Roche Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Oct 6, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Telesales - Accuchek Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burgess Hill, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Roche in May 2014.

I applied through a recruitment agency and got an interview within a few days. When I arrived I was given a 'personality test' to complete by the receptionist. This involved having groups of 4 words to choose from and you had to select which was most like you and which was one least like you. They were things like 'aggressive' 'even tempered' 'competitive' 'laid back' etc. At times it was tough as sometimes all 4 words would be quite negative, and I found myself putting what I thought they wanted to hear rather than the truth. I then went into the interview which was held by 2 people. They were friendly and it wasn't as corporate as I expected. They asked me to talk through the last few years of my CV, they did ask why I left all my old workplaces. They then asked me questions, some on what I knew about the product I'd be selling, a little about what I knew about the company, why do I want to work there, the usual things. I had prepared for lots of competency based questions and they didn't ask me any! Other questions were "have you ever implemented a change in the workplace that was successful" "and have you implemented one that was unsuccessful" "where would you like your career to go" "what is your ideal working environment". It was quite relaxed, but I didn't feel they asked me questions which showed my full potential. The offices are big, modern and really nice, I was looking forward to using the free onsite gym but I got the impression it was quite a boring place to work, the people seemed very nicey nicey and not very outgoing.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between sales and customer service?   View Answer

Medical Director Interview

Phone interview followed by face to face. Pretty straightforward review of experience and reasons for leaving current and choosing Roche.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation. Salary offered on a take it or leave it basis.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burgess Hill, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Roche.

2 step interview.

First interview is a screening interview with the hiring manager and an HR Manager

Second interview will include a presentation by you on a topic given by the hiring sales manager. You are usually given at least a week to prepare. There will usually be a 2 sale managers or a manager and a business area director present.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think this interview is going?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a better pay offer but I did not get what I wanted or expected.

Graduate Regulatory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Roche in September 2012.

Cover and CV online; Invitation to Assessment Center; Presentation, group task and 1-2-1 interview with two managers- A bit of a long winded process however they only choose 6 to come to the graduate assessment day. Some of the people there were PhD students and international students.

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Roche in June 2010.

Met with the Hiring manager, standard personality, problem solving, project management and technical interview
    followed by HR grilling

Overall pretty straight forward just ensure you have lot examples to back your answers

negotiated was offered a tiny bit more

Hospital Sales Specialist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Roche in May 2009.

I was contacted at short notice to attend an interview at their HQ in Welwyn Garden City, having applied directly for a post via their website, not through a third party agency. Although it was difficult to organise time off, as I'm in a busy full time job- and a long drive- I knew that it would be a worthwhile experience. I'm in the NHS, trying to return to pharma (where I started my career several years ago) and have felt hampered by not having the ABPI or recent product sales experience, even for non promotional roles. It was refreshing to see recruitment handled directly, and to meet the line manager straight away, rather than at the final stage of an agency led process.

The questions were well thought through and I didn't feel at a disadvantage not having recent selling experience. They seemed open to new approaches and viewpoints, particularly from a PCT commissioner (which is what I do). I had plenty of opportunity to ask direct questions and had done some research by talking to company reps I know in other areas.

Although I didn't get the post as there was a better qualified candidate on the day, I was given some very useful advice and encouragement (which would've been hard to find out on my own). I learnt a lot and will continue to apply for posts with the company- the high calibre of their reps is reflected in that of their national/ senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • If I had some funding available for training for your development, what would your line manager say it'd be good for you to do?   View Answer

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Roche in September 2007.

After I was made aware of vacancy through a friend, I applied via a link on the careers site and they arranged an interview a week after. I was interviewed by two seniors members of staff and asked to provide examples of situations and how I reacted to the challenges

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a large overwhelming set of task?   View Answer