Rockwell Automation

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Norristown, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in April 2009.

Interview Details – Fist a phone interview, then on campus interview. Very interested in social skills and presentation skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in January 2009.

Interview Details – Round one of interview is a campus interivew.
Followed by a bunch of sales, personality and reasoning tests.
Then a two day interview at headquarters. Day one info on company. Day two full day of interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Rockwell Automation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in August 2010.

Interview Details – A bit like being interviewed as though your are right out of college. Was asked about a famous person I admire. Good questions and good pace of interview asked to expand on answers and give examples. When asked what challenges the company faced, I hit a little too hard knowing their products a little too well. The answer was a little too defensive and I think I came off as sounding like a know it all and not a company guy. I was told the position was elminated, not that I was rejected. Don't know if that is true, but that is what I was told.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Engineer
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview Details – In Brasil usually you send your CV and the process follows:
- Phone Interview at first
- Phone interview for english evaluation
- Presential interview with HR and Position Manager
- If position is Major, you'l need to do a presentation in english and protuguese in front of several Managers
- Final Director intervies

Interview Question – Nothing Specific   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They send an letter with all the details of Salary and Benefits. Tried to negotiate for more but coulndt get it, salary was good already.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2012.

Interview Details – group discussion followed by the personal interview by the panel

Interview Question – Why should you be given this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – be your selves you will get the job if you are eligible for it. talkative

Sales Engineer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in January 2009.

Interview Details – This interview was for the Training Program, upon completion of which would then put you into the field as a Sales Engineer. An elaborate interview process beginning from a college career fair to a visit to Headquarters. This process involved back to back interviews with up to 6 Managers.

Interview Question – Explain in detail the value proposition of Integrated Architecture.   View Answer

Sales Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rockwell Automation in October 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed first with a college recruiter and was notified about a month later that I had made it to their final "Round Robin" set of interviews at the headquarters in Milwaukee, WI. It was a 2 day interview process, with the first day consisting of information sessions and the 2nd day consisting of 3 interviews and a presentation. The questions were very easy and besides the "situational" interview, were all aimed at just getting a feel of the candidate's personality.

Interview Question – What would you say to a customer who was expecting a product by a certain deadline which you knew was not going to be met?   Answer Question

Worked for Rockwell Automation? Contribute to the Community!