Rockwell Collins Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.4

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Applied online got a call 2 weeks later the recruiter asked just one question how do you find a fit with this role considering your current work duties and i answered the question then he says well that answers my question, i was told that i will be contacted by email to schedule an interview with the hiring manager 2 weeks later i was told in an email that i was no longer under consideration, very upsetting process i must say

Interview Questions

• how do you find a fit with this role considering your current work duties ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Collins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Melbourne, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Recently graduated when I applied online. The next day I was contacted by a recruiter. He was very geniune and asked me some very general questions about my background/experience and why I wanted to work with Rockwell Collins. Then I maintained contact for almost 6 weeks after the initial phone interview with the recruiter prior to getting an opportunity to speak with the hardware manager. Then I was flown in for an interview with the hardware team and project engineer. The interview went very well although it was a bit challenging to have to explain some of my projects in the detail they had asked for considering it had been a while since I had initially designed it. I was then offered the position the same day hours after the interview.

After 6 months, the work environment and people are great. I have been super pleased with my current development as a young engineer. They provide training and other tools that enable you to grow. The benefits are really great. Couldn't be more content with my current situation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't put anything you can't explain on your resume.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

I was called into a round robin interview process after meeting with a recruiter at my school's career fair. They flew me out to Cedar Rapids and paid for my whole trip there. The interviews consisted of a whole day of interviews with separate parts of the company. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. Each interviewer had to follow a specific sheet of questions to answer. The only technical interview questions asked were questions about projects listed on my resume. Overall the interview process was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• One guy strayed from the sheet and asked me to convert a string from HEX to Binary. Of course this isn't very difficult, but it certainly caught me off guard.   Answer Question

I had another job interview that was in LA and paid more than Rockwell was offering.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Melbourne, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of: 1) a brief but imprompted phone interview, 2) a series of 1 one 1 interviews with various engineers from various groups within Rockwell Collins. The phone interview was mostly concerning availability and a few questions regarding items from my resume. From there I was told I would be contacted regarding an in person interview, which I was, relatively quickly (approximately 1-2 weeks time). The interview was scheduled via email contact. Since I am relatively close to the Melbourne area I drove to the site and the interview was held there. The environment was relatively lax with most people seemingly wearing business casual (in many cases there were some wearing jeans). For some reason, various parties were not present who would be interviewing me, but I was quickly scheduled with my first group, which was actually a group of two people and myself. They asked various questions about the work I would be doing and presented me with a schematic to identify various components of and then provide a description of the circuits overall function. The following interview was similar except it was a 1 on 1 with a newer, younger employee. Following this interview I interviewed with the same person who had intially phone interviewed me. Another scheduling error resulted in this interview taking place in two locations: From the first site I initally started at I drove to another building where I was shown some of RC's test facilities and other equipment. This wasn't so much part of the interview as a way to kill time, I suspect until the following interview could take place. Overall, most of the questions asked seemed to be of a behavioral nature and not so much a technical one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and straight forward. The hiring manager went through my resume and asked about my past experience with other companies.

Interview Questions

• He didn't really ask about anything unexpected. He was mainly concerned about my knowledge in design and communication skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My negotiation phase for my full-time offer was simple. If there is a specific amount you want then ask for a little higher because HR will try to meet you in the middle.

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in September 2010.

Interview

Questions included the following:
    1. What do you know about this company?
    2. Go over your resume for me.
    3. Describe a situation where you had a conflict and how you resolved it.
    4. When doing group projects who was the team leader?
    Described in detail about the company. Asked if I had any questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in July 2010.

Interview

screen...call...phone interview..on site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much negotiation in personal experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in September 2009.

Interview

It was more personality based. I accepted a job at RC right out of college and they seemede happy with my academic records. It wasn't technical at all.

Negotiation

I was fresh out of school and was dumb. It was in 2008 at the height of the Great Recession so I didn't negotiate very much. They gave me an offer based on my school's ranking which workout to be 55k at that time however, they did give me a 1.2k sign on bonus and a 5k relocation package that I didn't have to submit any receipts for, so was sweet.

Application

Interview

The hiring process was relatively straightforward as a new grad. I submitted my resume at my university's career fair and applied to positions online. About a month later I was contacted to come in for an on-site interview. The on-site interview took place over the course of a day - Rockwell Collins provided lodging, meals, and transportation expenses. The interview itself was with a panel of about 5-6 engineers, ending the day with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• One engineer asked me to design an interface circuit using an op-amp on the fly.   Answer Question