Rockwell Automation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.9

Intern - Research Assistant ( Advanced Technology) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty Straight Forward - Resume forwarded by college.
    Called in for one- one interview at their Mayfield Heights campus.
    Was interviewed mostly on my background, what's on my resume.
    Be prepared to talk a lot on your projects and have knowledge on software development process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to Negotiate.

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mequon, WI) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to submit to very specific job requisitions. After I did that, I received further contact by admin to coordinate an interview time, they were very flexible. I had a phone interview, then (1) in-person interview. My hiring manager laid out exactly what would be expected of me and gave me many good examples of the types of Rockwell projects that I would be working on. After my in-person interview, it took a while to hear anything as HR can move pretty slow in a big company like that.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I negotiated for a little more money over the phone, but it probably didn't hurt that I also had an offer from another company at the same time.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2013.

Interview

I was maybe one minute late because I missed the bus, but the sign in process took five or ten and then I guess the interviewer wasn't at his desk and couldn't be reached. It wasn't until 45 minutes later that I finally saw someone. They continued to bring up my lateness throughout the interview, and told me that if I was going to be late, I should call.

I got the job in the end, but make sure you show up wayyyy ahead of time, and if you can't, call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you encountered and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was my first real job, an I'm an intern, so I didn't do much negotiating.

Interview

1. submitted my resume through official website
    2. Received a phone call next day for a phone interview
    3. On site interview if the phone interview went well

Interview Questions

• Go through my resume and several basic behavioral questions
      Why rockwell automation and why this position?

Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

1. 2 rounds, each round around 3 hours...
    2. From interview, seems a good job, after joining felt being cheated
    3. Dont take it seriously what the interviewer or HR says

Interview Questions

• what it the 3-5 year plan?   1 Answer

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

On campus interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Invited to Cleveland for round robin interviews. Paid for my hotel and dinner and also provided breakfast and lunch the day of interviewing. There was four interviews with three being technical questions and the fourth being your standard behavioral questions. Each interview lasted around 30 minutes. The company and all its employees were great.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee doing something dishonest.   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was just amazing and smooth. It all started with an email by the hiring manager and a time for a phone interview was set up. I had a phone interview that lasted for about 30 minutes. The hiring manager asked me questions based on my experience and education and some technical questions based on PLCs and HMIs. I was called for an on-site interview which was scheduled for about 2 weeks after the phone interview.

I had 3 panel interviews of 45 minutes duration each. The first round was with the hiring manager and one of his team members. I was asked questions based on my prior work experience and why I wanted to work for this position. The second interview (I guess this is the only one that went bad for me) was on programming skills. Given that I did not have much embedded systems programming experience, I did face some difficulties here. Moreover, this wasn't an entry-level position (though I wish it would have been). The third round was again a mix of technical questions and personality related questions. I answered questions based on polymorphism, abstract classes, etc.

I then had a wind up conversation with the hiring manager where my availability and salary expectations were discussed.

I got a feedback two weeks following the on-site interview where the hiring manager said that they were overall quite impressed with my work experience but at the same time they needed someone with more programming skills, which I acknowledge I lacked to some extent given that this is NOT an entry level position. I feel my chances would have been good had this been an entry level position. What impressed me was that the process was smooth and they did not take long in arriving at a decision. A "no" is a good answer, better than waiting for an answer for over 2 months (I've had that experience too).

Interview Questions

• Just had some difficulty where I was shown some code snippets and asked to explain what the code did and if there were any issues with it.   Answer Question

Information Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

My perception of the people and culture was one that made me look forward to working at Rockwell. The employees who I spoke with gave me great impressions of the environment and spoke of themselves enjoying their long-time jobs there greatly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a 2 person interview with standard questions,highly inquisitive about knowledge of control and low voltage systems. GPA as well as coursework were major factors. They wanted to know if I had any proficiency with Oracle, then if I would have any qualms about learning the software. One of the interviewers was a Senior Project Manager while the second was from HR.

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in February 2013.

Interview

The first night you have dinner with everyone invovled with the COOPs. So mangers from different departments and HR. A little less formal then interviews the the next day. The next day they put you through a back to back interview process they call a "round robin". They will also give you a phone interview before all of this.

Interview Questions

• Why do you get up in the morning?   1 Answer