Roche Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014

Diabetes Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Roche in May 2014.

Fast process that started with a phone interview and was called the next day for a face to face interview. Was told I would hear back by the end of the week. Was contacted the next morning to go to Indianapolis to interview with the regional manager.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Roche in March 2014.

Contacted by Administrative Assistant 2 months after submitting online resume for a Manufacturing Engineering Position. Invited on-site for one-on-one interview with Engineering Manager. Manager was very professional and spent 45 minutes asking questions and then 30-45 minutes for a tour. Standard interview questions, no surprises. Invited back within a week for a panel Interview with 3 leads and another 30 minutes with the Engineering Manager. Manager was savvy about getting me out of standard answer formats and trying to challenge my soft skills.

Interview Questions
    • Manager asked me to sell him a bottle of water to check soft skills and how I thought on my feet.   Answer Question
    I negotiated pay and got a small increase, but the initial salary was based on my experience and individuals within the organization with similar experiences.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Roche.

First a phone interview and then on-site. Interviewed by 2 people and also interacted with the team.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a disagreement with your last boss and if so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Group Manager Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Roche in January 2014.

Online application, phone screen by recruiter, then full day of interviews. 8 interviews, one hour each back to back.

Interview Questions
    • If I called your last two bosses, what would they say they did not like or appreciate about you or your work ethic?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

There was an initial phone screen with employer recruiter. The next step was a phone screen with the hiring manager. The following interview then was a face to face meeting with the hiring manager. The next meeting was a face to face meeting with the Area Director. The final Interview was at the corporate office with 3 additional people, including the VP of Sales, Marketing, and Sales Department. The overall time frame was about a 2 month process.

Human Resources Associate Interview

The questions I asked were bizarre and not related to the position. I cringe every time I am asked where do you see yourself in five years. It's just a bad question.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say it was difficult, just irritating. When you are trying to move up in your career and it is quite clear from your interviewer you would be be taking a step back.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Roche.

First phone interview then in person interview and then second interview

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Roche in February 2010.

It took almost 4 hours to interview

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Roche in September 2012.

Process took about a month. Two phone interviews, two in person interviews. Asked a lot of STAR type questions - Situation/Task/Action/Result. Most questions begin with....give me an example when... So be prepared with many scenarios. I interviewed with HR, the hiring manager, and a panel of supervisors/co-workers. Definitely helps to be referred by an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - all questions are behavioral based. Many questions are the same but just re-worded. Interview can be long and drawn out.   Answer Question
    HR was unwilling to negotiate on anything.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Roche in October 2010.

Interview process began with a phone screen with HR, then an in-person interview that lasted 6 hours. Panel for in-person interview consisted of many managers and potential same-level co-workers. Questions asked were not difficult. They mainly focused on previous background (education and previous work experience).

Interview Questions
    Difficult to negotiate. HR representative presenting offer was difficult to reason.

Worked for Roche? Contribute to the Community!