.

Interview Details – I spoke with the interviewer over the phone and arranged for an in person interview with a brief personality test to determine the best fit. People were great but had called me in for a position that was too junior for my background. They determined in the interview that I was overqualified for the role. I would have preferred that they had been more forthcoming about the position. My feeling is that they get points for bringing as many potential candidates in as possible for the "interview".

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were overwhelmed with work and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Position was too junior for me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Robert Half

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!

Robert Half Videos

Robert Half – Why Work for Us?

Robert Half is a leader in professional staffing services, and when you join our company, you'll be part of the best team in the business. What makes us different? For one thing, Robert Half is the most respected firm… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Robert Half Recruiter interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Robert Half employees and interview candidates.