Rockwell Automation Interview Questions

2.9

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Automation.

I saw the post on LinkedIn which led me to apply at their website. I got an E-mail within the week, set up an interview for the next week then got an offer the morning after my interview. The interview was with 4 engineering managers and 1 person from HR, half an hour with each. I say know your op amps and capacitors.

Interview Questions
    • op amps and capacitors! IV characteristics, ideal characteristics.... some transistor questions. tell me about high school?   Answer Question

Analyst, Supply Chain Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, 4 hours of interviews with people I've never spoken with since. STAR format. If you're in a non-technical role, just know a few corporate buzzwords and you'll be fine until you get to the person who actually knows what the role entails, which is where you'll have to prove your worth.

If you get an offer, make sure you negotiate more to offset the cost of benefits and how little they actually cover.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a problem that you suspect other had already encountered and solved, how would you go about fixing it?   View Answer

EIT Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Applied online through the careers webpage. Received an email asking to set up a phone interview about a week later. Had a phone interview with them took about an hour. Fairly straightforward questions about resume and past experiences. They let me know it would be about 3 weeks until I hear back. Waiting to hear back.

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Seemed like a very interesting company. Engineers seemed to run the show, which makes since... Overall positive experience and would recommend if this type of technology interests you, it just wasn't my thing.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't a difficult interview if your prepared. They had an engineer and manager interviewing me at the same time, which you could tell each of their concerns and what they were focused on by the questions asked. Great interview experience!   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Campus Career Fair

Basic resume based interview and situational HR. The interviewer was friendly and helpful. There was a comfortable vibe in the room. But they basically hire through online applications.

Systems Architect Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Pig ignorant. Disrespectful interview process (not even a coffee!) and made me come back twice at very short notice. HR guy called me up to say they would make me an offer, then after they found out my current base - nothing. Not a thanks for coming in, nothing. Refused to give me any feedback and to cap it off got a pig ignorant 'don't call us' email from the office manager.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of very vague 'what would you do'' type questions without any kind of framing or background. When I tried to get some context I got the 'it's a secret so we can't tell you' type answers.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer, Power Electronics Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in January 2015.

I received a mail for the phone screening. The questions were mostly from the projects that were in my resume. The interviewer noted down the details of the projects as I said. I was sent a video interview link with pre-recorded questions. However I stumbled too much in my video recording and was not selected for the next round.

Interview Questions
    • "what is your experience working with IGBT?", "What are the simulation software you have used?"   Answer Question

Finance Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Initial phone interview, then an office interview. Office interview was a two day process. Day one was learning about the company with a social and dinner at the end of the day. Day two was two interviews, both with two Rockwell employees and a group case study with 4 other people interviewing with 5 Rockwell employees observing.

No negotiation.

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in October 2014.

On campus interview at first. I had made a good contact at an info session, so on campus was just show up and answer a few basic questions about preferences, etc. Was told I would be getting a second round right there. It's really good if you talk about some of their products, especially if you have used them before.

On site interview was actually really fun. For day 1, company and job presentations followed by engineering Olympics, basic intro engineering team building activities. I had a lot of fun with my team. Then it was a social hour. Your interviewers are there, so the key is to talk to them and show that you are a fun person. Also, there are many other Rockwell employees, so it is also good to talk to them and get your name know. The more you network, the better. Day two was 4 one-on-one interviews. Basic behavioral questions. A few situation questions like how would you handle an angry customer? What if you showed up on site and they rescheduled your work, but wanted you to stay and work on something else?

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with equipment that you are unfamiliar with?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because I received a higher paying offer from a company with more future potential. Had I not gotten the other offer, I would have accepted this one. The other job was a long shot that I didn't think I would get.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Just answer some safety questions, two engineer and one manager interview at the same time. I went to the onsite directly as i leave very close the place in chicago

Interview Questions
    • never hands on some of the manufacturing tools before, but they just asked   Answer Question