Robert Half

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview process is very intense! You will meet with at least 5 people! And they will give it to you straight with regards to the hard work!

Interview Question – Why do you think you will make a successful Recruiting Manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very low base, but potential to make lots of money from commissions!

Recruiting Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely fast. I was called by a recruiter (on a Friday) after applying online. I did a short informal interview with the recruiter, set up the 1st face to face for the next week (Tuesday). The first face to face was great. We discussed (in detail) each position I had, then the interviewer went over the 3 positions they were hiring for (in detail). She immediately set me up with another interview for that Thursday with her boss. That interview was similar to the first. . .going over each job, why I am looking to leave my current position, etc. However, this interview went into more details about the pay structure, bonuses, etc. He also showed me around the building before we finished and offered to set up my 3rd (skype) interview with his boss as early as the next day (Friday). I agreed, did a skype interview with the Regional Dir. which was the toughest interview. Very fast paced, lots of intense questions regarding my past work experience and my expectations with the new job. The recruiter was great because without realizing it, she had actually prepared me for this last interview. After the last interview, he told me to get back in touch with the person I first interviewed with by Monday. Tuesday, I had an offer. So it was a very fast process, they didn't make you wait a long period of time in between interviews or offering me the position. Great interview process!

Interview Question – "What is C sharp" was the toughest most unexpected question because I did not have any experience in the "technology world"

"How do you feel that you have zero knowledge of IT" was another tough question, but I was prepared for it.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no need to negotiate since they started my base salary where I W2'd the year before. Throughout the process, they were very open about money and I knew it was a good fit (financially) from the first interview with the recruiter.

Recruiting Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – Usually meet with about 5 division directors- accounttemps, permanent, office team etc...
Will take you back for a 2nd round. I actually met the district president in the interviews.

Interview Question – they asked a lot about what i was billing currently in my job and why i wasn't billing more   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy- I was desperate for a job!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – Initially recruited during interview for regular permanent job. For internal positions, there can be up to 7 or 8 interviews, including multi-hour sit-in style. Lots of role-playing. Sometimes can be sent to interview at other branches/locations, which can double the number of interviews. Takes up to several weeks to complete.

Interview Question – Role-playing how to meet the needs of a client asking for support for their SEC reporting function.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base salary is negligible, uncapped commission structure is the only sell. Really nothing to negotiate.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to Robert Half International through monster.com and received a call from their internal recruiter about a week or two later. Their recruiter was very thorough in detailing the job and he was extremely helpful when describing the company culture and workplace environment. We went through my experience and he decided to bring me in to for an in person interview with the team. When I got there, he spent a good hour prepping me for the interview and took good care of explaining how the job works. I learned that it would be a sales job as well. I then met the directors of two teams who both went through my experience and walked me through what their divisions did. They then brought in their top performers from each team to speak with me, I'm guessing at that point it was to feel out my personality and for me to ask them any questions I would have about the job and their time there. Finally, it was time to meet the VP and he was the only one who asked immensely technical questions and was more so concerned about what I got my degree in and my long term focus. All in all it was a good experience. I did not receive an offer but the recruiter was nice enough to call me and give me feedback, he did tell me ultimately that they had more candidates with sales experience so he would keep in touch if he had other openings and told me to keep them in the loop with my status. They were very professional and it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Northbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Robert Half in April 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was very quick. Conducted a phone interview, then a face to face interview with the regional director. I was offered the job on the spot, in a very used car salesman style. I should have known at that point what my employment was going to be like. They try to be professional, but behind the scenes, they are vicious and only care about meeting unattainable daily/weekly targets.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in December 2009.

Interview Details – Very intense interview. I was constantly asked if I felt this was the right job faryReview.healthBenefitList=2

Interview Question – Can you handle rejection well?   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Robert Half in June 2009.

Interview Details – Met with local recruiter who then introduced me to local management. Then was introduced to local recruiters who would be peers. Decision is by committee - did everyon like you? did you have the look of an RHI recruiter? did they think you could add value? Nothing was asked about prior experience.

Interview Question – Most unexpected was not asking about past employment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none it is all, 100% commision paid.

Recruiting Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half in July 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was a 1:1 interview with branch manager. Asked basic questions about resume and career interests. I got a call back and was asked to interview with a director. Again basic questions about my past experiences and my career goals. Have not received a call back yet.

Interview Question – All basic questions about your resume and background.   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2008.

Interview Details – It was a long interview process, a lot of time meeting different offices, meeting with people. Didn't seem like a bad place to work, but had cues from employees that were concerned about coworkers stealing prospects. Sat with a few sales people, not a busy office, but that's the individual not the company, sensed good money if you do the business right. Looked like mgmt didn't like the hard sale, which is good, didn't appear to treat clients like cattle.

The industry is tough though, HR sales aren't like commodities. If you want the job hard enough, follow up right after the interview, send thank you letter, call regularly, show your marketing skills. my heart wasn't in it and I got a better gig (for me).

Interview Question – Why do you want to change careers?   View Answer

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!