Robert Walters

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Walters in March 2014.

Interview Details – Well there were too many phone interviews (2) and 3 face to face , way to much in my opinion and the hiring process took over a month, and this was just to inform that there might be an opening job but needed prior intern with them before offering a job

Interview Question – what do you do during your free time?   Answer Question

Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview Details – Many interviewers in one day. You'll start off with Directors of each division, then managers, then peers, across about 3-4 rounds. Managing director should be last. All 1-on-1s.

Interview Question – Questions regarding recruitment itself. You'll do a mock call to someone in the office.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Robert Walters

Interview Details – 2 interviews, then hired.

Interview Question – not really applicable.. don't ask too many questions just need to explain your experience   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very long. There was the phone screening process, and then several one-to-one interviews with the MD, AD and several other Recruitment Consultants (who you may not even work with). Overall, a long interview process and it was only until I had informed them of other interviews and potential offers, then was the pace stepped up.

Interview Question – Was asked to do a role play whereby I was a recruiter trying to get past the gatekeeper.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview Details – Contacted by managing director to come in for an interview. Had 1:1 interviews with Managing Directer and Team managers. I was asked about all employment history and how I could utilise them skills in recruitment. Also asked why I wanted the career in the recruitment industry. They also gave me an introduction to Robert Walter's culture and values.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a life event in which you were extremely resilient?   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Robert Walters in January 2010.

Interview Details – It takes quite long but it definitely felt very sincere as though they were truly trying to get to know me and understand me, rather than going straight into competency questions. They ask a lot of general questions to better get a sense of why you would like to work for the company and what other plans/career options you have in mind. They also warn you of the downs you might face in the job. In general, I felt very comfortable and I could feel the sincerity in their hiring process.

Interview Question – What do you think the role of a recruitment consultant entails?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Robert Walters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Robert Walters Recruitment Consultant interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Robert Walters employees and interview candidates.