Roche

www.roche.com
  www.roche.com

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Hospital Sales Specialist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Roche in May 2009.

I was contacted at short notice to attend an interview at their HQ in Welwyn Garden City, having applied directly for a post via their website, not through a third party agency. Although it was difficult to organise time off, as I'm in a busy full time job- and a long drive- I knew that it would be a worthwhile experience. I'm in the NHS, trying to return to pharma (where I started my career several years ago) and have felt hampered by not having the ABPI or recent product sales experience, even for non promotional roles. It was refreshing to see recruitment handled directly, and to meet the line manager straight away, rather than at the final stage of an agency led process.

The questions were well thought through and I didn't feel at a disadvantage not having recent selling experience. They seemed open to new approaches and viewpoints, particularly from a PCT commissioner (which is what I do). I had plenty of opportunity to ask direct questions and had done some research by talking to company reps I know in other areas.

Although I didn't get the post as there was a better qualified candidate on the day, I was given some very useful advice and encouragement (which would've been hard to find out on my own). I learnt a lot and will continue to apply for posts with the company- the high calibre of their reps is reflected in that of their national/ senior managers.

Interview Questions
  • If I had some funding available for training for your development, what would your line manager say it'd be good for you to do?   View Answer