Robert Walters Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Robert Walters (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Multiple sessions with different levels of management. Long and almost informal. Had interviews with many people present. All asking different styles of questioning. But most of them very easy-going and not too many tough questions. Some questions regarding ethical hiring issues. Did not really go into detail on personality evaluation as they could easily deduce from reading resume. More to see if candidate is a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Walters

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call two months later. General questions asked: Why did I apply, what do I know about the company. Straight-forward process, informal phone interview followed by face-to-face discussion. Further insight given into the industry and pay. Recruitment scenario based questions.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Robert Walters (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2014.

Interview

I was approached directly by one of the Team Leaders, I was invited for an initial meeting which was quite warm and casual, we discussed about my interests and current situation. I was then invited to go to their office to meet his manager and their MD. I was also able to meet with their Internal Recruiter.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied via a general CV submission on the website, and received a reply a few days later to schedule an initial phone/skype interview. Interview was 15-20 minutes or so, during which I was asked general questions on my life, why I chose to apply for the position with Robert Walters, and general questions about the company's practices.

Interview Questions

• Was asked whether I was aware of how Robert Walter's payment structure operated.   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied and was called for an interview. Had 2 in one day and 3 more were scheduled for another day. If you clear one then you are passed on to another. If one interviewer breaks and returns to give some nonsense excuse for why the others won't come (after conferring) then you're out.

Interview Questions

• I was badgered as to why I prioritised helping candidates over making money. I didn't think they were mutually exclusive, do you? If you help candidates you will make money - no need to be so money hungry. If you interview there emphasise how motivated you are to make cash, that is what they wanna hear.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Interview

3 round interviews

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Walters (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2014.

Interview

Well there were too many phone interviews (2) and 3 face to face , way to much in my opinion and the hiring process took over a month, and this was just to inform that there might be an opening job but needed prior intern with them before offering a job

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

Many interviewers in one day. You'll start off with Directors of each division, then managers, then peers, across about 3-4 rounds. Managing director should be last. All 1-on-1s.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding recruitment itself. You'll do a mock call to someone in the office.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Interview

2 interviews, then hired.

Interview Questions

• not really applicable.. don't ask too many questions just need to explain your experience   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview

Hiring process was very long. There was the phone screening process, and then several one-to-one interviews with the MD, AD and several other Recruitment Consultants (who you may not even work with). Overall, a long interview process and it was only until I had informed them of other interviews and potential offers, then was the pace stepped up.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to do a role play whereby I was a recruiter trying to get past the gatekeeper.   Answer Question