Robert Walters Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Robert Walters (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview involved a rotation of 3 cycles, each a 1 one 1 interview with the head of the company. Asked about experience, why this company, unique position of Robert Walters in SF vs other cities, SF specialties and trends in business hiring, 3rd party hiring/recruiting, etc. There were some redundant questions about applying resume abilities to hiring.

Interview Questions

• What makes the business climate in SF different and unique from other locations?   Answer Question

intern responsibilities were pretty rudimentary and basic, didn't feel I would learn a lot and gain a lot of experience

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Robert Walters (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Multiple sessions with different levels of management. Long and almost informal. Had interviews with many people present. All asking different styles of questioning. But most of them very easy-going and not too many tough questions. Some questions regarding ethical hiring issues. Did not really go into detail on personality evaluation as they could easily deduce from reading resume. More to see if candidate is a good fit for the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Robert Walters (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

I first met a recruiter at university event. A few days later I had a phone interview with the recruiter. This was followed by an in office interview with four different one-on-one interviews. Questions were primarily behavioral and placed emphasis on leadership, integrity, and determination.

Interview Questions

• what are your goals? describe a time when you took a leadership role?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Interview

A non-practicing attorney, I sent in a resume and a cover letter to a specific headhunter, andfollowed up several days later with a personal email. Another attorney I know well did the same for a different job. No acknowledgment, no courtesy, no nothing! Shocking, considering they have no idea who I know or don't know in the legal and headhunting process.

Interview Questions

• Never got the opportunity. Again, I know how busy many of these places are, but with auto reply, at least some response? Again, they have no idea who I know in the legal arena or the recruiting arena, but I have shared my story.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call two months later. General questions asked: Why did I apply, what do I know about the company. Straight-forward process, informal phone interview followed by face-to-face discussion. Further insight given into the industry and pay. Recruitment scenario based questions.

Headhunter/Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview

Transparent and straightforward interview process. I had two interviews; the first with the members of my would-be team, and the second with a director. Everyone I met was impressive yet very friendly, and showed a genuine interest in what I was looking to achieve through this role. At first I was unsure whether I wanted to go into recruitment, but I haven't regretted it for a moment.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but I was glad I had thoroughly researched the company beforehand.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

I met with many people over 2 visits to their office, followed by a casual drinks session with the prospective team. All interviewers were extremely professional and obviously good at what they do, especially compared to some of the other companies I interviewed with. Interviews were quite relaxed, but questions were quite direct and some quite challenging.

Interview Questions

• If you and your team mate both receive an offer for the same candidate, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salaries are pretty fixed, but bonuses is where you make the most money.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied via a general CV submission on the website, and received a reply a few days later to schedule an initial phone/skype interview. Interview was 15-20 minutes or so, during which I was asked general questions on my life, why I chose to apply for the position with Robert Walters, and general questions about the company's practices.

Interview Questions

• Was asked whether I was aware of how Robert Walter's payment structure operated.   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied and was called for an interview. Had 2 in one day and 3 more were scheduled for another day. If you clear one then you are passed on to another. If one interviewer breaks and returns to give some nonsense excuse for why the others won't come (after conferring) then you're out.

Interview Questions

• I was badgered as to why I prioritised helping candidates over making money. I didn't think they were mutually exclusive, do you? If you help candidates you will make money - no need to be so money hungry. If you interview there emphasise how motivated you are to make cash, that is what they wanna hear.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Interview

3 round interviews