Robert Half Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half in May 2015.

Interview

Very quick - My resume was submitted for the recruiting position, and within weeks I had done 2 phone interviews.
They were aggressive with hiring me due to my field expertise and the thought that I could help place other people within my field. The hiring manager indicated that my field was a hiring weakness they had in their area.

Interview Questions

• Did I play sports -
    Robert Half, as well as most recruiting companies like aggressive salesman - ex athletes

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Initially pleasant, I had a phone interview and then was called back for three more separate interviews where I met with various managers and finally shadowed someone recruiting. I was basically told I had the job since the Director of the company met and liked me and recommended my hiring. I was then, as a final step, asked to complete a timed assessment which had me answer multiple choice questions relating to my personality and analytical skills.
    I then did not hear back from anyone at the company. I emailed one of the women I interviewed with, she finally emailed me back today and told me I was no longer under consideration because of the results of this "Assessment" when it was never mentioned previously. They will waste your time and are not considerate of other people. I also got in trouble for missing so much work coming back to interview 3 times with them. Absolutely would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job? What are your weaknesses and strenghts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

There was 1 phone interview and 4 face to face interviews. There are many people you meet with, they don't really seem to talk to each other, so you end up repeating yourself a lot. Because there are so many people involved in the process, you are not only given different info but a lot of it is conflicting information. One person extended me an offer and another withdrew it.

Interview Questions

• The interview was mostly about past experiences and ability to sales goals. There are many people you meet with, they don't really seem to talk to each other, so you end up repeating yourself a lot. Because there are so many people involved in the process, you are not only given different info but a lot of it is conflicting information. One person extended me an offer and another withdrew it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very professional yet laid back at the same time. I didn't feel pressured in any way. Basically, they wanted to know a little about my past work experiences. They also wanted to know why I wanted to be a recruiter. They asked me to describe some leadership experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Half (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had 3 interviews over a period of a week an a half, one of them was a "shadowing" of a manager doing the position I applied for. I spoke with 7 different people over the time period. They were really on top of it during that time, but after the shadow session, I never heard from them again. I was sure I got the job too.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, mainly my career goals, what I wanted out of a career, my interests, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I was called in by Recruiter. Met several people. No results yet. They were all friendly and professional. Nice office, busy office. Lots of candidates coming and going. Met several people who have been there a long time. Met Managers in different departments.

Interview Questions

• How much did you make in best year? General questions I expected to answer. Good experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy... lots of room for negotiation.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

The initial process was very pleasant. They were very professional and they answered all of my questions. The interviewer was very friendly. She asked tough questions buy nothing out of the ordinary.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

During the phone interview, the manager spoke about the position and asked behavioral questions. The next step was a face-to-face interview where you go over your resume and shadow an employee. They are basic interview questions. If they are interested in hiring you, the manager will give you a call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You have to take what is offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I had to go in twice to interview. The first time I met with the sales Division Director and the Lead Recruiter. The second time I met with the Regional Manager and the recruiting Division Director. I know someone who worked there, so they an a bit of background information on me. I felt I could be myself and they wanted to make sure I would be a fit for the environment there and they wanted me to know the difficult parts of the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you going to be fine with a job coming at 5pm on Friday for 9am Monday and work to stay there and staff the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a basic overview of my work history with the hiring manager, followed by a quick shadowing session with an active recruiter. After the shadowing process, they let me go and said they would be in touch. I got a call two days later asking me if I would accept an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into recruiting   1 Answer