Robert Half Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Initially pleasant, I had a phone interview and then was called back for three more separate interviews where I met with various managers and finally shadowed someone recruiting. I was basically told I had the job since the Director of the company met and liked me and recommended my hiring. I was then, as a final step, asked to complete a timed assessment which had me answer multiple choice questions relating to my personality and analytical skills.
I then did not hear back from anyone at the company. I emailed one of the women I interviewed with, she finally emailed me back today and told me I was no longer under consideration because of the results of this "Assessment" when it was never mentioned previously. They will waste your time and are not considerate of other people. I also got in trouble for missing so much work coming back to interview 3 times with them. Absolutely would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job? What are your weaknesses and strenghts?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very professional yet laid back at the same time. I didn't feel pressured in any way. Basically, they wanted to know a little about my past work experiences. They also wanted to know why I wanted to be a recruiter. They asked me to describe some leadership experiences.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Half (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had 3 interviews over a period of a week an a half, one of them was a "shadowing" of a manager doing the position I applied for. I spoke with 7 different people over the time period. They were really on top of it during that time, but after the shadow session, I never heard from them again. I was sure I got the job too.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, mainly my career goals, what I wanted out of a career, my interests, etc.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I was called in by Recruiter. Met several people. No results yet. They were all friendly and professional. Nice office, busy office. Lots of candidates coming and going. Met several people who have been there a long time. Met Managers in different departments.

Interview Questions

• How much did you make in best year? General questions I expected to answer. Good experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy... lots of room for negotiation.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

The initial process was very pleasant. They were very professional and they answered all of my questions. The interviewer was very friendly. She asked tough questions buy nothing out of the ordinary.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

During the phone interview, the manager spoke about the position and asked behavioral questions. The next step was a face-to-face interview where you go over your resume and shadow an employee. They are basic interview questions. If they are interested in hiring you, the manager will give you a call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You have to take what is offered.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

I ended up being interviewed by several people at one time (almost like a board meeting). It wasn't the most comfortable scenario but I ended up being hired on the spot. When people are arguing with each other about the details of the position while their interviewing you; it should be a red flag for you to run fast.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Responded to posting on job board and received a callback and set up an interview. Went on website and glassdoor to prepare for interview. I also prepared questions I wanted to know to see if this was a company I wanted to work for. Interviewed with potential boss, which I really enjoyed considering I did not know what type of person to expect and was liked. Met with team members, who were all really nice and actually shadowed one to see what potential day would be like. Unlike a lot of interviews where they ask questions to confuse you and set you up to fail. Very easy going, enjoyable conversation.

Interview Questions

• What positions does Robert Half staff for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked for amount and was given it.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Half (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

Sat down with recruiter from Robert Half at job fair. Hit it off and set up a second interview with senior manager, then a full day at the office to experience what it was like. Offer followed.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we should worry about with your background?   Answer Question

Was offered a better position with another company.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Robert Half (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

First round was a traditional 20 minute interview one-on-one. Next round was for about an hour, maybe a little longer, and consisted of 2 different one-on-one interviews that went into more in-depth questions and "what if" scenarios." I then was taken into the bullpen where the recruiter work and one of the people who interviewed me had me run fake recruitment calls with her. She gave me the scenarios about 5 minutes ahead of time and then called me from across the room, pretending to be different clients and out me on the spot to answer all kinds of questions. It was very stressful and fast-paced! I came in one more day to observe 2 different recruiter as they worked. I assumed this many interviews was a pretty good sign, yet after the last one I never heard back. I sent a thank you email, then a follow up email, and finally called after not hearing back for weeks, and no one ever responded, even to let me know I did not recieve the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you say to a potential client who says we don't use outside recruiters?   Answer Question
    • If a potential client says they are too busy to talk to you and will try to call you back when they can, what should you do?   1 Answer