Robert Half

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.7

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Staffing Manager Interview

interviewed at Robert Half in January 2013.

They do their due diligence. Process takes a few weeks. Includes a few interviews, background check, including education, they will call your college or school. They will prepare an official offer as any large company will do. They will email you all the necessary forms to fill out and send back, pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
  • Today hiring decisions are made on personality and soft skills more than anything. My interview was fairly standard.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in June 2012.

Very personable and relaxed interview. Interviewed with 3 different member of the RHI team and each was very upfront and honest about their interest in me as a candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in June 2012.

Great Process, have excellent answers and be open & honest.

better offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Half in December 2011.

The hiring/interviewing process went by fast. I went there for an accounting position but was talked into talking about sales. Met with 3 levels of management in one day and the 4th a few days later. Got the offer just after having references checked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in November 2011.

They originally thought I was coming in as a potential candidate for placement with one of their clients. I was interviewed promptly with their Division Direct and was explained the position in a very positive light and how financially rewarding it would be. Pretty much had the job in the bag!

They give you the option between 30,000 and 35,000 annual salary. After 15 months you go to a pay back model where you have to earn enough in commissions to pay back your annual salary and whatever is left you get, although they do pay you your salary every month...and they take it back out of your monthly commissions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half in October 2011.

With Robert Half... They are very vauge about salary...they never really indicate what your salary would be. At first I was told that there would be a base plus commision but I found our that after one year your position is straight commission.

I went through 3 interviews, with several different mangers. Overall, everyone was helpful and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half in January 2011.

Several interviews required with different levels of management at different times. Managers try to feel out your personality, presence, appearance, ability to sell and overcome obstacles with ease, competitiveness and proven track record in something whether at be at school or volunteer work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you would like to work Robert Half   View Answer
    No negotiation. Compensation place is the same for anyone. Performance based company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Half in May 2010.

Very professional staffing manager conducted 1st interview followed by 2 others a week or so later. Took roughly 2 weeks to complete. General interview questions asked, nothing difficult.

Interview Questions
    • How do you know when you've found a qualified candidate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in September 2009.

Initial contact through the phone - she asked a few questions then set up an in person interview with the Division Director. The interview with the Division Director was pretty casual. Answered questions about experience and qualifications. She asked, "what was the most difficult situation, and how did you handle it" type of questions. Next interview was a week later with the Regional Director. She asked the same questions the Division Director asked during the first interview. Then I followed her back to meet the team and shadow the Division Director for about 20 min. enough to watch her make a sales call and make small talk with the rest of the staff. She then said that she would check my references and I would hear something by the end of the week. A week passed and I didn't hear anything. Then she called me to let me know that my interview was great and I had all of the right answers. However, they went with the other candidate because her personality "meshed better" with the other girls. She said if she had two positions, I would have received an offer. She then asked if she could refer me to one of her colleagues (not a client), but a friend who was looking for someone with my background (education and hr).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in September 2008.

Met with several people but they got back to me very quick. Informative, down to earth and overall pleasant

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really get any off the wall questions   View Answer