Rockwell Automation

2.9

Field Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2012.

Had a very interesting interview..I was able to impress the Hiring manager talking about my experience and skills.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about my past projects and technical difficulties i had and how did I overcome?   Answer Question

Technical Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munster, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munster, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in January 2012.

My application was screened in a brief telephone interview (from Colorado), then I got another call (from Wisconsin) to get an interview within 2 or 3 days (my choice). I picked the third day at 11 AM. This was rescheduled for 1:30 PM, which was fine with me. I had the group/panel interview first (about an hour), then I took a digital/analog electronics written test, a chip extraction (soldering) test, and an electrical circuit assembly (soldering) test. They said they would at least have to give me one more interview before making a decision to hire.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you succeeded when you were faced with an adverse troubleshooting situation?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in December 2011.

I was contacted by both the hiring manager and HR on the same day. I had an informal phone interview with the hiring manager later that day and a phone interview with HR a couple days later. I had the formal interview at the sales office the next week. It was a round-robin interview where I was with four people one after another. The odd thing about this interview was that other candidates were on site at the same time and we all just rotated through interviewers. I was asked to have a second on site interview with another manager a week later, but due to scheduling difficulties and the fact that we had a baby due any day, we did this one by phone as well. I was extended an offer 3 or 4 weeks after I was first contacted, which was a month after applied. There was also an online personality/IQ test that I had to do, but this almost felt like more of a formality.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out as being unexpected, but if you are new to a sales office be ready to give a sales pitch.   Answer Question
    I had other commitments and was unable to start the job as soon as they wanted me to. They were willing to put off my start date for a considerable amount of time and therefore I chose not to negotiate over salary as I did not feel I had much leverage, but I was happy with the initial offer anyways.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rockwell Automation in November 2011.

Applied on campus and then got a campus interview with basic questions about my resume, experience, etc. After that I had a phone interview with more questions about experience and why did I choose my major. After those two interviews I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be anyone (living or dead), who would you want to be and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in May 2011.

3 separate people interviewed me for three separate positions. An offer was made a week later. Your usual interview questions were asked: What would you do in such and such a situation? Describe your best boss. Describe your weaknesses. Get an interview cheat sheet from your local job office, write down your answers and you'll be prepared.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was hired as a FT employee later and was unable to negotiate then too.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Phone interview requested for next day.
    Standard questions: Why do you want to work here? What do you bring to the position? What salary are you expecting? Briefly explain experiences related to the position. Promised a follow up in a week. I will update when this happens.

Manager, Lean Project Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2011.

First interview was with the hiring manager and his team.

Second interview was a panel interview contained the hiring manager, his boss, the HR and couple folks from the business unit. There were about 15 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you used an idea from a team mate to implement a solution.   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate someone in a team?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a project that highlights various skills you possess for this position   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2011.

First, they asked me to do self-introduction. Then they asked about what I did before and my former projects. However, they only processed half an hour which was half of they told me in the email. So I think they maybe have already found the guy they need. The result is that I am refused.

EIT/Remoter Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in February 2011.

I met Rockwell at our spring career fair at my school, received an interview on the spot and the next day I interviewed on campus. After the interview about 4 days later I was invited to attend their Round Robin interviews that took place 3 weeks later at there headquarters in Wisconsin. This consisted of a Tour, company overview, network dinner with managers and candidates. The interview itself was very easy because the night before you get the chance to meet the managers that are going to interview you.

Advice

BE YOURSELF, make sure you network with EVERYONE. Do your homework ahead of time although you will learn a lot of info just by attending there overview session about the company.

I really enjoyed this process. I have never been to a more professional, down to earth event like the one Rockwell put on for us and I have interviewed with A LOT of fortune 500 companies and have had several offers. I choose Rockwell because I feel this is a place where I could grow, people were easy to talk to, diversity, and they really seemed to care about us new hires. I hope this helps

Interview Questions
    • If you were working on a project at a customers site and another manager had a down system with a Rockwell product and you knew how to fix it and they were persistent you come fix it, what would you do?   Answer Question
    Not Negotiable I tried but offer was good already!!!! Always look at the entire offer and not just the Salary. Also if its a place where you could grow a job you could love to do.

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in December 2010.

The manager is very careful when hiring and hence takes a long time during the process. I first submitted my resume in Sept but I didn't get a call till Nov because he went through the initial list and was not satisfied with the profiles. The manager and senior engineer was happy with my phone interview and was invited for onsite interview. I interviewed with 2 managers and 2 senior engineers and an HR manager. Software related questions were relatively easy to tackle whereas control, hardware related questions were harder for me. It also depends slightly on the personalities and background of the interviewers but I was very frank if I didn't know an answer, attempted to answer if i knew something. The interviewers were very helpful and just wanted to see the extend of your knowledge and experience. I then had to wait another month and they wanted me to present some sample work. Came back after 2 weeks and told me they liked my background but was didn't have enough seniority for the position I interviewed for(which I fully understood and acknowledged to the manager) and hence they offered my an intermediate level position. The pay rate was very competitive and reasonable for the time and position. I accepted the verbal offer. I was also happy to find out about a really good relocation package.

Interview Questions
    • questions in C++, software development process and control system   Answer Question