Rockstar Games

Relevance Date Difficulty

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Rockstar Games.

Interview Details – I applied online through a job seeking portal. The next day I was contacted and ask to complete a technical design test in 24 hours. The technical part of the test was exceedingly easy for anyone with even a basic knowledge of game programming, while the design part was a lot more subjective. A few days after I completed the test and sent it back, with a request for feedback on the test regardless of whether I passed, I was contacted again and told that they thought I "would not make a good fit". I e-mailed them back and thanked them and again asked for feedback, but never got a response.

Interview Question – The most difficult question on the test was to write a simple Finite State Machine for a door control AI.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rockstar Games in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and they responded by e-mail the very next day. Sent a skills test that I had 24 hours to complete. The test was fairly easy, very basic programming questions, it took two hours at most and I was confident in my answers. I sent it back and received a generic rejection the same day. When I asked if they had any feedback, I got no response. A little annoyed that I spent the time on their test for seemingly no reason.

Interview Question – Use pseudocode to write a state machine that opens/closes a door based on whether it's locked or not.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Rockstar Games? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockstar Games interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Rockstar Games employees and interview candidates.