Roblox

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Management Interview

Project Management

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Roblox.

Interview Details – Met at career fair and was contacted a month later. The recruiter was very helpful in setting up the phone interview with their manager. But the manager failed twice to call at the predetermined time. In the end we talked over the phone while he was driving back home, very unprofessional, and was not fully attentive.
I would advise you prepare in advance for this kind of situation.

Interview Question – For a hundred round of round-papper-scissor and connect 4, which would be more interesting.   View Answer

Developer Support Engineer Interview

Developer Support Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Roblox in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had two phone interviews, one with recruiter and one with manager. Went well. Came on-site and talked to a handful of people for 4-5 hours.

Overall, it went okay but I was not as prepared for it as I would have liked. They will expect you to be sharp on your programming.

Interview Question – Sorting Algorithm question and another question for Strings/Arrays.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Roblox.

Interview Details – Pretty much sent me through a round of 3 phone interviews, made it seem like I had the job but then didn't have the funding to move me because they needed that money to hire people for the engine team instead of the scripting team.

Interview Question – How would you implement various data structures in LUA that exist in the Java standard library? Basic questions really all around.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Roblox.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews before getting into the final on-site interview. I passed the first one. I failed on the second one.

Interview Question – The first phone interview is basically asking some general technique questions and used the share site to write a function that returns the first repeated character from a string. The second phone interview used the share site to write a function to determine palindrome of an integer; no extra space are allowed to use.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at Roblox

Interview Details – One technical phone call asking about some programming questions. This was followed up with an on-site interview. During the on-site interview, three of the team members came individually and further questioned some programming skills. There were also some brain teaser questions such as "how can you detect collision between multiple objects?"

Interview Question – How can you detect collision between multiple objects?   View Answer

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Systems Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Roblox in October 2012.

Interview Details – 1. A programming test through Email, and it was from a website hold by the interviewer, all kinds of tricky programming problems.
2. A phone interview about your background and experiences. This one was nice.
3. On-site interview. Will probably start from a lunch with the interviewers, and then meet 3 to 4 people, one at a time, and 30 - 45 mins each.

Interview Question – How do you make sure a exe file downloaded by users will not be changed? (Ans: Added digital signature)

How do you add the signature? (Ans: Use a hash function to generate a hash code)

How do you add this hash code to the exec? (Ans: Use a magic number in binary data, and preserve a fixed-size space)
  Answer Question

San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Roblox in January 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call from a Russian chap with a heavy accent. I am a native English speaker and typically have no problems understanding accents. I've been in the Silicon Valley for years to no big deal. In this case -- it was a big deal. I could barely understand the chap interviewing me. It made me very slow to reply and I had no idea if I was answering what he was asking.

Now I am a C++ guru. I have knocked it out of the part in interview after interview in this area. This guy asked one question. I did not fully understand it. The answer ultimately required you to know to use an STL hashed-map. I was just rolling my eyes wondering "how doe these people hire anyone"?

One of the oddest interviews ever. One question and a guy I could not understand. 15 minutes tops. I already had other offers so I was already pretty turned off by Roblox.

I put Very Difficult b/c I could not understand the guy.

Interview Question – Some question about storage (could not understand due to think accent)...   View Answer

QA Interview

QA
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Roblox in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for the job and they scheduled a phone interview within a week. The phone interview consists of about my work in the previous projects and what was my job responsibilities. After the phone interview they scheduled face to face interview. In that the questions were like write test case for checking the ATM machine. Also specify the inputs for which you will check. The interview was about 1 hour. Then they said that they will get back to me. But they did not contact me after that.

Interview Questions

• Write a test case for ATM machine.   Answer Question
  • Write a test case for username and password field. Also specify the input values for which you will check.   Answer Question

San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Roblox in November 2011.

Interview Details – They first had a normal interview followed by a technical interview.

Interview Questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Roblox in July 2010.

Interview Details – If you are good technically & I mean very good, then you can easily make it at Roblox. You will be grilled very hard on C++ interview questions and will be asked to solve a real computer science problem.

Your attitude counts a lot.

It is a very good company with very smart people, I am amazed at the talent Roblox has.

They have a decent Healthcare plan & flexible hours.

It is a very challenging environment, where you have to continuously deliver. So if you are good then yes Roblox is the right place for you.

You will be rewarded for your hard work.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Roblox? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Roblox interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Roblox employees and interview candidates.