Rockwell Automation Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2015

2.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

Panel, many question some not related to work. People interviewed, when you know them later are different ... like a "automation divas". So, how to deal with people that have less, but menu less experience than you. People that even has a passport?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

I met with a group from their warehouse floor. It was mostly the general manager asking questions with occasional questions from the other guys. Most questions were about my work history and past accomplishments. No disruptive interview tactics were used. This was followed by a technical exam and a hands on test.

Interview Questions

• Can you work late and on weekends? (they were pushy about this)   1 Answer

I didn't want to work long hours with low pay.

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Automation (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

I saw the post on LinkedIn which led me to apply at their website. I got an E-mail within the week, set up an interview for the next week then got an offer the morning after my interview. The interview was with 4 engineering managers and 1 person from HR, half an hour with each. I say know your op amps and capacitors.

Interview Questions

• op amps and capacitors! IV characteristics, ideal characteristics.... some transistor questions. tell me about high school?   Answer Question

Analyst, Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, 4 hours of interviews with people I've never spoken with since. STAR format. If you're in a non-technical role, just know a few corporate buzzwords and you'll be fine until you get to the person who actually knows what the role entails, which is where you'll have to prove your worth.

If you get an offer, make sure you negotiate more to offset the cost of benefits and how little they actually cover.

Interview Questions

• If you had a problem that you suspect other had already encountered and solved, how would you go about fixing it?   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2015.

Interview

Waited about 3 weeks to hear back from them. Received an e-mail directly from supervisor engineer to set up a phone interview.

Phone Interview was 30 minutes: History of company, some questions about my projects and experiences, my turn to ask questions.

Possible invite for on site interview but never went anywhere.

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2015.

Interview

One of my friends forwarded the position which led me to apply at their website. I got an E-mail within the week, set up an interview for the next week then got an offer the morning after my interview. The interview was with 2 managers. The interviewers kept the interview professional and asked me questions to ensure I was the right fit for the projects they were working on.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself, Questions related to my work, What is MINLP programming? What are some drawbacks of machine learning.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not think of negotiating.

EHS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview only, offer the next day. Guy was very excited to talk about what he was doing, a little all over the place but the energy was great. I'm not good with phones (hearing issues) but this actually turned out ok!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the offer was pretty astonishingly large, compared to what I'd been paid before. (55% than my last job)

EIT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

Applied online through the careers webpage. Received an email asking to set up a phone interview about a week later. Had a phone interview with them took about an hour. Fairly straightforward questions about resume and past experiences. They let me know it would be about 3 weeks until I hear back. Waiting to hear back.

Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rockwell Automation (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

The first round interview was short, which was only 15 minutes. It was basically behavioral interview. The interviewer asked pretty much about what will you do under a certain scenario. The environment was good, which did not let me feel stressful. She also asked me if I have any experience related to automation.

Interview Questions

• How will you do if someone in your group does not corporate?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Seemed like a very interesting company. Engineers seemed to run the show, which makes since... Overall positive experience and would recommend if this type of technology interests you, it just wasn't my thing.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't a difficult interview if your prepared. They had an engineer and manager interviewing me at the same time, which you could tell each of their concerns and what they were focused on by the questions asked. Great interview experience!   Answer Question