1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Wintel Server Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

After interviewing over the phone for this position in their IT Department, Rockwell brought me on site for in-person interviews with four different managers. They then called me back to interview three other managers, one at the Director level (my potential boss's boss). The Director was very abrupt and full of himself. When I asked about the challenges of managing people in other countries (part of this job), he proceeded to tell me about how he works from 5:30 AM until midnight to manage employees in Europe, the US and Asia. I was expecting to hear more about cultural challlenges than his work day. When I asked what made Rockwell a more attractive employer than others he said "Have you seen our stock price?". Then after all the interviews were over, I never heard back from them. Nothing - even after three months and their hiring someone else (I heard throught he grapevine). Unbelievable!

Interview Questions

• How would you detemine the cost of maintaining a server that was beyond its normal useful life   Answer Question