Rockwell Collins

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

The hiring process with very thorough, and the company was very engaged throughout the process. They run an in-depth background interview and evaluation. They were very clear on the position requirements, the interview, and providing all the HR and benefits information I needed. Very professional.

Straight forward.

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Collins

Customer Service Engineer Interview

interviewed at Rockwell Collins in July 2013.

pretty easy but the pay wasnt worth it

Interview Questions
    • what was the most difficult thing you had to do in life   Answer Question

Customer Service Engineer Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2012.

Applied online and got a phone call a day later. Recruiter said my resume was perfect and immediately asked about salary requirements. Told him a high number and he balked. I said I still had no idea what the job consisted of. I was set up for an interview with the hiring manager the next day. Hiring manager's interview consisted of asking me if the job sounded interesting and if I would want it. I asked him to clarify some of the specifics, but he was unable to. He set up an interview with the site lead for the next week in hopes this would answer all of my questions.

A lunch interview was scheduled with the site lead. In typical fashion I arrived to the restaurant 15 minutes prior to the meeting. Upon arrival I get a phone call from the site lead asking if I was going to make it to the meeting. I tell him I had just pulled into the parking lot to which he replied that he was going to leave his office and meet me there. Twenty minutes later he arrived, five minutes late for his own meeting. I took this as a bad sign.

He didn't have a copy of my resume, so I provided him with a copy. He starts critiquing my resume and qualifications, noting that I have more qualifications than him. So he begins to tell me about the position under the guise of how much he works and how he would assign work to me. In the middle of all of his boasting he starts using foul language. I am not sensitive to such language, but when someone is representing their company and selling a position, I expect him to carry himself in a professional manner.

I am still a bit shocked at how unprofessional Rockwell Collins is when trying to hire new candidates. Recruiter brought up salary very early in the conversation, the hiring manager was unable to describe the specifics of the position, and the site lead was late to his own meeting and used foul language during it.

While the pay was on par with the industry standard, I refuse to be associated with a company that is as unprofessional as this one in just the introduction phase.

Interview Questions
    • (Over the phone) "Are you going to be able to make the interview?"   View Answer

Rockwell Collins came off as completely unprofessional. The recruiter, program/hiring manager, and site lead came off as incompetent and nonchalant about conducting themselves as professionals and answering my questions about the job.

No thank you.

Customer Service Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in February 2010.

I applied for a position to go to Middle East to support the customer activity.
    I applied for a senior position but the HR immediately rejected because I am only a systems engineer and cannot apply for Senior position. Sent a resume to hiring manager directly and set up an appointment for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Situation based questions such as customer pressure, teamwork, limited resource, etc   Answer Question