Rockwell Automation

Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in October 2014.

On campus interview at first. I had made a good contact at an info session, so on campus was just show up and answer a few basic questions about preferences, etc. Was told I would be getting a second round right there. It's really good if you talk about some of their products, especially if you have used them before.

On site interview was actually really fun. For day 1, company and job presentations followed by engineering Olympics, basic intro engineering team building activities. I had a lot of fun with my team. Then it was a social hour. Your interviewers are there, so the key is to talk to them and show that you are a fun person. Also, there are many other Rockwell employees, so it is also good to talk to them and get your name know. The more you network, the better. Day two was 4 one-on-one interviews. Basic behavioral questions. A few situation questions like how would you handle an angry customer? What if you showed up on site and they rescheduled your work, but wanted you to stay and work on something else?

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with equipment that you are unfamiliar with?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because I received a higher paying offer from a company with more future potential. Had I not gotten the other offer, I would have accepted this one. The other job was a long shot that I didn't think I would get.

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Automation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in October 2012.

I heard about RA from a current employee who thought I would be a good candidate. I was referred to a the manager of the engineers for my primary interview. After applying online in the University Connection section, and with my recommendation from the first interview, I was flown to Milwaukee, WI for the Rockwell Round Robin Interviews.

The first day of the round robin was a series of information sessions followed by an "Engineering Olympics" with team-oriented tasks to complete and finally a dinner + reception. The second day was a round robin interview session with four interviews in a three-hour time slot.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you did not get along with your superior. What did they do that you didn't like, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2012.

Hiring in an interview process, three interviews, firs with HHRR, Second with Service Manager and last with Region manager. very professional at all

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in January 2010.

The interview was behavioral based. Just general questions, to see how I may fit in the company.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in August 2009.

Got the interview via a headhunter. It consisted of two rounds. Pretty straightforward. Technical questions by a panel of senior members. The offer came back pretty soon.

No negotiation