Rockwell Automation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Chemical Engineer Summer Intern Interview

Chemical Engineer Summer Intern
Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was through Montage Interviews, and for most of the interview we talked about the position and conversation that related to it. Most of the interview seemed like a conversation more than question and answer. He was very courteous and understood that I have not had many interviews to practice.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Engineer In Training Interview

Engineer In Training

Interviewed at Rockwell Automation

Interview Details – pretty cool for the most part

Interview Question – not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Industrialization Engineer Interview

Industrialization Engineer

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview Details – Panel interview with members of Industrialization group (manager, Sr. engineer, project engineer). Follow up interview with HR.

Interview Question – Mostly situation/behavioral questions. How do you handle stress? How do you handle working with a difficult co-worker? Why do you want to work for/with this group?   Answer Question

Engineer In Training: Field Service Engineer Interview

Engineer In Training: Field Service Engineer
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2014.

Interview Details – I participated in Rockwell's round robin interview process (2 day event) where candidates learned more about the position on the first day and got to participate in "Engineering Olympics", speaking with current EIT Engineers and graduates, as well as meeting current Managers and Engineers. Finished off with dinner and then a social where everyone simply got to meet current employees and even the CEO. Next day were the actual interviews, four of them back to back where a couple behavioral questions were asked but primarily talking about my accomplishments and resume.

Interview Question – Example question: You are at a contractor work site repairing one machine which you were sent out to fix. A manager/team lead comes up to you and says their line went down and need assistance immediately. How would you handle this situation knowing that emergency repair is not only charged a different rate but would take time away from your current project?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview Details – Be prepared. Make sure that you are confident in the interview and have specific examples of achievements to discuss. Emphasize long term career growth and be ready to discuss your 5 year plan. Be confident but not arrogant.

Interview Question – Do you know what Rockwell does?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation ability.

Information Developer Interview

Information Developer

I applied online and interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview Details – I was quickly contacted for a phone interview by the recruiter. She asked the standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected. After telling me that I was an excellent candidate for the position, she told me to expect the hiring manager to schedule an interview with me the next week. When I did not receive a phone call, I contacted the recruiter who informed me that she had been unable to reach the hiring manager but would update me. A week later, no contact, so I contacted her again to receive the same answer. This repeated itself two more times until she stopped returning my calls and emails. Very unprofessional and unexpected from a company like Rockwell Automation.

Asset Manager Interview

Asset Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2009.

Interview Details – Asset Managers are placed on contract for a year, and then are either hired or discharged by the company. The interview process is strange at very best. Multiple candidates are brought in at the same interview time, and then floated from one office to the next for a "round robin interview".

Interview Question – How have you improved over the last year, and how have you improved from your mistakes?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was a 2 person interview with standard questions,highly inquisitive about knowledge of control and low voltage systems. GPA as well as coursework were major factors. They wanted to know if I had any proficiency with Oracle, then if I would have any qualms about learning the software. One of the interviewers was a Senior Project Manager while the second was from HR.

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself after completing college?"   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview for 30 minutes followed by on-site interview for 4 hrs

Interview Question – Asked questions about the Operating System, Object Oriented designing. Also asked few programs to write for C++ concepts.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Electrical Engineering Intern
Mequon, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR to submit to very specific job requisitions. After I did that, I received further contact by admin to coordinate an interview time, they were very flexible. I had a phone interview, then (1) in-person interview. My hiring manager laid out exactly what would be expected of me and gave me many good examples of the types of Rockwell projects that I would be working on. After my in-person interview, it took a while to hear anything as HR can move pretty slow in a big company like that.

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for a little more money over the phone, but it probably didn't hurt that I also had an offer from another company at the same time.