Robert Half Staffing Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

29 interviews

2.7

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Staffing Manager Interview

interviewed at Robert Half in January 2013.

They do their due diligence. Process takes a few weeks. Includes a few interviews, background check, including education, they will call your college or school. They will prepare an official offer as any large company will do. They will email you all the necessary forms to fill out and send back, pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
  • Today hiring decisions are made on personality and soft skills more than anything. My interview was fairly standard.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2013.

Extensive, I had 5 interviews. Although most people I have spoken to stated eight interviews conducted before they were hired. I met with the Division Director three times, the Branch Manager once, and the Regional Manager once. I had to do the follow-up after the interviews to get scheduled for an additional interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions not difficult, it was more of repeating the same interview to multiple supervisors.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, take it or leave it for salary.

Anonymous Employee  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in March 2014.

Interviewed with 3 different people. 3 hours. Seemed positive. First thing they told me they really liked my experience, but that they had 3 people further along in the process. Then 1 by one I was interviewed by 3 senior managers. Everyone was really nice. It went well, but they didn't hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2011.

Several interviews required with different levels of management at different times. Managers try to feel out your personality, presence, appearance, ability to sell and overcome obstacles with ease, competitiveness and proven track record in something whether at be at school or volunteer work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you would like to work Robert Half   View Answer
    No negotiation. Compensation place is the same for anyone. Performance based company.

Staffing Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Robert Half in September 2013.

Getting an interview is fairly easy. I walked in the door as a candidate and was able to interview well concerning my financial background. If you are a good communicator and know how to confidently interview with people, it isn't hard to make the jump from "staffing candidate" to "prospective internal." I would hazard a guess that if there is an opening, once you have showed off your potential, you could just ask to be considered for an internal opening.

Interview Questions
    Base pay for most individuals within the company is somewhere in the ballpark of $40,000. Negotiate for more than that, because it will follow you for a while.

Staffing Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

Was pretty straight forward. I interviewed initially with the Regional Manager and then interviewed with separate Senior Staffing Managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult co-worker or customer?   Answer Question
    They start the base salary really low but tell you that you can make up for it with their bonus structure. It takes long hours to build up the bonus requirements and you really won't make too much until after a year of grinding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Robert Half in February 2013.

I was recently laid off and wanted to work a temp position while I looked for something permanent. In my registration interview, I was recruited for a Staffing Manager position. The person interviewing me went to get the Branch Manager who spoke to me for a few minutes and asked me to come back for another interview to speak with the Regional Manager and the Regional VP. In the interview with the RM, I pretty much just listened to her speak about how wonderful she is and how successful she is. The regional VP asked me questions about my resume and what I did at each job. Tried to throw me some "tough" questions that every college career counselor coaches you on how to answer. Overall, their decision was made before I even interviewed. I've heard other's interviews were much the same.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. It was more an information session about how amazing the interviewer thought she was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Robert Half in November 2011.

They originally thought I was coming in as a potential candidate for placement with one of their clients. I was interviewed promptly with their Division Direct and was explained the position in a very positive light and how financially rewarding it would be. Pretty much had the job in the bag!

They give you the option between 30,000 and 35,000 annual salary. After 15 months you go to a pay back model where you have to earn enough in commissions to pay back your annual salary and whatever is left you get, although they do pay you your salary every month...and they take it back out of your monthly commissions.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in May 2013.

Got an interview from a friend who works there. Spoke with the regional manager of the branches in NYC. Really nice guy who obviously knew what he was looking for. Simple interview questions about resume and what I would like to do. Ended up not getting the position as they were looking for someone with more experience since I was a fresh outta college student.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What kind of position are you looking for?
        Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half.

Motivators must be money, success, and recognition.

Interview Questions
    Base salaries are set, not much room for negotiation.

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!