Robert Half

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Temporary Employee

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2013.

Interview Details – After I submitted my information online, they called me in for an interview. I got there and filled out all of the employment and tax forms, then I interviewed with one of the staffing managers. I followed up the next week, but other their response to my follow-up, I have not heard from them.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to take an entry level position?   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in September 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed hoping to pick up some temp work. I filled out their application online and was asked to fill out more when I arrived for the interview. I met with two young women. They seemed fairly inexperienced at interviewing candidates, asked canned questions without looking at my resume. I didn't expect much b/c it was just an interview for temporary work, but they said they would refer me to another office which handled the territory I wanted to work in (NYC).

Very Easy Interview

King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Robert Half in April 2008.

Interview Details – I had my resume on CB.com and she called after I applied for some random posting. The interview was fairly easy. Scripted, bonehead questions. She took me into the conference room, I guess to see if I'd be intimidated in a larger room. I was an HR manager and we used that tactic fairly often. As I said, typical questions requiring typical answers. Then I went into another room and did testing on their computers. I think it was an MS Office test and a WPM test. I signed papers for background checks and gave them ID. I was called back a day later and asked if I'd like to be placed. I was at my placement for a year - loved the placement, hated the agency.

Interview Question – Being a temporary employee can be frustrating. Do you plan to look for new employment within six months of being hired?   Answer Question

Temporary Employee

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Half in January 2007.

Interview Details – I first filled out an application online, and shortly after a representative from OfficeTeam called me. I was not ready to begin work at the time so we worked out a date near my graduation to conduct the first interview. The rep took some info over the phone - inquiring about my skills, job goals, etc. He was very nice and very prompt with his follow up. I went in in for the interview with a staffing manager who asked about my past work experience and skills and clarified my job goal. I also took a computer skills test that day. The whole process took no more than 2 hours and I was accepted as a temp employee and received an assignment 3 days after I reported availability. I thought they did a good job of trying to match my assignments with my job goal (completely unrelated to temp office work.) They worked around my school graduation and were ok with me being upfront about needing temp work only until I found a job that matched my degree.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No - I was told what the average pay would be and that I would not be able to change that much since they negotiate and agree on that payment with their contacts at the companies. I was ok with that though and the pay was decent for office work.

Temporary Employee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Robert Half in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email about a possible position available in my area. I took a chance and called the number. After a very brief discussion about my work history I was informed I would be a good candidate for the next step in the interview process. The recruiter was very positive, polite and friendly, yet apparently very lacking in knowledge about the position I was being contacted about.
I was told the job was to take computers and their peripherals out of boxes power them up, if they worked re-box them, if they didn't right a ticket and re-box them. That couldn't have been further from the truth. So it would seem the recruiter was completely misinformed about the position or was underselling it to fit the low compensation I was told I would receive if I got the position.
 After the first interview the recruiter I worked with went away or something, I get a late email from someone else saying I need to go to the job site for an interview with the company I will be working for. I rearranged my schedule and got everything I needed done for the interview. When I arrived at the interview I find the truth about the job. I was being hired to image, configure, install software, and ship 250 laptops to meet a strict deadline.
 After discussing the discrepancies in my final interview, I receive what I would call generic sympathy, nothing much after that then asked if I was taking the job. Got nowhere with my request for better compensation.

Interview Question – questions were all very basic, nothing really unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none for the temp contractor that I found. They tell you the terms you either accept them or don't take the position

Temporary Employee

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in June 2011.

Interview Details – A general one one one interview to get to know you and your skills.
Interviewer asked what direction I wanted my career to go into. Went over
my resume; what did I do for this job? etc.

Interview was followed up with a computerized skills test.
Consisted of concepts (Accounts payable questions) and a program
simulation with Excel. Your results will come back minutes after you are
done and the interviewer will go over the results with you.

Interview Question – What direction do you want to go with your career?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Temporary Employee

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in September 2010.

Interview Details – When I first walked in, I felt very at ease because the receptionist was very nice and helpful. I had gotten the interview because my friend, who recently got a temp job through this agency, had forwarded my resume to her hiring manager. The interview process was very pleasant and relaxing. The recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to. I really didn't know what kind of temp position I was looking for but he made some suggestions. After a 20 minute interview, I took an excel skill test and scored pretty high. The next day, I got a phone call back from my recruiter with a possible job offer.

Interview Question – Tell me what you did at (a company I interned at).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – On the forms, you put what hourly wage you are looking for. I had put somewhere around 15 an hour and remember the recruiter asking if I would be willing to accept less.

Temporary Employee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Half in August 2010.

Interview Details – Called to set up an interview. Went in spoke with recruiter for about 20 minutes, very basic questions. They are not trying to put you on the spot, they just want to know a little about you and what your goals are. People are very personable, I was comfortable the entire time I was there. Then took skills test on Excel, Data Entry, and Junior Accounting concepts. After the assessments I meet with the recruiter again to discuss my scores. I have had one offer but declined because the pay was to low.

Interview Questions

Temporary Employee

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Robert Half in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was a bit bland. I was asked my skills and what I would be interested in working. But before all this, I had to take a 90 minute exam that tested my filing, keyboarding, spelling, basic math, and Microsoft Office skills. Even though the exam itself was archaic in presentation and flawed in some functions to say the least, I scored well above average.

Interview Question – What are you going to do about your current job?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I told the interviewer that I am fluent in Mandarin Chinese. They offered me a job speaking Cantonese Chinese like these two spoken languages are the same. Really, the interviewers are clueless and scattered.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Robert Half

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!

Robert Half Videos

Robert Half – Why Work for Us?

Robert Half is a leader in professional staffing services, and when you join our company, you'll be part of the best team in the business. What makes us different? For one thing, Robert Half is the most respected firm… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Robert Half Temporary Employee interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Robert Half employees and interview candidates.