Robert Walters

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Walters in October 2014.

Applied via a general CV submission on the website, and received a reply a few days later to schedule an initial phone/skype interview. Interview was 15-20 minutes or so, during which I was asked general questions on my life, why I chose to apply for the position with Robert Walters, and general questions about the company's practices.

Interview Questions
  • Was asked whether I was aware of how Robert Walter's payment structure operated.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Walters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Walters in September 2014.

I applied and was called for an interview. Had 2 in one day and 3 more were scheduled for another day. If you clear one then you are passed on to another. If one interviewer breaks and returns to give some nonsense excuse for why the others won't come (after conferring) then you're out.

Interview Questions
    • I was badgered as to why I prioritised helping candidates over making money. I didn't think they were mutually exclusive, do you? If you help candidates you will make money - no need to be so money hungry. If you interview there emphasise how motivated you are to make cash, that is what they wanna hear.   Answer Question

3 round interviews

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Walters in March 2014.

Well there were too many phone interviews (2) and 3 face to face , way to much in my opinion and the hiring process took over a month, and this was just to inform that there might be an opening job but needed prior intern with them before offering a job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Robert Walters.

Many interviewers in one day. You'll start off with Directors of each division, then managers, then peers, across about 3-4 rounds. Managing director should be last. All 1-on-1s.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding recruitment itself. You'll do a mock call to someone in the office.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

2 interviews, then hired.

Interview Questions
    • not really applicable.. don't ask too many questions just need to explain your experience   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Robert Walters.

Hiring process was very long. There was the phone screening process, and then several one-to-one interviews with the MD, AD and several other Recruitment Consultants (who you may not even work with). Overall, a long interview process and it was only until I had informed them of other interviews and potential offers, then was the pace stepped up.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to do a role play whereby I was a recruiter trying to get past the gatekeeper.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Walters.

Contacted by managing director to come in for an interview. Had 1:1 interviews with Managing Directer and Team managers. I was asked about all employment history and how I could utilise them skills in recruitment. Also asked why I wanted the career in the recruitment industry. They also gave me an introduction to Robert Walter's culture and values.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a life event in which you were extremely resilient?   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Walters in January 2010.

It takes quite long but it definitely felt very sincere as though they were truly trying to get to know me and understand me, rather than going straight into competency questions. They ask a lot of general questions to better get a sense of why you would like to work for the company and what other plans/career options you have in mind. They also warn you of the downs you might face in the job. In general, I felt very comfortable and I could feel the sincerity in their hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the role of a recruitment consultant entails?   Answer Question