Robert Half

Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.8

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruiter Interview

The initial process was very pleasant. They were very professional and they answered all of my questions. The interviewer was very friendly. She asked tough questions buy nothing out of the ordinary.

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half.

During the phone interview, the manager spoke about the position and asked behavioral questions. The next step was a face-to-face interview where you go over your resume and shadow an employee. They are basic interview questions. If they are interested in hiring you, the manager will give you a call.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. You have to take what is offered.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Robert Half.

I ended up being interviewed by several people at one time (almost like a board meeting). It wasn't the most comfortable scenario but I ended up being hired on the spot. When people are arguing with each other about the details of the position while their interviewing you; it should be a red flag for you to run fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Half in July 2012.

Responded to posting on job board and received a callback and set up an interview. Went on website and glassdoor to prepare for interview. I also prepared questions I wanted to know to see if this was a company I wanted to work for. Interviewed with potential boss, which I really enjoyed considering I did not know what type of person to expect and was liked. Met with team members, who were all really nice and actually shadowed one to see what potential day would be like. Unlike a lot of interviews where they ask questions to confuse you and set you up to fail. Very easy going, enjoyable conversation.

Interview Questions
    • What positions does Robert Half staff for?   View Answer
    Asked for amount and was given it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Half in June 2012.

Sat down with recruiter from Robert Half at job fair. Hit it off and set up a second interview with senior manager, then a full day at the office to experience what it was like. Offer followed.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think we should worry about with your background?   Answer Question

Was offered a better position with another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in July 2010.

First round was a traditional 20 minute interview one-on-one. Next round was for about an hour, maybe a little longer, and consisted of 2 different one-on-one interviews that went into more in-depth questions and "what if" scenarios." I then was taken into the bullpen where the recruiter work and one of the people who interviewed me had me run fake recruitment calls with her. She gave me the scenarios about 5 minutes ahead of time and then called me from across the room, pretending to be different clients and out me on the spot to answer all kinds of questions. It was very stressful and fast-paced! I came in one more day to observe 2 different recruiter as they worked. I assumed this many interviews was a pretty good sign, yet after the last one I never heard back. I sent a thank you email, then a follow up email, and finally called after not hearing back for weeks, and no one ever responded, even to let me know I did not recieve the position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you say to a potential client who says we don't use outside recruiters?   Answer Question
    • If a potential client says they are too busy to talk to you and will try to call you back when they can, what should you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boss, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boss, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in November 2009.

They have a lengthy interview process. You meet with the Branch Manager, Regional VP, VP, and shadow. This is all well and good to make sure you fully understand the position and what will be expected of you. The Regional VP and VP are more of character interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was overwhelming, standard interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in April 2009.

although it was a "cold" environment, the people were very friendly but direct and to the point and all business. Seemed like any typical NYC interview. intially all correspondences were done via email, but after the initial contact via email, we set up a face to face. there were multiple face to face interviews in one visit with more than one employee. interview process took approximately 2 hours

Recruiter Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half in September 2011.

There was a 1 on 1 interview that lasted about and hour and then I was taken on a tour and shown where exactly I would be working, how their system worked and was introduced to the team. All in all it took about 3 hours. They made it seem like I had the job and then never called, returned my follow-ups or anything.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half in June 2010.

Everything happend pretty quickly. Got a call the day after applying online, back to back interviews and offer was made within a week. Get ready because the interview is fast paced and you have to think on your feet. Its definitely not for the indecisive type. They want determined, high energy and sales oriented people.

Interview Questions
    • The questions basically revolved around various types of technologies that are used in the industry.   View Answer