Robert Half

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stockton, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2013.

Interview Details – Extensive, I had 5 interviews. Although most people I have spoken to stated eight interviews conducted before they were hired. I met with the Division Director three times, the Branch Manager once, and the Regional Manager once. I had to do the follow-up after the interviews to get scheduled for an additional interview.

Interview Question – Questions not difficult, it was more of repeating the same interview to multiple supervisors.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave it for salary.

Hauppauge, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 different people. 3 hours. Seemed positive. First thing they told me they really liked my experience, but that they had 3 people further along in the process. Then 1 by one I was interviewed by 3 senior managers. Everyone was really nice. It went well, but they didn't hire me.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2011.

Interview Details – Several interviews required with different levels of management at different times. Managers try to feel out your personality, presence, appearance, ability to sell and overcome obstacles with ease, competitiveness and proven track record in something whether at be at school or volunteer work.

Interview Question – Tell me why you would like to work Robert Half   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Compensation place is the same for anyone. Performance based company.

Staffing Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Robert Half in September 2013.

Interview Details – Getting an interview is fairly easy. I walked in the door as a candidate and was able to interview well concerning my financial background. If you are a good communicator and know how to confidently interview with people, it isn't hard to make the jump from "staffing candidate" to "prospective internal." I would hazard a guess that if there is an opening, once you have showed off your potential, you could just ask to be considered for an internal opening.

Interview Question – How do you feel about cold-calling?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base pay for most individuals within the company is somewhere in the ballpark of $40,000. Negotiate for more than that, because it will follow you for a while.

Staffing Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – Was pretty straight forward. I interviewed initially with the Regional Manager and then interviewed with separate Senior Staffing Managers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult co-worker or customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They start the base salary really low but tell you that you can make up for it with their bonus structure. It takes long hours to build up the bonus requirements and you really won't make too much until after a year of grinding.

Very Easy Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Robert Half in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was recently laid off and wanted to work a temp position while I looked for something permanent. In my registration interview, I was recruited for a Staffing Manager position. The person interviewing me went to get the Branch Manager who spoke to me for a few minutes and asked me to come back for another interview to speak with the Regional Manager and the Regional VP. In the interview with the RM, I pretty much just listened to her speak about how wonderful she is and how successful she is. The regional VP asked me questions about my resume and what I did at each job. Tried to throw me some "tough" questions that every college career counselor coaches you on how to answer. Overall, their decision was made before I even interviewed. I've heard other's interviews were much the same.

Interview Question – There weren't any. It was more an information session about how amazing the interviewer thought she was.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Robert Half in November 2011.

Interview Details – They originally thought I was coming in as a potential candidate for placement with one of their clients. I was interviewed promptly with their Division Direct and was explained the position in a very positive light and how financially rewarding it would be. Pretty much had the job in the bag!

Negotiation Details – They give you the option between 30,000 and 35,000 annual salary. After 15 months you go to a pay back model where you have to earn enough in commissions to pay back your annual salary and whatever is left you get, although they do pay you your salary every month...and they take it back out of your monthly commissions.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half in May 2013.

Interview Details – Got an interview from a friend who works there. Spoke with the regional manager of the branches in NYC. Really nice guy who obviously knew what he was looking for. Simple interview questions about resume and what I would like to do. Ended up not getting the position as they were looking for someone with more experience since I was a fresh outta college student.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What kind of position are you looking for?
  Answer Question

Staffing Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – Motivators must be money, success, and recognition.

Interview Question – Sale me something   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base salaries are set, not much room for negotiation.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview Details – normal interview process, 2-3 interviews with different levels of management.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. RHI wants to make sure that you are comfortbale working in a sales environment and can talk with clients on the phone and in person.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Robert Half

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!

Robert Half Videos

Robert Half – Why Work for Us?

Robert Half is a leader in professional staffing services, and when you join our company, you'll be part of the best team in the business. What makes us different? For one thing, Robert Half is the most respected firm… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Robert Half Staffing Manager interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Robert Half employees and interview candidates.