Rockefeller University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015
Updated Mar 8, 2015

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rockefeller University.

Interview

Interview was fairly neutral, apart from the fact that the interviewer did not answer any of my questions about the institution effectively and was fairly vague about the type of work involved. Asked me to talk about what I wanted to get out of the 1-2 year research assistant program and how long of a period I could commit to.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to talk about my undergraduate research and explain its relevance.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

The application process is fundamentally the same as every grad school. You fill in the application form and submit the supporting materials through the online system; similar to every graduate school; No interview required for making a decision; Accepted students are invited to attend an open-house session.

Research Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rockefeller University in September 2014.

Interview

I was there for nearly 4 hours ( about 40 minutes of that was waiting time, because I got there about 15 minutes early). however they tell you to leave 2-3 hours for the interview process. It was a 5 part process:

1) go to HR to fill our paperwork (basically filling in something similar to the online application
    2) meet with HR person (about 20- 25 minutes) to get an overview of you, your interests, your expectations, your educational background, what the institution has to offer etc (not position specific)
    3) meet with department head ( about 1 hour and a half - 2 hours ) - this is specific to the position, so this is where you get into the details of why you're there, why you would want the position, previous research you've done, position responsibilities, etc.
    4) tour of the lab/ facility and meeting with other people in the lab (abut another hour) to get an idea of what they do, how they like it there, more of an on-the-ground look into the day-to-day of the lab, etc.
    5) return to HR ( 10- 15 minutes) to give your impressions of the interview process, what the position has to offer, etc.

None of the questions were particularly difficult, but it was definitely a lengthy process

Interview Questions

• There was nothing really difficult or unexpected. In HR they asked if I would be okay working with animals and/or stem cells p. which was unexpected because the position that I applied for doesn't work with either in a direct way.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straight forward.

Assistant Technology Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the job online initially and received a call from HR the next day to set up an interview. The interview was with the Director of my department. Questions were very straightforward and less technical than I expected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate the pay.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straight forward/easy interview process. I was interviewed by two people. The questions were all general interview questions. There was nothing that would catch anyone whose previously been on an interview off guard. Applied and got hired a month later.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected. All the general questions you would find at any interview.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rockefeller University.

Interview

The process took one day and was held at my university's career services office.

Interview Questions

• What are all the techniques you have performed in lab?   Answer Question

Interview

HR interview. had applied through university career services. Warm personality of the interviewer. Asked how working in Rockefeller would benefit your career? What techniques have you learnt in every project you worked on so far?

Interview Questions

• Do you think you have the ability to carry out techniques which you haven't worked on so far?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

It consists of speaking to the lab head about your research interest, meeting and chatting with each lab member and then giving a presentation of the work you did during your Ph.D. They will also take you to a nice lunch with lab members, and maybe a dinner with lab head and his wife.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockefeller University (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

A sit down interview with questions such as why Rockefeller, interest in graduate school, research interest