Rockwell Automation Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Wintel Server Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2012.

After interviewing over the phone for this position in their IT Department, Rockwell brought me on site for in-person interviews with four different managers. They then called me back to interview three other managers, one at the Director level (my potential boss's boss). The Director was very abrupt and full of himself. When I asked about the challenges of managing people in other countries (part of this job), he proceeded to tell me about how he works from 5:30 AM until midnight to manage employees in Europe, the US and Asia. I was expecting to hear more about cultural challlenges than his work day. When I asked what made Rockwell a more attractive employer than others he said "Have you seen our stock price?". Then after all the interviews were over, I never heard back from them. Nothing - even after three months and their hiring someone else (I heard throught he grapevine). Unbelievable!

Interview Questions
    • How would you detemine the cost of maintaining a server that was beyond its normal useful life   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in May 2012.

The interview process was very good, happened quite fast and had great support from HR. As a college student, I ended up interviewing in late May, so they seemed to have expedited the whole process to make sure I would start my internship on time. The interview itself consisted of one HR generalist and two employees from the department in which my position was listed for. Had a good time answering questions because it was a very relaxed environment, I did not feel pressured and the people were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your weaknesses and how are you working on them?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation available, but there is not much to negotiate as an intern, so this is perfectly fine.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Twinsburg, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Twinsburg, OH

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in April 2012.

Had approximately a 30 minute phone interview for screening purposes. Basic questions regarding past job experience, why I was looking for work, what my expected salary requirements were, why am I leaving last job. Some behavioral questions...tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation, etc.

Field Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burr Ridge, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2012.

Had a very interesting interview..I was able to impress the Hiring manager talking about my experience and skills.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about my past projects and technical difficulties i had and how did I overcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in May 2011.

3 separate people interviewed me for three separate positions. An offer was made a week later. Your usual interview questions were asked: What would you do in such and such a situation? Describe your best boss. Describe your weaknesses. Get an interview cheat sheet from your local job office, write down your answers and you'll be prepared.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was hired as a FT employee later and was unable to negotiate then too.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in January 2010.

Submitted resume online, was called for a phone interview. Then I was called for a group interview in Milwaukee.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating was needed. They were offering everything I wanted and more.

Technical Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Munster, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Munster, IN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in January 2012.

My application was screened in a brief telephone interview (from Colorado), then I got another call (from Wisconsin) to get an interview within 2 or 3 days (my choice). I picked the third day at 11 AM. This was rescheduled for 1:30 PM, which was fine with me. I had the group/panel interview first (about an hour), then I took a digital/analog electronics written test, a chip extraction (soldering) test, and an electrical circuit assembly (soldering) test. They said they would at least have to give me one more interview before making a decision to hire.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you succeeded when you were faced with an adverse troubleshooting situation?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norristown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norristown, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in April 2009.

Fist a phone interview, then on campus interview. Very interested in social skills and presentation skills.

I did not negotiate.

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in December 2010.

The manager is very careful when hiring and hence takes a long time during the process. I first submitted my resume in Sept but I didn't get a call till Nov because he went through the initial list and was not satisfied with the profiles. The manager and senior engineer was happy with my phone interview and was invited for onsite interview. I interviewed with 2 managers and 2 senior engineers and an HR manager. Software related questions were relatively easy to tackle whereas control, hardware related questions were harder for me. It also depends slightly on the personalities and background of the interviewers but I was very frank if I didn't know an answer, attempted to answer if i knew something. The interviewers were very helpful and just wanted to see the extend of your knowledge and experience. I then had to wait another month and they wanted me to present some sample work. Came back after 2 weeks and told me they liked my background but was didn't have enough seniority for the position I interviewed for(which I fully understood and acknowledged to the manager) and hence they offered my an intermediate level position. The pay rate was very competitive and reasonable for the time and position. I accepted the verbal offer. I was also happy to find out about a really good relocation package.

Interview Questions
    • questions in C++, software development process and control system   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in January 2009.

Round one of interview is a campus interivew.
    Followed by a bunch of sales, personality and reasoning tests.
    Then a two day interview at headquarters. Day one info on company. Day two full day of interviews.