Roche

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Clinical Lab Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Roche in November 2014.

first had a phone interview, mostly filled with behavioural questions. Followed by a one on one interview with the hiring manager. I am yet to finish my one on one interview. so will keep you all posted on the following.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you had a conflict with the manager?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Roche in March 2014.

Long interview. Lots of detailed questions on how I responded to various situations in my previous job. Almost 2 hours. Then asked me if I had questions. My position is very team oriented so they asked me a lot about the teams I had worked with in the past. Told them about various experiences in workplace as well as university. Got back to me in a few weeks. Fun place to work. Salary is meh, people are cool and environment is lax.

Interview Questions
    • What is the first thing you do when you get a new cell phone?   View Answer
    I took a hometown discount since this was a position in my hometown. Here's hoping I can renegotiate soon. A lot of competitors are offering me better rates.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Roche in April 2013.

I filled out an application that included my resume and a short essay about my future and long term goals. I then was interviewed multiple times by multiple people in multiple groups. My first interview was a 1:1 with a scientist in the genomics and oncology department. I then recieved an interview with a group of 5-7 women in various groups. Afterwords there was a 1:1 with a member of HR.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience studying the KRAS mutation.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Roche in April 2012.

I had mixed feelings about the phone interview. They asked questions about how my major may be relevant to the job. One of the questions they asked was "What will your daily job life be like?" In my opinion, shouldn’t they be the one to tell me what daily working life there is like instead of me guessing and hoping that I am saying what they want. They never told me when they would get back to me and I have no way of contacting them.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Roche in November 2011.

1st - phone interview with the hiring manager. Then invited to the company for a panel interview with 10 directors. VERY unorganized! HR person wasn't prepared to meet with me. Had to walk to each director's office. Everyone seemed preoccupied and uninterested. No lunch offered for a 7hr interview.

Interview Questions
    • Microbiology isn't bringing in the most revenue for the company. What will you do if that group is cancelled? Leave?   Answer Question

Interview was very unorganized. Walked to each director's office and many were unprepared. Interviewed though lunch without any offer of food. Hiring manager offered to show me where the vending machine was. Never met anyone I would work with directly.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Roche in October 2010.

Interview process began with a phone screen with HR, then an in-person interview that lasted 6 hours. Panel for in-person interview consisted of many managers and potential same-level co-workers. Questions asked were not difficult. They mainly focused on previous background (education and previous work experience).

Interview Questions
    Difficult to negotiate. HR representative presenting offer was difficult to reason.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Roche in November 2009.

Through Adecco I applied and interviewed for temporary contract position. The interview consisted of 4 one on one interviews. Some of the interviewers leaned more towards describing the position with a few questions. One had a list of standard interview questions and asked about 10 of them. One was a discussion of past experience and skills. Overall it was a long morning but a positive experience and everyone was nice.

Interview Questions
    • Descibe a situation in which you had a conflict with another worker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you problem solved and attained a goal.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were handled by Adecco.