Roche Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

Research Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Roche (Tucson, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview; preliminary. I was selected for a phone interview after the initial HR person who called me first, to make sure I meet the minimum requirements. Board certification by ABP. Minimum of two years of research experience.

Interview Questions

• qualifications for the job; experience signing out cases independently.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Was interviewed by two scientists. Asked a lot about background info and project experience. Asked about almost everything on the resume. Didn't ask too many administrative questions. It was nice and semi casual.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Applied online, had a 45 minute phone interview several weeks later, about my experience, technical abilities, etc. In the end, I was not fully sold on the job, the initial extended stay from home, and other responses from interviewer were vague and unclear (area coverage, etc).

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary range?   1 Answer
    • What is the most difficult thing you have ever worked on?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked on automated equipment?   Answer Question
    • Do you do component level troubleshooting?   1 Answer
    • Do you have an issue being away up to a year for training, on & off in Indianapolis.   1 Answer

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Roche (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

The interview process was simple, no specific questions. The interviewer explained about everything and I asked several job-related and company related questions. It seemed to be good one but never heard any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave your current full-time position?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Roche (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen 3 weeks earlier. Then a call to come in with 1 days notice. Brought in for face to face interview with hiring manager. Spent 3 hours talking to 5 different people. It was pretty intense. I have not heard anything back yet but am hopeful.

DC Investigative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Roche.

Interview

Met Roche at a career fair at school. First interview was more or less an "elevator pitch". Had to make myself stand out from the thousands of other students meeting them. Had 4 more interviews, one at my school, and 3 back to back at Roche. Questions weren't difficult, just what I would do in certain situations and what experience I had.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have in research and development?   Answer Question

CRA Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who told me about the job and submitted my resume to the director. Had a brief 30 minute phone interview with the director. Was asked to come in for a face to face interview and met with 8 people from different teams for a half day

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your old job, what are your skill sets, tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Roche (San Jose, CA).

Interview

went highly recommended, told by panelist that i was the best out of all candidates. HR excludes based on ageism. 2 people i know had similar exp with HR. Age discrimination rampant. Waste time. Oe of the current employees who probably wanted the job for himself said he hated the place and almost quit.

Interview Questions

• standard questions, not hard. some about work others about soft skills   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchburg, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Roche (Branchburg, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for an initial in-person interview. I met with a manager from the diagnostic department. The interview questions on the manager's behalf were basic and not very directed about the position itself. The interview was short and I hung around to ask a few questions of my own.

Marketing Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Roche in March 2015.

Interview

Managers interviews over Skype. Was a very friendly conversation. Was interviewed by 2 hiring managers and the HR.

Decided to join the company when observed that they provide interns the freedom to use their creativity.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to understand my work ethics better- behavioral questions.   Answer Question