Rockwell Collins Interview Questions in Cedar Rapids, IA

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.6

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was called and emailed about setting up a time for a phone screen. I was sent a confirmation email with the details of the phone screen. I was called at the determined time and there were 4 hiring managers on the other end of the line in a conference room for the phone screen.

Senior Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

3 round robin interview, then 2 round robin interview the following week by team. I was interviewed by 9 people overall, peers, managers and director. It was nice to get to know your potential team.

Interview Questions

• 3 round robin interview, then 2 round robin interview the following week by team. I was interviewed by 9 people overall, peers, managers and director.   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was extremely organized. I applied online in January 2015 and received an email from HR in the second week of February 2015. Phone Interview for one hour with hiring manager and other two team members was set-up. Resume walk-through and past job / team-work experiences were asked. Was called On-Site for Super Day on March 1st along with 26 other students interviewing for Software and System Engineering positions. Super Day Highlights: 5 interviews back-to-back for 1 hour each. Met 4 hiring managers and 1 hour lab tour with the current software and system engineers. Managers asked questions generally behavioral and managerial like - Tell us about you - Past experience of working in teams - Why do you want to work for Rockwell Collins? ( This question was asked 4 times) - Why do you want to work in Embedded Systems? - SDLC Methodolgies - SDLC vs Agile(Scrum) - Difference between Verification & Validation? - What qualities should a leader have? - If given a long C code, how would you understand it? - How did you tackle a situation when your manager gave you the work you did not like ? Tell us the exact conversation you had? - What is you testing strategy? - How do you keep yourself up with new technologies? - What are your strength and weaknesses? - Tell us about your past events where you were leader? - How do you work under pressure? - How do you handle multi-tasking? What is your method to work on multiple tasks? All the interviewers were very very nice. There were 4 round. Each round had one hiring manager and one team member. HR Team was pretty awesome and very helpful. They made excellent arrangements for travel and logistics. Lunch and Dinner networking with current employees, alumni, and a senior leader.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was mostly behavioral ,had three rounds of Interview with different managers. Questions seemed to be testing more about the over all team skills .How you would behave in case of different situations. Remember that ,if you can show interest in the company and show that you are willing learn on your own.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the career section on their website and received an invitation for a phone screen about 2 weeks later. In the phone screen (with two managers) I was asked about my career interests, some projects on my resume, behavioral questions (e.g. greatest strength/weakness, what was a difficult situation for you, etc.), and then I got to ask them my questions. Upon conclusion of the phone screen (which was about 45 minutes total) I was immediately offered an on-site interview scheduled for about 2 weeks later. For the on-site interview, I was offered overnight stay at a hotel (I declined), breakfast with an "ambassador" (friendly realtor from the area), was interviewed by two managers (the same from before), got a tour of the labs by the current engineer group I would be working with, and went to lunch at a nearby sports bar. All travel/stay/food expenses were reimbursed. The on-site interview was mostly more behavioral questions similar to the phone interview and the most technical questions required explaining pointers, stack, and other basic programming concepts. It took about 2 weeks for the HR department and managers to coordinate offer details.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

Initially spoke with a Rockwell Collins recruiter over the phone. She took my information and asked me a few basic questions about my current job and what my job interests were. She recommended a few positions and had me complete the applications and submit my resume to the Rockwell Collins careers website. After a few days the hiring managers reviewed my application and resume. I was then contacted by the recruiter for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 45 minutes with 2 of the engineering managers. We talked about my resume and what type of work I was interested in. Approximately 30 minutes after the phone interview I received an email that I was selected for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was scheduled for 4.5 hours with a lunch. The first 15 minutes was a preview and plan for the day. The next hour was given to me to sell myself and provide further detail of my relevant experience to a group of 6 engineering managers. The rest of the day was a series of individual managers and engineers interviewing me, lunch, and a tour of the facility. All of the people I interviewed with were pleasant and professionally. I felt very comfortable during the entire onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a technical problem you had to solve and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Dexpending on position, may be just a phone interview or could include assessments. Average process. Slow to keep you informed on progress and status. Stay on top of your own follow through.

Interview Questions

• Questions focus on teamwork, innovation and strategic thinking. Extra points for execution skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiations. Stay strong and they will work a little. Different at the Sr. Level.

Rotate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

Smooth, very friendly. Wanted to know how you attacked and addressed things in your everyday life, rather than work. Had to be able to communicate how you could apply things that were unrelated

Interview Questions

• How do hobbies contribute to a person's overall work style?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

phone and on-site interview. First they will call you to ask you some basic questions, like how did you know the company, and they will introduce the position and team and what they are looking for and then ask what kind of projects you did or course work you did and also ask if you would like to work in a team environment or individual way. It is more personality talk. then they will fly you in for on-site interview and more tough questions on technique.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you can't get your task done with schedule/buget and how you communicate it to your leadership   Answer Question

Senior Materials & Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

As a former employee who was excessed when a division closed, I applied on the company site for a position similar to what I had held for nearly 10 years. A couple of weeks later, i was surprised to get a call from the hiring manager (and not HR) to come in for an interview. The interview was the following week and consisted of the hiring manager and 2 other engineers in the department. It consisted of my going over my history and what I had accomplished in my former position, followed by the standardized HR questions that assure them that you are mentally stable and not likely to hurt anyone. The interview closed with the statement that they had 4 others to interview and would be coming to a decision by the end of the following week. Basically, that is code for "Thanks for coming in. We'll be hiring someone else." The Friday of the following week I received a call from one of the HR recruiters. He wanted to know if I had had an interview yet, because I was on his list of people to set up for an interview. When I told him I had already been interviewed by the hiring manager, he let out an audible sigh of relief and said that was good because he had just gotten the paperwork to hire someone else for the position. Way to stay in the loop, HR!

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like "How would you deal with peer that wasn't pulling his/her weight and making you cover their shortcomings?"   Answer Question