Roche Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Was interviewed by two scientists. Asked a lot about background info and project experience. Asked about almost everything on the resume. Didn't ask too many administrative questions. It was nice and semi casual.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Applied online, had a 45 minute phone interview several weeks later, about my experience, technical abilities, etc. In the end, I was not fully sold on the job, the initial extended stay from home, and other responses from interviewer were vague and unclear (area coverage, etc).

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary range?   1 Answer
    • What is the most difficult thing you have ever worked on?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked on automated equipment?   Answer Question
    • Do you do component level troubleshooting?   1 Answer
    • Do you have an issue being away up to a year for training, on & off in Indianapolis.   1 Answer

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Roche (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

The interview process was simple, no specific questions. The interviewer explained about everything and I asked several job-related and company related questions. It seemed to be good one but never heard any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave your current full-time position?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Roche (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen 3 weeks earlier. Then a call to come in with 1 days notice. Brought in for face to face interview with hiring manager. Spent 3 hours talking to 5 different people. It was pretty intense. I have not heard anything back yet but am hopeful.

DC Investigative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Roche.

Interview

Met Roche at a career fair at school. First interview was more or less an "elevator pitch". Had to make myself stand out from the thousands of other students meeting them. Had 4 more interviews, one at my school, and 3 back to back at Roche. Questions weren't difficult, just what I would do in certain situations and what experience I had.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have in research and development?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Roche (San Jose, CA).

Interview

went highly recommended, told by panelist that i was the best out of all candidates. HR excludes based on ageism. 2 people i know had similar exp with HR. Age discrimination rampant. Waste time. Oe of the current employees who probably wanted the job for himself said he hated the place and almost quit.

Interview Questions

• standard questions, not hard. some about work others about soft skills   Answer Question

CRA Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who told me about the job and submitted my resume to the director. Had a brief 30 minute phone interview with the director. Was asked to come in for a face to face interview and met with 8 people from different teams for a half day

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your old job, what are your skill sets, tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nutley, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Roche (Nutley, NJ).

Interview

The interview process for me was very affective and the comment of my sample work was very good
    interview took about an hour, I was show around the dept to show different level of work flow and was introduce to every single member of the team which I found it a plus. It was well clean and maintain and there was an excitement in all of the team workers.

Interview Questions

• I was ask what are my special skills for the job I was applying for and what will make me a team player if I was to get hire, and how did I handle my job assignment on a daily base.   1 Answer

CRA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Roche.

Interview

All day interview with 12 people. Questions were moderately difficult. Lots of scenario-type questions. Questions geared towards finding out your experience level and your ability to learn. Hiring process was fast.

Interview Questions

• What other field would you be in if you couldn't find a position in your current field?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Roche.

Interview

Initial process began with an email to schedule a phone interview. Within a week of the phone interview, received a phone call from the hiring supervisor for a personal interview on location with the hiring supervisor and manager. The interview was a behavioral interview with common interview questions.