Robert Half Recruiting Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was expedited because I had a few offers on the table. The first day I spent 4 hours and interviewed with 6 people. Very standard questions simply asking about my experience and why I would be a good addition to RH. Everyone was very friendly, honest, and upfront with me. I was taken into the back to meet several people from the team, ask them questions, and see what it would be like to work for RH. The next day I came in again for 3 hours. I interviewed through Skype with the Regional VP and then interviewed with 3 more individuals. On the 3rd day I Skyped from home with the President of RH. Within 2 days I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good asset for our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. We had discussed money in the beginning and were on the same page for where I wanted to be at. Offer letter came in the mail, so it was set in stone.

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Troy, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for a Recruiting Manager position. First interviewed with a supervisor followed by a branch manager the following week. I was told that I did not get the position after doing an assessment online. I was supposed to meet with the regional manager but I didn't meet their assessment testing requirements.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in recruiting over all other available positions?   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Had three interviews over three weeks with supervisors and team. Very upfront, open, informative. Provided excellent description of work required, including shadow opportunity. Felt comfortable that I knew what the job entailed.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Hiring and Interview process is very intense! You will meet with at least 5 people! And they will give it to you straight with regards to the hard work!

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will make a successful Recruiting Manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very low base, but potential to make lots of money from commissions!

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

The interview process was extremely fast. I was called by a recruiter (on a Friday) after applying online. I did a short informal interview with the recruiter, set up the 1st face to face for the next week (Tuesday). The first face to face was great. We discussed (in detail) each position I had, then the interviewer went over the 3 positions they were hiring for (in detail). She immediately set me up with another interview for that Thursday with her boss. That interview was similar to the first. . .going over each job, why I am looking to leave my current position, etc. However, this interview went into more details about the pay structure, bonuses, etc. He also showed me around the building before we finished and offered to set up my 3rd (skype) interview with his boss as early as the next day (Friday). I agreed, did a skype interview with the Regional Dir. which was the toughest interview. Very fast paced, lots of intense questions regarding my past work experience and my expectations with the new job. The recruiter was great because without realizing it, she had actually prepared me for this last interview. After the last interview, he told me to get back in touch with the person I first interviewed with by Monday. Tuesday, I had an offer. So it was a very fast process, they didn't make you wait a long period of time in between interviews or offering me the position. Great interview process!

Interview Questions

• "What is C sharp" was the toughest most unexpected question because I did not have any experience in the "technology world" "How do you feel that you have zero knowledge of IT" was another tough question, but I was prepared for it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate since they started my base salary where I W2'd the year before. Throughout the process, they were very open about money and I knew it was a good fit (financially) from the first interview with the recruiter.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Usually meet with about 5 division directors- accounttemps, permanent, office team etc... Will take you back for a 2nd round. I actually met the district president in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• they asked a lot about what i was billing currently in my job and why i wasn't billing more   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy- I was desperate for a job!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initially recruited during interview for regular permanent job. For internal positions, there can be up to 7 or 8 interviews, including multi-hour sit-in style. Lots of role-playing. Sometimes can be sent to interview at other branches/locations, which can double the number of interviews. Takes up to several weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Role-playing how to meet the needs of a client asking for support for their SEC reporting function.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base salary is negligible, uncapped commission structure is the only sell. Really nothing to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied to Robert Half International through monster.com and received a call from their internal recruiter about a week or two later. Their recruiter was very thorough in detailing the job and he was extremely helpful when describing the company culture and workplace environment. We went through my experience and he decided to bring me in to for an in person interview with the team. When I got there, he spent a good hour prepping me for the interview and took good care of explaining how the job works. I learned that it would be a sales job as well. I then met the directors of two teams who both went through my experience and walked me through what their divisions did. They then brought in their top performers from each team to speak with me, I'm guessing at that point it was to feel out my personality and for me to ask them any questions I would have about the job and their time there. Finally, it was time to meet the VP and he was the only one who asked immensely technical questions and was more so concerned about what I got my degree in and my long term focus. All in all it was a good experience. I did not receive an offer but the recruiter was nice enough to call me and give me feedback, he did tell me ultimately that they had more candidates with sales experience so he would keep in touch if he had other openings and told me to keep them in the loop with my status. They were very professional and it was a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

Very intense interview. I was constantly asked if I felt this was the right job faryReview.healthBenefitList=2

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Northbrook, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

Interview process was very quick. Conducted a phone interview, then a face to face interview with the regional director. I was offered the job on the spot, in a very used car salesman style. I should have known at that point what my employment was going to be like. They try to be professional, but behind the scenes, they are vicious and only care about meeting unattainable daily/weekly targets.