Rockwell Automation

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview Details – I first became interested in Rockwell at an event they held on my campus where I gave them my resume. A couple weeks later I received an email about setting up a phone interview. This was a pretty basic interview - just discussed my resume and their products/what they do at Rockwell. I then was contacted for an on-site interview which lasted about 3 hours. This consisted of two technical interviews, a tour, and lunch at their facility. The interviews weren't too difficult and mostly covered some basic data structures and other questions about object oriented programming.

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was a 2 person interview with standard questions,highly inquisitive about knowledge of control and low voltage systems. GPA as well as coursework were major factors. They wanted to know if I had any proficiency with Oracle, then if I would have any qualms about learning the software. One of the interviewers was a Senior Project Manager while the second was from HR.

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself after completing college?"   Answer Question

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on campus and then got a campus interview with basic questions about my resume, experience, etc. After that I had a phone interview with more questions about experience and why did I choose my major. After those two interviews I got an offer.

Interview Question – If you could be anyone (living or dead), who would you want to be and why?   Answer Question

Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very good, happened quite fast and had great support from HR. As a college student, I ended up interviewing in late May, so they seemed to have expedited the whole process to make sure I would start my internship on time. The interview itself consisted of one HR generalist and two employees from the department in which my position was listed for. Had a good time answering questions because it was a very relaxed environment, I did not feel pressured and the people were very friendly.

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses and how are you working on them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation available, but there is not much to negotiate as an intern, so this is perfectly fine.

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in May 2011.

Interview Details – 3 separate people interviewed me for three separate positions. An offer was made a week later. Your usual interview questions were asked: What would you do in such and such a situation? Describe your best boss. Describe your weaknesses. Get an interview cheat sheet from your local job office, write down your answers and you'll be prepared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was hired as a FT employee later and was unable to negotiate then too.

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in April 2013.

Interview Details – Online submission, internal referals and on campus recruiting. Got my offer on April 2013 and the process was pretty smooth, everything was all set on the first day of working. Laptop, IBM Lotus, E-mail, phone, supervisor, paycheck,

Interview Question – How would you rank these   Answer Question

Intern

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of a 2 rounds; 1 on campus and another on-site. On-site interview was conducted by a group of employees. They were very friendly and interested in learning more about hands-on experience.
Provided clear ideas about the job profile.
Was asked to explain projects listed on the resume in detail.
Was asked about experience in computer 3D modeling softwares.

Interview Question – Talk about projects mentioned on your that are relevant to what we do   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rockwell Automation

Worked for Rockwell Automation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockwell Automation Intern interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rockwell Automation employees and interview candidates.