Rockwell Automation

Interviewed at Rockwell Automation

Interview Details – 1. submitted my resume through official website
2. Received a phone call next day for a phone interview
3. On site interview if the phone interview went well

Interview Question – Go through my resume and several basic behavioral questions
Why rockwell automation and why this position?
  Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Rockwell Automation

Interview Details – 1. 2 rounds, each round around 3 hours...
2. From interview, seems a good job, after joining felt being cheated
3. Dont take it seriously what the interviewer or HR says

Interview Question – what it the 3-5 year plan?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on campus and then got a campus interview with basic questions about my resume, experience, etc. After that I had a phone interview with more questions about experience and why did I choose my major. After those two interviews I got an offer.

Interview Question – If you could be anyone (living or dead), who would you want to be and why?   Answer Question

Information Developer Interview

Information Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview Details – My perception of the people and culture was one that made me look forward to working at Rockwell. The employees who I spoke with gave me great impressions of the environment and spoke of themselves enjoying their long-time jobs there greatly.

Interview Question – I will update this later.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Mequon, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in July 2010.

Interview Details – Great Process and quick. Typically a Phone interview, then a powerpoint presentation interview, and then a second powerpoint interview

Interview Question – If you don't agree with you line manager or your supervisor how would you let him or her know that you didn't agree? and would you proceed in that direction even if you didn't agree with it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because the offer was already a very good offer.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by both the hiring manager and HR on the same day. I had an informal phone interview with the hiring manager later that day and a phone interview with HR a couple days later. I had the formal interview at the sales office the next week. It was a round-robin interview where I was with four people one after another. The odd thing about this interview was that other candidates were on site at the same time and we all just rotated through interviewers. I was asked to have a second on site interview with another manager a week later, but due to scheduling difficulties and the fact that we had a baby due any day, we did this one by phone as well. I was extended an offer 3 or 4 weeks after I was first contacted, which was a month after applied. There was also an online personality/IQ test that I had to do, but this almost felt like more of a formality.

Interview Question – Nothing stood out as being unexpected, but if you are new to a sales office be ready to give a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had other commitments and was unable to start the job as soon as they wanted me to. They were willing to put off my start date for a considerable amount of time and therefore I chose not to negotiate over salary as I did not feel I had much leverage, but I was happy with the initial offer anyways.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in October 2012.

Interview Details – I heard about RA from a current employee who thought I would be a good candidate. I was referred to a the manager of the engineers for my primary interview. After applying online in the University Connection section, and with my recommendation from the first interview, I was flown to Milwaukee, WI for the Rockwell Round Robin Interviews.

The first day of the round robin was a series of information sessions followed by an "Engineering Olympics" with team-oriented tasks to complete and finally a dinner + reception. The second day was a round robin interview session with four interviews in a three-hour time slot.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you did not get along with your superior. What did they do that you didn't like, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Manufacturing Associate
Twinsburg, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in November 2008.

Interview Details – Multiple online applications that resulted in 0 responses over a 6 month period . Finally got in as a temp and asked about permanent positions - the supervisor said that he could hire anyone within 30 days; 7 months later finally got an interview with a longtime supervisor (royal witch with a "b") and several Manufacturing Associates (kiss asses) from that area and got a job in a different part of the company

Interview Question – They were all standard questions (tell us about your background, what can you do for us, etc...)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation - here is a crappy offer, take it or leave it - paid a little better than being a temp and benefits, but way below what I should have been offered (they totally ignored my experience).

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Vice President Human Resources
Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recuiter, then full day of one on ones with both HR and Staff members

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current employer   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in June 2012.

Interview Details – Spoke with a manager about possible career opportunities, although none were available at that time. Interviewer was friendly and helpful. Discussed topics such as my background, previous employers, and general descriptions of Sales Engineer and Field Service Engineer positions. I was also given the phone numbers of current employees in each position and instructed to contact them in order to become familiar with their day to day responsibilities.

Interview Question – What technical skills are you familiar with? Do you have any experience with PLC's?   Answer Question