Roblox

3.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Full-Stack Web Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Roblox in June 2014.

Applied online in May and got a mail from a recruiter within 10 days. Had two technical phone interviews. I was asked to write code in collabedit during both rounds and there were a other technical questions as well. The duration of each of interviews were around 45 min. Overall the interviews were a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview Qn 1: Write a program to merge two sorted arrays. Qn 2: Merging 'n' sorted arrays.   Answer Question
    • Phone interview: Qn 1: What happens when you click a link in the web page? Qn 2: Difference between an abstract classe and interface Qn 3: Printing a matrix spirally   Answer Question

Developer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Roblox in November 2013.

Had two phone interviews, one with recruiter and one with manager. Went well. Came on-site and talked to a handful of people for 4-5 hours.

Overall, it went okay but I was not as prepared for it as I would have liked. They will expect you to be sharp on your programming.

Interview Questions
    • Sorting Algorithm question and another question for Strings/Arrays.   Answer Question

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Roblox in October 2012.

1. A programming test through Email, and it was from a website hold by the interviewer, all kinds of tricky programming problems.
    2. A phone interview about your background and experiences. This one was nice.
    3. On-site interview. Will probably start from a lunch with the interviewers, and then meet 3 to 4 people, one at a time, and 30 - 45 mins each.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make sure a exe file downloaded by users will not be changed? (Ans: Added digital signature)

How do you add the signature? (Ans: Use a hash function to generate a hash code)

How do you add this hash code to the exec? (Ans: Use a magic number in binary data, and preserve a fixed-size space)

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Roblox in January 2012.

I received a call from a Russian chap with a heavy accent. I am a native English speaker and typically have no problems understanding accents. I've been in the Silicon Valley for years to no big deal. In this case -- it was a big deal. I could barely understand the chap interviewing me. It made me very slow to reply and I had no idea if I was answering what he was asking.

Now I am a C++ guru. I have knocked it out of the part in interview after interview in this area. This guy asked one question. I did not fully understand it. The answer ultimately required you to know to use an STL hashed-map. I was just rolling my eyes wondering "how doe these people hire anyone"?

One of the oddest interviews ever. One question and a guy I could not understand. 15 minutes tops. I already had other offers so I was already pretty turned off by Roblox.

I put Very Difficult b/c I could not understand the guy.

Interview Questions
    • Some question about storage (could not understand due to think accent)...   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Roblox in November 2011.

They first had a normal interview followed by a technical interview.

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Roblox in November 2011.

I applied online for the job and they scheduled a phone interview within a week. The phone interview consists of about my work in the previous projects and what was my job responsibilities. After the phone interview they scheduled face to face interview. In that the questions were like write test case for checking the ATM machine. Also specify the inputs for which you will check. The interview was about 1 hour. Then they said that they will get back to me. But they did not contact me after that.

Interview Questions
    • Write a test case for ATM machine.   Answer Question
    • Write a test case for username and password field. Also specify the input values for which you will check.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Roblox in June 2011.

After a chit-chat type of phone interview with an onsite recruiter, I was asked to come for an onsite interview.

One VP, one senior member and one DB guy.

The VP asked some general architectural system design question, which could have vastly different right answers depending on the nature of the system.

The senior person asked a question about finding certain set of numbers from a list, I gave an answer with O(N), but he insisted that sorting the list gives a faster solution. There is no sorting that can give performance faster than O(N). I was tempted to correct him, but I just kept quiet.

The DB person asked didn't ask any tough question. Probably because he knew that I was not a DB guy.

Overall, I felt that the people seemd sub-par in their engineering skills/creativity.

Interview Questions
    • One bridge, 4 people. A, B, C, D. A takes 2 mins to cross the bridge, B 4 mins, C 8 mins, D 16mins.

It is dark and 1 torch. So, 2 people need to cross the bridge at the same time, so that one person can bring back the torch for the next group to cross the bridge. The 2 pepole group walks at the pace of the slower walker.

How to cross the bridge in the fasted way?

View Answers (3)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Roblox in July 2010.

If you are good technically & I mean very good, then you can easily make it at Roblox. You will be grilled very hard on C++ interview questions and will be asked to solve a real computer science problem.

Your attitude counts a lot.

It is a very good company with very smart people, I am amazed at the talent Roblox has.

They have a decent Healthcare plan & flexible hours.

It is a very challenging environment, where you have to continuously deliver. So if you are good then yes Roblox is the right place for you.

You will be rewarded for your hard work.