Robert Half Staffing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half (Akron, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about the open position. We set up an interview for a few days later. I went in for the interview. Basic questions like about your background, why you are looking to change jobs, etc. The recruiter was very friendly, but overall it was a negative experience. They told me starting salary is around $30,000.. not sure where the other salary averages on here came from. I have a bachelors degree and previous experience and it was a firm $30,000, with $35,000 being the very highest starting salary. They dangle paid time off, good benefits, and "ability to make commission" in front of you, to make up for the 10-12 hour days and poor starting salary. STAY AWAY unless you want to work 7:30-6 everyday and make about $10-12/ hour. Also, it is very sales and results based. If you do not deliver the results and sell to clients, you are gone. The person who interviewed me even said it takes about 6 months to see any commission and that they have a very high turn over rate for this position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why did you leave (specific position)?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Staffing Manager Interview

Interview

pleasant; friendly staff members; very informative; will provide job shadowing to further get inside of what the job really entails; will make it comfortable as possible; will speak to other staff members as well- to see overall chemistry with everyone

Interview Questions

• there was not one difficult questions; just a conversation- really just personality based   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Robert Half (Hauppauge, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. 3 hours. Seemed positive. First thing they told me they really liked my experience, but that they had 3 people further along in the process. Then 1 by one I was interviewed by 3 senior managers. Everyone was really nice. It went well, but they didn't hire me.

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Was pretty straight forward. I interviewed initially with the Regional Manager and then interviewed with separate Senior Staffing Managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult co-worker or customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They start the base salary really low but tell you that you can make up for it with their bonus structure. It takes long hours to build up the bonus requirements and you really won't make too much until after a year of grinding.

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Half in September 2013.

Interview

Getting an interview is fairly easy. I walked in the door as a candidate and was able to interview well concerning my financial background. If you are a good communicator and know how to confidently interview with people, it isn't hard to make the jump from "staffing candidate" to "prospective internal." I would hazard a guess that if there is an opening, once you have showed off your potential, you could just ask to be considered for an internal opening.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about cold-calling?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Base pay for most individuals within the company is somewhere in the ballpark of $40,000. Negotiate for more than that, because it will follow you for a while.

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Motivators must be money, success, and recognition.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Base salaries are set, not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Got an interview from a friend who works there. Spoke with the regional manager of the branches in NYC. Really nice guy who obviously knew what he was looking for. Simple interview questions about resume and what I would like to do. Ended up not getting the position as they were looking for someone with more experience since I was a fresh outta college student.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What kind of position are you looking for?

Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in May 2013.

Interview

Quick and brief. They ask mostly about how you would like sales. Recently they started giving sales assessments. Make sure you are confident and research the company. You also get to shadow the team and negotiate your salary. Be sure to dress professionally.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

normal interview process, 2-3 interviews with different levels of management.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. RHI wants to make sure that you are comfortbale working in a sales environment and can talk with clients on the phone and in person.   1 Answer

Staffing Manager Interview

Interview

I was called for different position but offered staffing manager position on site.