Rochester General Health System

Updated Nov 9, 2014
Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.4

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rochester General Health System.

You can apply online for specific jobs through the website, but I as a new nurse also spoke to the recruiter about what areas of the hospital might interest me. I interviewed on a few different floors. For each I met with the manager, shadowed on the floor for a few hours, and did a peer interview with nurses and techs from the floor. There was a list of questions that each of the floors chose from and I never got the same one twice. Most of them were about what you would do in certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation where a patient/family was upset and how you handled it. It was difficult as a new nurse coming in because I only had experience as a student. I hadn't de-escalated any situations with patients yet.   Answer Question

Business Office Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rochester General Health System.

I did not have to go through the whole interview process because I started off as a Temp and the manger I was working for hired me so I didn't have an interview I just went to the class for new hires

I declined the first time because I was getting paid more as a Temp then what they were offering me but after three tries I finally said yes because they finally offered me more then the Temp agency

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rochester General Health System.

Hiring process has changed since my interview. Today, after a successful initial interview with Nurse Manager, she will then forward your application to a peer interview team. They will conduct an interview (with pre-set questions) and give recommendation to NM.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions given, looking for good customer oriented answers.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rochester General Health System.

The interview process was straight forward. The initial contact was a fifteen minute telephone interview, followed by an interview with two department heads which lasted close to an hour. The last interview was a panel interview with four department employees. The company really emphasizes how a candidates personality meshes with the team.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't difficult, it was just hard to gauge how I was performing with the panel. Basic preparation should give prospective employees a leg up in a RGHS interview.   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rochester General Health System in November 2011.

The interview is usually only one. Is a peer interview. Please dont be intimidated by it. The peers are just there to read questions. Their imput is not usually considered. There seems to be a diconnect between hr. Because they take forever to get you into orientation. Which is another painful experiance.

Interview Questions
    • All scenario questions . What would you do if .... or have you experienced this...   View Answer
    None . You take what they offer or they will find some one who will. Experiance is irrelevant to them. But you will love them once hired.

Valet Parking Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rochester General Health System in April 2011.

I first had a interview with the 2 supervisors of the department then on with team leaders, a couple weeks after that i was offered the position and went through background check and then a drug test and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • DEscribe a situation where u went above and beyond to help a customer out   Answer Question

Access Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rochester General Health System in February 2011.

I received a phone call from the Lead Access Associate in the office asking me to go in for an interview with the manager. I was told during the initial interview that I would be called back for a peer interview. About a week after the initial interview I received a phone call asking me to go back for the peer interview. I was interviewed by two Access Associates with whom I would be working, if hired. A few days later, I received a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly the standard behavioral interview questions. I didn't find any of the questions difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was being brought in on a per diem basis and the amount they offered was significantly higher than I had previously been making, so I didn't negotiate.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rochester General Health System in January 2008.

Applied online. Got a phone screening about 2 months later. Then got another call to set up interview with manager. Did very well, got offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • your basic interview question. Plus, customer satisfaction questions and software usage for insurance billing.   Answer Question

Practice Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rochester General Health System in March 2011.

Interviewed by Administrator of affiliate, Nurse Manager of Service Line, Medical Director of Service Line. Also involved a peer interview. All were pleasant, professional and very kind. Felt very comfortable in peer interview as they really asked pertinent, behavior based questions.

Interview Questions
    • there weren't any that I found difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    The administrator actually negotiated on my behalf as she wanted to bring me in at the highest possible salary.