Rockwell Collins

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Engineer

I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in July 2013.

Interview Details – pretty easy but the pay wasnt worth it

Interview Question – what was the most difficult thing you had to do in life   Answer Question

Customer Service Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for a position to go to Middle East to support the customer activity.
I applied for a senior position but the HR immediately rejected because I am only a systems engineer and cannot apply for Senior position. Sent a resume to hiring manager directly and set up an appointment for an interview.

Interview Question – Situation based questions such as customer pressure, teamwork, limited resource, etc   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Engineer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a phone call a day later. Recruiter said my resume was perfect and immediately asked about salary requirements. Told him a high number and he balked. I said I still had no idea what the job consisted of. I was set up for an interview with the hiring manager the next day. Hiring manager's interview consisted of asking me if the job sounded interesting and if I would want it. I asked him to clarify some of the specifics, but he was unable to. He set up an interview with the site lead for the next week in hopes this would answer all of my questions.

A lunch interview was scheduled with the site lead. In typical fashion I arrived to the restaurant 15 minutes prior to the meeting. Upon arrival I get a phone call from the site lead asking if I was going to make it to the meeting. I tell him I had just pulled into the parking lot to which he replied that he was going to leave his office and meet me there. Twenty minutes later he arrived, five minutes late for his own meeting. I took this as a bad sign.

He didn't have a copy of my resume, so I provided him with a copy. He starts critiquing my resume and qualifications, noting that I have more qualifications than him. So he begins to tell me about the position under the guise of how much he works and how he would assign work to me. In the middle of all of his boasting he starts using foul language. I am not sensitive to such language, but when someone is representing their company and selling a position, I expect him to carry himself in a professional manner.

I am still a bit shocked at how unprofessional Rockwell Collins is when trying to hire new candidates. Recruiter brought up salary very early in the conversation, the hiring manager was unable to describe the specifics of the position, and the site lead was late to his own meeting and used foul language during it.

While the pay was on par with the industry standard, I refuse to be associated with a company that is as unprofessional as this one in just the introduction phase.

Interview Question – (Over the phone) "Are you going to be able to make the interview?"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Rockwell Collins came off as completely unprofessional. The recruiter, program/hiring manager, and site lead came off as incompetent and nonchalant about conducting themselves as professionals and answering my questions about the job.

No thank you.

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!