Robert Half Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Robert Half (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Not a very tough one, The staffing manager need not be a tech savvy or domain oriented person. The interview mainly will be consist of resume review and soft skill assesment

Senior PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Standard interview process. Writing test required. First interview with the direct manager who asked standard interview questions. Second interview with the SVP who asked about my abilities to perform the job and how my background related to the position. Third interview with the executive director who told me about his expectations and goals for the position.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about previous experience and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was made, I countered for more and we settled in the middle.

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Half (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Pretty laid back interview. No white board. I'm interviewing with an agency here. So, I know a bit more about the work than they do. The interviews that matter more are the ones with the employers. I was sent on an interview with Eveo.com, where I met with the CTO, and a couple of lead developers there. We discussed my experience and their needs. They didn't particularly grill me on any specific points in my knowledge base, so it wasn't too grueling. I worked there for about 1 3/4 months on a couple of projects, finished them up and they didn't have need any more at the moment. It's the nature of contracting for them that they hire on contractors for projects when they can bill a specific client for them. When they can't bill for the time, there's no work.

Interview Questions

• Be honest about your experience and technical abilities and you won't have any trouble.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation all happened between me and Robert Half recruiter, what small bit there was. There was a misunderstanding where the recruiter came back with an offer that did not coincide with our verbally agreed-upon amount. It was lower. I reminded her, and after a brief period, she called back and conceded to pay the initially agreed-upon amount. It's worthwhile when working with recruiters to have all negotiations up front, because after the employer commits to having you on board, there is no negotiation.

Recruiting/Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Robert Half (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Wow.. this place is simply horrible. I arrived at their office on time, only to realize that the receptionist (who had an attitude and acted as if he was the boss of the office) didn't know I was coming or whom I was meeting with. Then 15 mins later, someone else in the office realized the person I was initially supposed to meet with handed over to someone else, who was running late. Then 30 mins later, the person came in and seemed really unprepared. She then went over my resume and asked me some questions and the next thing she talked about was the pay and how the positions I was looking for do not pay much. I agree with the other comments saying how greedy these people are. They rip you off with high markups. Even more, they don't care about your preferences/interests. They try to put you on any assignment so you can start making them money. I said I preferred the IT industry and a few days later, they got back to me with an opening at a mental treatment institute. The two keywords that best describe them are "greedy" and "unprofessional".

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Hiring and Interview process is very intense! You will meet with at least 5 people! And they will give it to you straight with regards to the hard work!

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will make a successful Recruiting Manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very low base, but potential to make lots of money from commissions!

Snr BSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

HR is not very friendly and slow to respond. They dont keep you aware of what is going on with the interview. Interview schedules are scattered everyone. No concise behavior

Interview Questions

• Asked questions around knowledge of microsoft applications .. this is a senior level job correct?   Answer Question

SharePoint Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Half (San Ramon, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a Face-to-Face interview. It was a series of three interviews back to back. The interview process was very positive, and the team and management head were quite professional and polite. They made me feel easy and comfortable and answered many of my questions as well. The workplace is awesome and has a very constructive ambiance to it.

Interview Questions

• Life cycle of a page and how to improve its performance while its in the SharePoint Environment.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Robert Half (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

I got the job lead through a recruiter, for a marketing position in their headquarters. They moved very fast, which was nice. Two of the people I interviewed with were great, but one just stared at me like a dead fish. My background was not the best fit for what they were looking for, but unfortunately the recruiter didn't really have a handle on what they needed, resulting in some time wasted on all sides.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions...how do you approach a project, etc.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process consists of an initial phone call assessment and is followed up with a face to face interview. Candidates also meet several other office members. I decided not to pursue this position because the pay is low for a high-stress job. RH is all about numbers. I felt that working there would feel like being a rodent in a hamster wheel. It is apparent that the recruiters are over-worked and lack attention to detail. They get low wages and earn bonuses for volume. Ultimately, this was not the position for me. However, if you come from a sales background, you might find this fitting.

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Robert Half (Oakland, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applicants can browse positions and submit their resumes online at OfficeTeam.com. If your qualifications fit the current need, you will be contacted by an Account Manager: The preliminary interview consists of a 1:1 sit down with your Account Manager, and essentially serves as a mock interview. During this meeting you will discuss your current administrative skill set, preferred work space, function and ideal placement. This is also a time for the Account Manager to evaluate your job seeker and/or interview etiquette (how you present yourself as an applicant, resume format...etc). Though relatively brief at 20-30 minutes tops, you will likely receive one or more homework assignments to maximize your "hireability" -- humbly accept these evaluations and move to correct any potential dings against you. Brushing up on Excel, removing an eye-brow ring or making use of the company's many training modules can easily expand your placement options. Note: You may or may not be asked to submit to the typical battery of typing and software assessments, but BE PREPARED to do so. Otherwise, you have nothing to fear in this case. If you can prove your willingness to grow as an administrative professional, these folks are generally willing to help you. Keep in mind that temping can be a terrific "gateway" opportunity into workplaces others wait years to break into. So if you're fresh out of college: Start "low" and aim high. Build the skills necessary to a company's operations, get in some face-time and you might find yourself in the running for that next mid-level management position. Happy Hunting!

Interview Questions

• No brain teasers or double-talk here. Just a direct, informational line of questioning.   Answer Question