Robert Half

2.7

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in March 2014.

Interviewed with 3 different people. 3 hours. Seemed positive. First thing they told me they really liked my experience, but that they had 3 people further along in the process. Then 1 by one I was interviewed by 3 senior managers. Everyone was really nice. It went well, but they didn't hire me.

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Staffing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half.

Was pretty straight forward. I interviewed initially with the Regional Manager and then interviewed with separate Senior Staffing Managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult co-worker or customer?   Answer Question
    They start the base salary really low but tell you that you can make up for it with their bonus structure. It takes long hours to build up the bonus requirements and you really won't make too much until after a year of grinding.

Staffing Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Half in September 2013.

Getting an interview is fairly easy. I walked in the door as a candidate and was able to interview well concerning my financial background. If you are a good communicator and know how to confidently interview with people, it isn't hard to make the jump from "staffing candidate" to "prospective internal." I would hazard a guess that if there is an opening, once you have showed off your potential, you could just ask to be considered for an internal opening.

Interview Questions
    Base pay for most individuals within the company is somewhere in the ballpark of $40,000. Negotiate for more than that, because it will follow you for a while.

Staffing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half.

Motivators must be money, success, and recognition.

Interview Questions
    Base salaries are set, not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half in May 2013.

Got an interview from a friend who works there. Spoke with the regional manager of the branches in NYC. Really nice guy who obviously knew what he was looking for. Simple interview questions about resume and what I would like to do. Ended up not getting the position as they were looking for someone with more experience since I was a fresh outta college student.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What kind of position are you looking for?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half.

normal interview process, 2-3 interviews with different levels of management.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. RHI wants to make sure that you are comfortbale working in a sales environment and can talk with clients on the phone and in person.   View Answer

Staffing Manager Interview

I was called for different position but offered staffing manager position on site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in February 2013.

I was recently laid off and wanted to work a temp position while I looked for something permanent. In my registration interview, I was recruited for a Staffing Manager position. The person interviewing me went to get the Branch Manager who spoke to me for a few minutes and asked me to come back for another interview to speak with the Regional Manager and the Regional VP. In the interview with the RM, I pretty much just listened to her speak about how wonderful she is and how successful she is. The regional VP asked me questions about my resume and what I did at each job. Tried to throw me some "tough" questions that every college career counselor coaches you on how to answer. Overall, their decision was made before I even interviewed. I've heard other's interviews were much the same.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. It was more an information session about how amazing the interviewer thought she was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half in February 2013.

I was initially introduced to the company by a friend and current employee; she provided my resume to a Division Director with an opening and I was contacted shortly thereafter. The Division Director's conversation was rather short, not exceeding 5 minutes. I knew to emphasize my sales experience and demonstrated it to the best of my ability--in all truth my sales experience was rather limited, zero quotas or goals in prior roles and zero recruitment experience. My initial interview was with the Division Director, then Branch Manager, then other Staffing Manager in the division. The individuals I interacted with didn't really ask any challenging questions. I walked them through my resume briefly, emphasizing the different industries I'd worked in, adaptability and desire to exceed the initial requisites of each position. After completing these 3 discussions, none of which exceeded 15 minutes, I was sent to a different office uptown. In this office, I met with a resident Division Director, Branch Manager, and Regional Manager. In these discussions, I continually reiterated my capacity for promotion and advancement within each of the roles I had held thus far. I was dismissed--and made sure to issue 'thank you' emails to each individual I had met. I was approached then by the initial Division Director to attend a different interview, where I shadowed the staff at a branch. I shadowed Staffing Managers within both the recruiting and coordinating aspect of the role and the sales and business development aspect of the position. In this phase, I engaged each individual regarding the tactical strategy behind certain phone calls and conversations and inquired about navigating the software. I was then invited to a final round of screenings in which I sat down with the Regional Manager for some time to evaluate the commission structure and desired salary. I was then introduced to the Regional Director, again more conversational in nature introducing the ideology that every individual is either a client or candidate, hence an opportunity to build the business. Afterward, I had a final round of negotiation in which I achieved just 2k less than what I had initially proposed. I shook on the offer and was prompted with some paperwork including an application via email in the following week and began work the week after that.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really posited with anything challenging; during the screenings, candidates should convey confidence, effortless conversational abilities, and a desire to succeed within a structured metric.   Answer Question
    Be judicious about what you ask for; keep in mind that your commission potential is riding on the ability to earn back your base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half in January 2013.

Extensive, I had 5 interviews. Although most people I have spoken to stated eight interviews conducted before they were hired. I met with the Division Director three times, the Branch Manager once, and the Regional Manager once. I had to do the follow-up after the interviews to get scheduled for an additional interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions not difficult, it was more of repeating the same interview to multiple supervisors.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, take it or leave it for salary.