Roche

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Customer Care Specialist
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Roche.

Interview Details – Four interviews. One with recruiter for contractor (phone), one with Contractor supervisors, one with company supervisors which involves role-play scenarios, and one interview with upper management.

Interview Question – What is something you did at your previous job which contributed to the business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was offered, but not negotiated. It was higher than expected.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Roche in June 2010.

Interview Details – Although my title was software engineer, I didn't write a single line of code. The job was more of a project management and system engineering position. I did a lot of documentation of requirements. Therefore my questions were more about describing the projects I had been on. What went right and what went wrong.

Interview Question – Describe a situation were you disagreed with management and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Research Scientist I Interview

Research Scientist I
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Roche.

Interview Details – Got referred internally to a hiring manager. Was contacted within a few weeks. Had 6 side by side one-to-one and two-to-one interviews, mostly one-to-one. Also included lunch-interview which was more informal. Met about 10 people.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses? From an HR representative   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Roche.

Interview Details – very well organized and met a lot of knowlegeable people and they asked very good questions, it was a two round interview and each one was a great experience. i chose the company because of this

Interview Question – what is your expecation of the salary   Answer Question

Principal Scientist Interview

Principal Scientist
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Roche.

Interview Details – The initial communication and planning process went smoothly. There was a phone interview followed by a one-day of onsite interviews. One interview was with a group including junior staff. There were one-on-one interviews with the hiring manger, potential colleagues, and also senior leadership.

Interview Question – What compensation do you require?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As it turned out, the HR person accepted my terms without the authority to do so! This was resolved with a signing bonus and a lower salary. After all, the total compensation package was what I was looking for.

Training Consultant Interview

Training Consultant
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Roche.

Interview Details – Applied for the position through the internal job site. Received a call for a 1:1 interview in a reasonable time. First interview was a bit unorganized but did involve the hiring manager bringing in the department's other training consultant to explain the position in more detail.

Second interview was a panel interview with a mandatory 20 minute presentation. Spent a close to two hours answering several questions from several panel members. Presented training (topic: my choice) for exactly 20 minutes as requested.

Also, I had to take one of the awful "not right or wrong" personality tests. The tests that have been debunked for years of having any value whatsoever.

After a four-week period of this process, I was told they selected six people to interview, three for a second interview, and hired none of us. I found this out from a phone call from the manager telling me they were re-posting the position on the job site and heavily implied that I do not waste my time applying again.

Interview Question – Having been through two other separate interviews with Roche, none of the questions were any more difficult than the other two. The questions are generally thought provoking and open-ended, but if you are not prepared to answer such scenario questions, you most likely will be buried in any interview anymore.   Answer Question

Training Interview

Training
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Roche.

Interview Details – Interview process normal, but a bit disorganized.

Interview Question – Scenario-based, normal questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initially offered lower salary, but got what I asked for

Clinical Sales Specialist Interview

Clinical Sales Specialist
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Roche in May 2009.

Interview Details – Excellent rapport and exchange of information with the hiring manager. Very technical interview. Highly specific to medical field, selling techniques and problem solving.

Interview Question – How comfortable are you with developing new markets out of your home state?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and vacation pay. Achieved both

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Roche in April 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application that included my resume and a short essay about my future and long term goals. I then was interviewed multiple times by multiple people in multiple groups. My first interview was a 1:1 with a scientist in the genomics and oncology department. I then recieved an interview with a group of 5-7 women in various groups. Afterwords there was a 1:1 with a member of HR.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience studying the KRAS mutation.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Administrator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Roche.

Interview Details – I was contacted after about one month after I applied (I believe by HR). My first interview was with the hiring manager. I was late, unfortunately, however, it was not held against me. The questions were behavioral based, and also I was asked to take some tests.

Interview Question – Supervisor asked what would I do if a manager asked me to do something illegal.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The manager offered me more than what I required, but I am a modest person, so don't jeopardize your chances by asking for an unreasonable salary. I was presented an offer letter and happily signed!