Rockwell Automation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Tag team of interviewers, one at a time. The normal, uninsightful type of questions to prove what you did, how you handled situations, etc. Text book style questioning.

Interview Questions

• The normal, uninsightful type of questions to prove what you did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then an onsite if selected after that. Interviews were around a week in between. They were very nice in their interview and the questions were pretty straight forward like I had imagined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a struggle you had in a work related job and how you handled it   1 Answer

Lead, Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview to determine mutual interest and fit for the position and company overall. Screener asked most of the questions, mainly looking for behavioral responses. When I asked about reporting structure, department size, etc., screener was helpful and informative.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a situation in which you demonstrated peer to peer influence.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

Panel, many question some not related to work. People interviewed, when you know them later are different ... like a "automation divas". So, how to deal with people that have less, but menu less experience than you. People that even has a passport?

Interview Questions

• Are you married? Have children?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

I met with a group from their warehouse floor. It was mostly the general manager asking questions with occasional questions from the other guys. Most questions were about my work history and past accomplishments. No disruptive interview tactics were used. This was followed by a technical exam and a hands on test.

Interview Questions

• Can you work late and on weekends? (they were pushy about this)   1 Answer

I didn't want to work long hours with low pay.

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

I saw the post on LinkedIn which led me to apply at their website. I got an E-mail within the week, set up an interview for the next week then got an offer the morning after my interview. The interview was with 4 engineering managers and 1 person from HR, half an hour with each. I say know your op amps and capacitors.

Interview Questions

• op amps and capacitors! IV characteristics, ideal characteristics.... some transistor questions. tell me about high school?   Answer Question

Analyst, Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, 4 hours of interviews with people I've never spoken with since. STAR format. If you're in a non-technical role, just know a few corporate buzzwords and you'll be fine until you get to the person who actually knows what the role entails, which is where you'll have to prove your worth. If you get an offer, make sure you negotiate more to offset the cost of benefits and how little they actually cover.

Interview Questions

• If you had a problem that you suspect other had already encountered and solved, how would you go about fixing it?   1 Answer

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2015.

Interview

One of my friends forwarded the position which led me to apply at their website. I got an E-mail within the week, set up an interview for the next week then got an offer the morning after my interview. The interview was with 2 managers. The interviewers kept the interview professional and asked me questions to ensure I was the right fit for the projects they were working on.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself, Questions related to my work, What is MINLP programming? What are some drawbacks of machine learning.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not think of negotiating.

EHS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview only, offer the next day. Guy was very excited to talk about what he was doing, a little all over the place but the energy was great. I'm not good with phones (hearing issues) but this actually turned out ok!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the offer was pretty astonishingly large, compared to what I'd been paid before. (55% than my last job)

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2015.

Interview

Waited about 3 weeks to hear back from them. Received an e-mail directly from supervisor engineer to set up a phone interview. Phone Interview was 30 minutes: History of company, some questions about my projects and experiences, my turn to ask questions. Possible invite for on site interview but never went anywhere.