Rock-Tenn

Very Easy Interview

Structural Designer Interview

Structural Designer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rock-Tenn in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview that only lasted about 30 minutes before being asked to come in for a face to face, Face to Face Interview was short and quick, about an hour.. Asked questions about past work, experience in design and also the program. Fairly easy interview on questions.

Interview Question – No difficult at all. Wasn't sure if he even cared and just wanted someone in becuase the whole process took about 1.5 weeks from Phone Interview to offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to get relocation help but still had to use own money until I reached the relocation assistant after a month of working (took longer than a month thanks to HR forgetting)

Logistics Specialist Interview

Logistics Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Rock-Tenn.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter that the hiring manager was intersted. Didn't hear anything for about a month. That a call and had a phone interview and didn't hear anything for another month and a half. Received another call to have a one on one interview. The interview was 2 hours long and I only spoke about 15 minutes of it. No questions asked other than am I ready to work a lot of hours. Finally offered a position 4 months after the initial contact by the recruiter.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult or unexpected during the interview process. I felt that the 2 hour one on one position for a non management role was excessive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had an offer which they countered with a lower salary. The salary was stil more than I was currently making with a thought process that advancement was promising so I took the offer. Email and phone conversation to discuss the offer.

Very Easy Interview

Data Entry Interview

Data Entry

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Rock-Tenn.

Interview Details – Applied December, interviewed in March, 3 week wait for decision, Few questions pertaining to the job, long interview with repetitive meaningless questions. Asked to demonstrate some excel proficiency.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, run of the mill questions   Answer Question

Design Assistant Interview

Design Assistant
Aston, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rock-Tenn in October 2013.

Interview Details – Quick and to the point. If they're looking for a employee and they call you in chances are you've got the job.

Negotiation Details – Didn't think to negotiate since it was my first design based job.

Interviewed at Rock-Tenn

Interview Details – Several Tests prior to interview. Interview is a board format. It is quite a long hiring process but it is definitely worth the wait. The compensation is very good. The interview process was very professional at all times.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was already set

Entry Level Systems Engineer Interview

Entry Level Systems Engineer

Interviewed at Rock-Tenn

Interview Details – Originally met recruit from company via a school sponsored career fair, and was later contacted via phone call and scheduled an interview soon after. The interview was conducted by two people, both engineers. They explained the basis of the company and described their daily routines, however the specific position that was up for taking was not explained as well. During the interview, both interviewers asked a series of basic situational and decision questions, nothing technical, but it the questioning process was somewhat long.

Interview Question – The amount of situational questions was unexpected and felt never ending.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Rock-Tenn in June 2009.

Interview Details – Entry testing and drug testing.

Interview Question – Goals and projects for my up coming life.   View Answer

Manufacturing Interview

Manufacturing

Interviewed at Rock-Tenn

Interview Details – Rock-Tenn started using temp services as their go-to hiring process. They also promised more jobs than they could deliver and worked the temps till time to be hired, then fired them and started the whole process all over again in a way to prevent paying benefits.

QA Auditor Interview

QA Auditor

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Rock-Tenn in June 2012.

Interview Details – meeting with HR and QA managers

Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Rock-Tenn in January 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interview then a a physical including a drug test and background check

Interview Question – what are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation it was a take it or leave it deal

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rock-Tenn

Worked for Rock-Tenn? Contribute to the Community!