Roche

Updated Dec 1, 2014

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchburg, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchburg, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Roche in March 2013.

I met with 5 different individuals. The interview was about 3 hours long. The first person was a senior leader who asked the most difficult questions. He asked some general interview questions but also tested my knowledge of chemistry by presenting me with questions from general chemistry.
    The next two people worked under the senior leaders and interviewed me as a group. They were very nice and friendly, asked general interview questions and talked to me more about the work that they do and more about this position.
    The next individual was also very nice and asked general interview questions like "what is your biggest weakness" and "give me an example of a conflict you had working in a group and how did you handle it".
    The final interviewer was the manager. She was extremely nice and asked general questions like "what are your thoughts about repetitive work?".

Interview Questions
    • One of the group leaders stared asking me intricate general chemistry questions such as "if I had a pH of 12 and wanted to bring the pH to 7, what would I add?". I knew the answers but since I wasn't expecting such exam-like questions it kind of threw me off guard in the moment. So be prepared for such detailed and specific questions.   Answer Question

Senior Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nutley, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Roche in December 2012.

Resume review and full day interview

Protracted

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nutley, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Roche.

started with phone interview followed by day-long on-site interview with presentation

Interview Questions
    • scientific questions during presentation can be challenging.   Answer Question
    no negotiation needed for my case as i was happy with the offer and benefits package

Business Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Roche.

Was contacted by recruiter from staffing company, who met with me first and then scheduled the interviews promptly. Sat for interview first with my future direct supervisor, and then with another manager who would work closely with my future team (both back-to-back on same day). Interviews followed the STAR format and were very behavior-based. Spent more time on behavioral questions than on my actual resume/previous skills, although both interviewers were clearly familiar with my resume. Learned later that personality and perceived 'fit' with my future team were very important to the interviewers. Later, when I was moved from contractor to regular employee, I was interviewed again by the HR manager and the head of my department, although these interviews seemed more informal.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were really unexpected, if one is familiar with behavior-based interviews, but the toughest was: Describe a time when you had a conflict with a supervisor or co-worker, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Roche in September 2012.

Process took about a month. Two phone interviews, two in person interviews. Asked a lot of STAR type questions - Situation/Task/Action/Result. Most questions begin with....give me an example when... So be prepared with many scenarios. I interviewed with HR, the hiring manager, and a panel of supervisors/co-workers. Definitely helps to be referred by an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - all questions are behavioral based. Many questions are the same but just re-worded. Interview can be long and drawn out.   Answer Question
    HR was unwilling to negotiate on anything.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nutley, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Roche.

The interview process went smoothly and it was a warm and friendly atmosphere. My initial interview was three hours long and I was able to meet with my immediate supervisors and some of the administrative staff. I was contacted within about two weeks with a job offer, and I have been happily working at Roche for over twenty-two years. Roche is closing the Nutley site by end of 2013.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked for a difficult manager, and if so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    It went smoothly and I was very excited to become part of the Roche family.

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Roche in April 2012.

Phone Interview with HR, that covered my qualification for the job, cleared it and moved on to phone interview with hiring manger and team lead. This was also a phone interview which covered my recent experience, and also some technical questions. Then I was scheduled to interview on-site with Technical Sales Direction, Marketing Product Manager, and Technical team lead. The interview was set-up at different times with different team. Each team asked behavioral, technical, and leadership based questions. I spent about an hour with each team.

Interview Questions
    • Provide examples of how you handled customer situations.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Roche in April 2012.

I had mixed feelings about the phone interview. They asked questions about how my major may be relevant to the job. One of the questions they asked was "What will your daily job life be like?" In my opinion, shouldn’t they be the one to tell me what daily working life there is like instead of me guessing and hoping that I am saying what they want. They never told me when they would get back to me and I have no way of contacting them.

Sales Training Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Roche in March 2012.

My initial contact was with a recruiter for Roche, responding to my resume submission. After an excellent interview I was referred on to the next step; a phone interview with hiring manager. That interview also went very well after which I was invited in for a 1:1 interview. The day of the interview I again interviewed personally with the hiring manager, a peer with responsibility for a different segment within the group, a marketing team leader, and the director responsible for the entire group. Each of my interviews went exceedingly well. The problem that I have, and want disturbs me the most is that I made it perfectly clear in each step along the way that I did not possess a certain skill set. My skills related directly to the missing piece, but I was not a perfect fit. Each person I spoke with directly addressed this "gap" and indicated that it was not an issue. This was the case up until my interview with the director who determined that it was a big problem. My interview was terminated and I was not allowed to complete the presentation component. In the end, I respect the decision and it is probably for the best for everyone concerned. While I remain convinced that I would have excelled in the role; there seems to have been a major disconnect between the recruiter, the hiring manager, the team and the directors vision for the role. I am extremely disappointed by the process and it has left a poor impression of Roche. This is unfortunate because everyone with whom I interacted was extremely professional, highly intelligent, friendly and seemingly competent.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example of a difficult situation you encountered and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Project Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Roche in March 2012.

I applied to this job through Purdue's Career Office. I was not called for an interview until I reached out to the HR recruiter proactively. Once I contacted her, she called me and expedited an interview for me since I was actively interviewing with other companies. This was one of my most enjoyable interviews this year. I met with five people that day, twice in pairs and finally with the top decision maker one-on-one. They treated me very well almost like I was the only person they were considering for the position. The biggest thing that I did was to describe my passion for working at Roche.

Interview Questions
    • We are need of better tracking our financial spend on our R&D projects. Can you help us with that and how will you do so?   Answer Question