Roche

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Roche.

Four interviews. One with recruiter for contractor (phone), one with Contractor supervisors, one with company supervisors which involves role-play scenarios, and one interview with upper management.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you did at your previous job which contributed to the business?   Answer Question
    Salary was offered, but not negotiated. It was higher than expected.

Group Manager Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Roche in January 2014.

Online application, phone screen by recruiter, then full day of interviews. 8 interviews, one hour each back to back.

Interview Questions
    • If I called your last two bosses, what would they say they did not like or appreciate about you or your work ethic?   Answer Question

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Roche.

Got referred internally to a hiring manager. Was contacted within a few weeks. Had 6 side by side one-to-one and two-to-one interviews, mostly one-to-one. Also included lunch-interview which was more informal. Met about 10 people.

Negotiated salary.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Roche.

very well organized and met a lot of knowlegeable people and they asked very good questions, it was a two round interview and each one was a great experience. i chose the company because of this

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Roche.

The initial communication and planning process went smoothly. There was a phone interview followed by a one-day of onsite interviews. One interview was with a group including junior staff. There were one-on-one interviews with the hiring manger, potential colleagues, and also senior leadership.

Interview Questions
    As it turned out, the HR person accepted my terms without the authority to do so! This was resolved with a signing bonus and a lower salary. After all, the total compensation package was what I was looking for.

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Roche.

Applied for the position through the internal job site. Received a call for a 1:1 interview in a reasonable time. First interview was a bit unorganized but did involve the hiring manager bringing in the department's other training consultant to explain the position in more detail.

Second interview was a panel interview with a mandatory 20 minute presentation. Spent a close to two hours answering several questions from several panel members. Presented training (topic: my choice) for exactly 20 minutes as requested.

Also, I had to take one of the awful "not right or wrong" personality tests. The tests that have been debunked for years of having any value whatsoever.

After a four-week period of this process, I was told they selected six people to interview, three for a second interview, and hired none of us. I found this out from a phone call from the manager telling me they were re-posting the position on the job site and heavily implied that I do not waste my time applying again.

Interview Questions
    • Having been through two other separate interviews with Roche, none of the questions were any more difficult than the other two. The questions are generally thought provoking and open-ended, but if you are not prepared to answer such scenario questions, you most likely will be buried in any interview anymore.   Answer Question

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Roche.

Interview process normal, but a bit disorganized.

Interview Questions
    Initially offered lower salary, but got what I asked for

Administrator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Roche.

I was contacted after about one month after I applied (I believe by HR). My first interview was with the hiring manager. I was late, unfortunately, however, it was not held against me. The questions were behavioral based, and also I was asked to take some tests.

Interview Questions
    • Supervisor asked what would I do if a manager asked me to do something illegal.   View Answer
    The manager offered me more than what I required, but I am a modest person, so don't jeopardize your chances by asking for an unreasonable salary. I was presented an offer letter and happily signed!

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Roche in April 2013.

I filled out an application that included my resume and a short essay about my future and long term goals. I then was interviewed multiple times by multiple people in multiple groups. My first interview was a 1:1 with a scientist in the genomics and oncology department. I then recieved an interview with a group of 5-7 women in various groups. Afterwords there was a 1:1 with a member of HR.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience studying the KRAS mutation.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Roche in April 2013.

Hired through a staffing agency. They first said they would have a date to interview. Then did not call for several months. Then interviewed. Then did call back for several months.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation at work that you have encountered.   View Answer

The company was not organized and did not seem like a cohesive place to work