Rockfish Interactive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Client Account Manager Interview

Senior Client Account Manager
Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rockfish Interactive in February 2012.

Interview Details – Rockfish has an HR team at their home office in AR who reviews all applications and then if selected, a phone interview is scheduled. It was pretty basic and was more about culture, team work, etc. Not very into company and what job would entail. Did a good job explaining culture and people and future of company.

At that point, if selected, you go in for an interview. Office is nice and seemed like an energetic place. I wished my interviewer asked me more questions. She tended to tell me about the company and did very little to try to get to know me and my background as it was very similar to the position they were hiring for but wouldn't take the time to get to know me. I interview well, or at least have thought so since been offered jobs in the past from first interview and I tend to stay with companies a while, so not a job hopper who just interviews and then quits. I think the person I interviewed with is no longer there and actually left shortly thereafter.

After the interview, I did get a call back from HR letting me know they did not think my skills were a good fit. Although it was disappointing, I cannot begin to tell you how nice this was to have this kind of follow up and was very appreciative. I had applied on a whim and was not in need of a job, so I chalked it up to not the right opportunity for me.

Hopefully in other interviews, they asked more about skills and how they could be applied to their company.

Interview Question – There really was not any hard questions. Very basic. This may only be indicative of my interviewer, so don't take it as the normal process.   Answer Question

Development Intern Interview

Development Intern
Fayetteville, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rockfish Interactive in April 2011.

Interview Details – They came for a presentation, turned in a resume and got a call the next day. On site interview within a week and the questions were not hard. They were super friendly. They ask a lot of related questions regarding your resume.

Interview Question – There wasn't any super hard questions. They do ask a few programming ones.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rockfish Interactive in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to Rockfish online for a Recruiter position they had posted. To my surprise, I received a email to set up a phone interview the next day! I was very excited because I felt I matched what they were looking for and also felt, being a marketing major, I had experience in what they do as a company. I am familiar with technology (having worked at a software firm), SEO, social media and software development. I had what I thought was a great first phone interview with one of the 2 recruiters at the company. We talked for about 45-50 minutes. The next step was a second phone interview with her colleague which I had about a week later. These were both phone interviews because I was located in a different state than both of the recruiters I talked to. The second interview I thought also went well. The second one was a little more structured in terms of the types of questions, and I don't think I hit it off as well with this recruiter, but still she was nice and I felt I did a good job. Overall I think they would have been a great company to work for had I gotten an offer. However, I was contacted by the first person I spoke with and she said they were looking for someone with more experience. I thanked her for her time and I do truly think had I had more experience I would have fit in well with this team. I believe the recruiters at Rockfish are open, honest and friendly, the way a recruiter should be! I would definitely interview with them again if they wanted me to!

Interview Question – Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Client Account Manager, Technology Manager, Strategist Interview

Client Account Manager, Technology Manager, Strategist
Rogers, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rockfish Interactive in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for several positions. I received a call from their recruiter who initially asked a few questions concerned several jobs they had open. It went well, so a second phone interview was scheduled. More questions about the perfect job, choice of 3 departments, fit, why, what salary range I was seeking. Invited for an in-person interview next. I went in, was intervied briefly by someone who had started working there two months earlier. Seemed to go well, left. Scheduled for another phone interview. That interview went horribly. The person was in a nosiy location, could not hear a word I said, I could barely hear him and he had absolutely NOTHING to ask me. I looked him up on LinkedIn so I asked him a few questions to try to get things going, he was moving to their Cincinnati office, we talked about my college, but it was clear he had zero interest in participating. His LinkedIn Profile revealed he also had just started working there two months earlier.

Interview Question – No difficult questions at all.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockfish Interactive in May 2011.

Interview Details – Went smooth. Asked a few basic questions about my resume. Was pretty relaxed and comfortable. Only took 20 minutes, and asked personality based questions. Asked about strengths and weaknesses and about previous job experience. Also asked what I could do for the company if I got the internship. Got a call the next week letting me know.

Interview Question – What could you provide for the company?   Answer Question

Intern Web Developer Interview

Intern Web Developer
Rogers, AR

The process took a day - interviewed at Rockfish Interactive in March 2010.

Interview Details – Just a general phone interview and face-to-face was just personality testing. absolutely no technical interview, probably coz, this was for an internship.

Interview Question – leadership qulities, any instances. etc etc   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rockfish Interactive.

Interview Details – Easy one on one interviews over the course of a couple of meetings. The interview team made me feel very welcomed and I was able to meet with people from several different functions. I liked that part.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was tell me about the best prank you've ever played on anyone.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was very easy because we had been discussing all the key points well before I ever got to the interview stage. And, the person who gave me the offer was very willing to listen to my key negotiation points and work together to get to where we needed to be.

Worked for Rockfish Interactive? Contribute to the Community!