Roche Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Roche.

Interview

very well organized and met a lot of knowlegeable people and they asked very good questions, it was a two round interview and each one was a great experience. i chose the company because of this

Principal Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Roche (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The initial communication and planning process went smoothly. There was a phone interview followed by a one-day of onsite interviews. One interview was with a group including junior staff. There were one-on-one interviews with the hiring manger, potential colleagues, and also senior leadership.

Interview Questions

• What compensation do you require?   1 Answer

Negotiation

As it turned out, the HR person accepted my terms without the authority to do so! This was resolved with a signing bonus and a lower salary. After all, the total compensation package was what I was looking for.

Training Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Roche (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Applied for the position through the internal job site. Received a call for a 1:1 interview in a reasonable time. First interview was a bit unorganized but did involve the hiring manager bringing in the department's other training consultant to explain the position in more detail.

Second interview was a panel interview with a mandatory 20 minute presentation. Spent a close to two hours answering several questions from several panel members. Presented training (topic: my choice) for exactly 20 minutes as requested.

Also, I had to take one of the awful "not right or wrong" personality tests. The tests that have been debunked for years of having any value whatsoever.

After a four-week period of this process, I was told they selected six people to interview, three for a second interview, and hired none of us. I found this out from a phone call from the manager telling me they were re-posting the position on the job site and heavily implied that I do not waste my time applying again.

Interview Questions

• Having been through two other separate interviews with Roche, none of the questions were any more difficult than the other two. The questions are generally thought provoking and open-ended, but if you are not prepared to answer such scenario questions, you most likely will be buried in any interview anymore.   Answer Question

Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Roche (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Interview process normal, but a bit disorganized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initially offered lower salary, but got what I asked for

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Roche.

Interview

I was contacted after about one month after I applied (I believe by HR). My first interview was with the hiring manager. I was late, unfortunately, however, it was not held against me. The questions were behavioral based, and also I was asked to take some tests.

Interview Questions

• Supervisor asked what would I do if a manager asked me to do something illegal.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The manager offered me more than what I required, but I am a modest person, so don't jeopardize your chances by asking for an unreasonable salary. I was presented an offer letter and happily signed!

Summer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Roche in May 2013.

Interview

They mainly asked behavioral questions, questions about me as a person. Also they asked about my past experience in the lab but mostly I truly feel my resume had already convinced them and they were just interviewing me as a formality. Be prepared to talk about what you wrote in your resume, but in general if you've gotten to the point of an in-person interview you are already very likely candidate and unless you try to do bad, you will know what to say. Be honest.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your major weaknesses?
      Where do you see yourself after graduating college?

Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Roche in April 2013.

Interview

Hired through a staffing agency. They first said they would have a date to interview. Then did not call for several months. Then interviewed. Then did call back for several months.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation at work that you have encountered.   1 Answer

The company was not organized and did not seem like a cohesive place to work

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Roche (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application that included my resume and a short essay about my future and long term goals. I then was interviewed multiple times by multiple people in multiple groups. My first interview was a 1:1 with a scientist in the genomics and oncology department. I then recieved an interview with a group of 5-7 women in various groups. Afterwords there was a 1:1 with a member of HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience studying the KRAS mutation.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Roche (Branchburg, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

I met with 5 different individuals. The interview was about 3 hours long. The first person was a senior leader who asked the most difficult questions. He asked some general interview questions but also tested my knowledge of chemistry by presenting me with questions from general chemistry.
    The next two people worked under the senior leaders and interviewed me as a group. They were very nice and friendly, asked general interview questions and talked to me more about the work that they do and more about this position.
    The next individual was also very nice and asked general interview questions like "what is your biggest weakness" and "give me an example of a conflict you had working in a group and how did you handle it".
    The final interviewer was the manager. She was extremely nice and asked general questions like "what are your thoughts about repetitive work?".

Interview Questions

• One of the group leaders stared asking me intricate general chemistry questions such as "if I had a pH of 12 and wanted to bring the pH to 7, what would I add?". I knew the answers but since I wasn't expecting such exam-like questions it kind of threw me off guard in the moment. So be prepared for such detailed and specific questions.   Answer Question

Senior Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Roche (Nutley, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

Resume review and full day interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Protracted