Rock Candy Media

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rock Candy Media in October 2012.

One of the most important questions is whether you are easily offended. The casual environment means there is a lot of political incorrectness. Make sure to dress well. Not flip-flops. You will be disqualified immediately. Wearing a backpack also doesn't help, though I did.

Another tip: send them your resume through their online careers form now. The boss likes when someone has already applied for a job, and when a position opens up, they go through those resumes before they ever post the job.

If you don't get an email back from them, it's because they are very busy.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think about Rock Candy Media?   View Answer
Often the job will start at a lower salary or wage with the chance to get a raise 3 months later. That's no BS - you will probably get that raise if you're a good fit. I negotiated the salary up, but lower than I'd hoped. A year later I was making almost twice as much.