Robert W. Baird & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.9

Client Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co..

Interview

The recruiter asked me to walk them through my resume. They asked me to elaborate on a few on my experiences and then they shared further information about the position. Afterwards they asked if I had any questions for them. The recruiter indicated that they would forward my information to the hiring manager and so far I am waiting to hear back from the hiring manager.

Overall the interview was fairly simple. Be sure to have relevant experience for the role and be able to answer fairly straight-forward questions about yourself and you should be fine.

IT Incident Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Interview process was fairly standard and smooth. I applied through a friend and received a call back within a week. Went through the standard 30 minute phone interview and once I passed they had me come in for an in-person interview with the HR Director and a Team Lead.

Both the HR director and Lead were genuinely nice and personable. Throughout the entire process they gave me the impression that the interview was informal however that is not the case at all. At times throughout the interview I felt like I could be myself and answer the questions honestly while at the same time incorporate some humor with each response (since the lead was pretty much not taking the interview seriously as well). I thought that alone was a good sign of a good workplace environment/culture because really, who wouldn't want to work for an employer that can laugh at themselves? Wrong. It was deceiving and speaks volumes about the culture and type of workplace environment they have. You know that co-worker who smiles in your face but talks bad about you as soon as you turn? Yea that's how I felt.

Overall, I think the company would be nice to work for, as I have a friend who works there that can attest to that. It just really depends on what department or role you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict with a co-worker? / what is your greatest achievement at work?   Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Online interview and phone interview. The HR department sent a list of questions which you have to answer. The reply email came back pretty quickly and the next interview was the phone interview.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co..

Interview

it was an online interview first in which you have to say a few things about yourself and talk about why you would be a god fit and how you could help the company. It also asked what you have done on campus and how you have stayed involved. It is very easy. Nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied through university and received an email a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Interview was very standard with basic finance questions. Many questions were regarding fit and location preferences. Interviewer was very friendly and helpful with answering questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through college website and got an invitation to the first round interview after a really long time. It was a phone interview, with 2 bankers at senior associate and VP level. They asked about previous experience, why us why investment banking, and a little bit technical stuffs (accounting, valuation, etc.) but not too deeply.

Interview Questions

Interview

This was a first round on campus interview. I applied through the online resume drop and was selected to sign up for an interview a few days later. The interview was a basic 30 minute interview with both behavioral and technical questions. Applicants were notified whether they were moving forward to the superday within 2-3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Basic questions about resume, valuation and accounting questions, and why investment banking.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Received a call that my resume had been reviewed and asking if I would like an interview. Came in later that week and interviewed with the administrative manager and briefly with the branch manager. Office seemed inviting and the staff that I was able to observe seemed friendly with one another.

Interview Questions

• Truthfully don't recall. The interview was very straightforward.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co..

Interview

First round on campus, really casual, nothing technical. Manly behavioral with questions on your interest in finance, run me through your resume etc... Also gonna run through the company's ambiance and family value shared by baird's employe. Great experience overall

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Applied through my university and was contacted for an interview on campus. The interviews on campus between my colleagues and I were very different. One of my colleagues went through an entirely behavioral interview. Another one went through an entirely accounting-based interview. I went through an entirely technical interview with a stock pitch. Be prepared for anything