Robert Walters

Updated Nov 19, 2014

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview involved a rotation of 3 cycles, each a 1 one 1 interview with the head of the company. Asked about experience, why this company, unique position of Robert Walters in SF vs other cities, SF specialties and trends in business hiring, 3rd party hiring/recruiting, etc. There were some redundant questions about applying resume abilities to hiring.

Interview Questions
    • What makes the business climate in SF different and unique from other locations?   Answer Question

intern responsibilities were pretty rudimentary and basic, didn't feel I would learn a lot and gain a lot of experience

Office Manager Interview

A non-practicing attorney, I sent in a resume and a cover letter to a specific headhunter, andfollowed up several days later with a personal email. Another attorney I know well did the same for a different job. No acknowledgment, no courtesy, no nothing! Shocking, considering they have no idea who I know or don't know in the legal and headhunting process.

Interview Questions
    • Never got the opportunity. Again, I know how busy many of these places are, but with auto reply, at least some response? Again, they have no idea who I know in the legal arena or the recruiting arena, but I have shared my story.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Walters.

I met with many people over 2 visits to their office, followed by a casual drinks session with the prospective team. All interviewers were extremely professional and obviously good at what they do, especially compared to some of the other companies I interviewed with. Interviews were quite relaxed, but questions were quite direct and some quite challenging.

Interview Questions
    • If you and your team mate both receive an offer for the same candidate, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    Salaries are pretty fixed, but bonuses is where you make the most money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Walters in October 2014.

Applied via a general CV submission on the website, and received a reply a few days later to schedule an initial phone/skype interview. Interview was 15-20 minutes or so, during which I was asked general questions on my life, why I chose to apply for the position with Robert Walters, and general questions about the company's practices.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked whether I was aware of how Robert Walter's payment structure operated.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Walters in September 2014.

I applied and was called for an interview. Had 2 in one day and 3 more were scheduled for another day. If you clear one then you are passed on to another. If one interviewer breaks and returns to give some nonsense excuse for why the others won't come (after conferring) then you're out.

Interview Questions
    • I was badgered as to why I prioritised helping candidates over making money. I didn't think they were mutually exclusive, do you? If you help candidates you will make money - no need to be so money hungry. If you interview there emphasise how motivated you are to make cash, that is what they wanna hear.   Answer Question

3 round interviews

Design Engineer Interview

Applied for this post through LinkedIn. A Skype interview was scheduled by the recruiter at Robert Walters. Interview was a short conversation with some basic Chemical Engineering questions: Pumps, Thermodynamics, questions related to intern.
    I was asked to ask a doubt as well. I came to know that freshers might not being hired for this position and therefore, my candidature might be rejected.

Junior Recruit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Walters in April 2014.

Had two interviews. First one was on the phone with associate recruit consultant. Then I was invited to one of their office. At the second interview, I had several managers, associate director interviews. The interview questions were straightforward, eg. Why RW? What do I know about the industry. At the end of the interview, I was given a role play to pretend a new recruiter at RW.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview, what will you do as a recruiter if a client recently lost his employee because you assigned a unsuitable candidate?   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Walters in March 2014.

Well there were too many phone interviews (2) and 3 face to face , way to much in my opinion and the hiring process took over a month, and this was just to inform that there might be an opening job but needed prior intern with them before offering a job

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Robert Walters.

Conversational and enjoyable but a bit too long, people coming and going from the room, reading emails and making calls, quite unprofessional. seems like a boys club. never got any feedback or even informed that I didn't get the position. Very poor form for a recruitment agency