Rochester Software Associates Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rochester Software Associates

Software Developer Intern Java/Unix Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rochester Software Associates.

Applied at career fair. Initial email was sent requesting logistical info like ability to travel downtown, salary expectations, knowledge of certain technologies. Had no telephonic round. Called directly onsite for hr and technical Interview one hour each. HR interview was standard hr fare. Pretty straight forward. Technical round was mostly Java interview questions because of the position. Static classes, final keyword, inheritance, abstract class vs interface, deep equivalence vs shell equivalence. Had a couple of code correction challenges related to synchronization. One relatively easy puzzle.

Interview Questions
    • The puzzle question. Was a brain teaser but you can apply common sense and work it out.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate since it was a coop

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rochester Software Associates in February 2012.

I was contacted within a week after applying online. I was sent a list of questions ("describe a situation where you ...", etc) After a phone interview I was brought in for an in person interview with HR then I was given a written test of Unix questions and met with several technical managers, it took about 2 1/2 hours. The next week I was brought back for another 2 hour interview, with several more managers and some other Analysts. All the managers seemed to reasonable to work with and the Analysts seemed happy to be there. I thought it went well but I haven't heard from them since, and HR didn't return my call.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions, just many questions with many people.   Answer Question

Worked for Rochester Software Associates? Contribute to the Community!