Roblox

Updated Nov 6, 2014

3.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Entire process was great, had a few phone screenings, and onsite as well. People were very friendly, knowledgeable, and cool. Great company overall, and smooth process. Took a couple of weeks total. Interview questions were standard, nothing surprising, I wish it was not my first interview, for I would have aced it otherwise.

Interview Questions
  • Remove a node in a singly linked list, which is pointed to, in O(1). If you know the trick, its easy, otherwise, you can only do O(N).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Roblox

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Roblox.

Pretty much sent me through a round of 3 phone interviews, made it seem like I had the job but then didn't have the funding to move me because they needed that money to hire people for the engine team instead of the scripting team.

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement various data structures in LUA that exist in the Java standard library? Basic questions really all around.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Roblox.

Two phone interviews before getting into the final on-site interview. I passed the first one. I failed on the second one.

Interview Questions
    • The first phone interview is basically asking some general technique questions and used the share site to write a function that returns the first repeated character from a string. The second phone interview used the share site to write a function to determine palindrome of an integer; no extra space are allowed to use.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Roblox in January 2012.

I received a call from a Russian chap with a heavy accent. I am a native English speaker and typically have no problems understanding accents. I've been in the Silicon Valley for years to no big deal. In this case -- it was a big deal. I could barely understand the chap interviewing me. It made me very slow to reply and I had no idea if I was answering what he was asking.

Now I am a C++ guru. I have knocked it out of the part in interview after interview in this area. This guy asked one question. I did not fully understand it. The answer ultimately required you to know to use an STL hashed-map. I was just rolling my eyes wondering "how doe these people hire anyone"?

One of the oddest interviews ever. One question and a guy I could not understand. 15 minutes tops. I already had other offers so I was already pretty turned off by Roblox.

I put Very Difficult b/c I could not understand the guy.

Interview Questions
    • Some question about storage (could not understand due to think accent)...   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Roblox in November 2011.

The recruiter somehow got my resume and approached me. The company is on the edge of spanning so it is looking for a bunch of new positions. I showed the interest on doing backend server side programming. As a result, I was arranged for a first on-site interview with the technical director. However, this interview is just a chat about my background, some general issues on the backend design. Then after two weeks, I was arranged another round of on-site interview with 4 people. The interviews did not contain too many algorithm or programming puzzles, but really some advance questions that fit their needs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Roblox in November 2011.

They first had a normal interview followed by a technical interview.

Software Engineer Interview

The interview was of an average difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what happens when you type an address in a browser's address bar and press enter.   Answer Question