Robert Half Temporary Employee Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2015

2.0

Temporary Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Very basic preliminary interview to get in their system. Asked basic questions in an attempt to get to know me better so they could represent me to their customers.

Interview Questions

• What areas are you looking to improve upon in the next five years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The interview process was not a process at all. They did not ask the "normal" interview questions, instead they wanted to see your personality and your willingness to work and try new things. It was very laid back and it felt like I was hired before I went into the interview. They want someone who will represent their company well and their clients will do their own interviewing to see if you are a good fight for their specific company.

Interview Questions

• There really was none, I was very surprised at how laid back the whole process was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You don't negotiate price right then and there, you either accept or reject temp. jobs and the salary that comes with them at the time that the job is available.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Half (San Antonio, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Took preliminary skills test and passed all. Went to office to fill out full application. Interviewed speaking to two recruiters. I have excellent business references who would testify as to my character. I was told that I could not work for their agency after honestly answering question about criminal background. I thought they might consider the decades that have past since the misdemeanor offense and that honesty is what they are looking for. I am unhappy with a system where there is no standardized (by law) question about background. I would like politician's to legislate limits on what businesses can ask on an application.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that I can recall that did not seem like an average interview question.   Answer Question

Temporary Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in January 2013.

Interview

After I submitted my information online, they called me in for an interview. I got there and filled out all of the employment and tax forms, then I interviewed with one of the staffing managers. I followed up the next week, but other their response to my follow-up, I have not heard from them.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

I interviewed hoping to pick up some temp work. I filled out their application online and was asked to fill out more when I arrived for the interview. I met with two young women. They seemed fairly inexperienced at interviewing candidates, asked canned questions without looking at my resume. I didn't expect much b/c it was just an interview for temporary work, but they said they would refer me to another office which handled the territory I wanted to work in (NYC).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Robert Half (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2008.

Interview

I had my resume on CB.com and she called after I applied for some random posting. The interview was fairly easy. Scripted, bonehead questions. She took me into the conference room, I guess to see if I'd be intimidated in a larger room. I was an HR manager and we used that tactic fairly often. As I said, typical questions requiring typical answers. Then I went into another room and did testing on their computers. I think it was an MS Office test and a WPM test. I signed papers for background checks and gave them ID. I was called back a day later and asked if I'd like to be placed. I was at my placement for a year - loved the placement, hated the agency.

Interview Questions

• Being a temporary employee can be frustrating. Do you plan to look for new employment within six months of being hired?   Answer Question

Temporary Employee Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Half in January 2007.

Interview

I first filled out an application online, and shortly after a representative from OfficeTeam called me. I was not ready to begin work at the time so we worked out a date near my graduation to conduct the first interview. The rep took some info over the phone - inquiring about my skills, job goals, etc. He was very nice and very prompt with his follow up. I went in in for the interview with a staffing manager who asked about my past work experience and skills and clarified my job goal. I also took a computer skills test that day. The whole process took no more than 2 hours and I was accepted as a temp employee and received an assignment 3 days after I reported availability. I thought they did a good job of trying to match my assignments with my job goal (completely unrelated to temp office work.) They worked around my school graduation and were ok with me being upfront about needing temp work only until I found a job that matched my degree.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No - I was told what the average pay would be and that I would not be able to change that much since they negotiate and agree on that payment with their contacts at the companies. I was ok with that though and the pay was decent for office work.

Temporary Employee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Half in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by email about a possible position available in my area. I took a chance and called the number. After a very brief discussion about my work history I was informed I would be a good candidate for the next step in the interview process. The recruiter was very positive, polite and friendly, yet apparently very lacking in knowledge about the position I was being contacted about.
    I was told the job was to take computers and their peripherals out of boxes power them up, if they worked re-box them, if they didn't right a ticket and re-box them. That couldn't have been further from the truth. So it would seem the recruiter was completely misinformed about the position or was underselling it to fit the low compensation I was told I would receive if I got the position.
     After the first interview the recruiter I worked with went away or something, I get a late email from someone else saying I need to go to the job site for an interview with the company I will be working for. I rearranged my schedule and got everything I needed done for the interview. When I arrived at the interview I find the truth about the job. I was being hired to image, configure, install software, and ship 250 laptops to meet a strict deadline.
     After discussing the discrepancies in my final interview, I receive what I would call generic sympathy, nothing much after that then asked if I was taking the job. Got nowhere with my request for better compensation.

Interview Questions

• questions were all very basic, nothing really unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none for the temp contractor that I found. They tell you the terms you either accept them or don't take the position

Temporary Employee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in June 2011.

Interview

A general one one one interview to get to know you and your skills.
    Interviewer asked what direction I wanted my career to go into. Went over
    my resume; what did I do for this job? etc.

Interview was followed up with a computerized skills test.
    Consisted of concepts (Accounts payable questions) and a program
    simulation with Excel. Your results will come back minutes after you are
    done and the interviewer will go over the results with you.

Interview Questions

• What direction do you want to go with your career?   1 Answer

Temporary Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Half in September 2010.

Interview

When I first walked in, I felt very at ease because the receptionist was very nice and helpful. I had gotten the interview because my friend, who recently got a temp job through this agency, had forwarded my resume to her hiring manager. The interview process was very pleasant and relaxing. The recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to. I really didn't know what kind of temp position I was looking for but he made some suggestions. After a 20 minute interview, I took an excel skill test and scored pretty high. The next day, I got a phone call back from my recruiter with a possible job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

On the forms, you put what hourly wage you are looking for. I had put somewhere around 15 an hour and remember the recruiter asking if I would be willing to accept less.