Rockwell Collins

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in September 2009.

Interview Details – It was more personality based. I accepted a job at RC right out of college and they seemede happy with my academic records. It wasn't technical at all.

Negotiation Details – I was fresh out of school and was dumb. It was in 2008 at the height of the Great Recession so I didn't negotiate very much. They gave me an offer based on my school's ranking which workout to be 55k at that time however, they did give me a 1.2k sign on bonus and a 5k relocation package that I didn't have to submit any receipts for, so was sweet.

Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple and straight forward. The hiring manager went through my resume and asked about my past experience with other companies.

Interview Question – He didn't really ask about anything unexpected. He was mainly concerned about my knowledge in design and communication skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My negotiation phase for my full-time offer was simple. If there is a specific amount you want then ask for a little higher because HR will try to meet you in the middle.

Electrical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – I was called into a round robin interview process after meeting with a recruiter at my school's career fair. They flew me out to Cedar Rapids and paid for my whole trip there. The interviews consisted of a whole day of interviews with separate parts of the company. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. Each interviewer had to follow a specific sheet of questions to answer. The only technical interview questions asked were questions about projects listed on my resume. Overall the interview process was a great experience.

Interview Question – One guy strayed from the sheet and asked me to convert a string from HEX to Binary. Of course this isn't very difficult, but it certainly caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another job interview that was in LA and paid more than Rockwell was offering.

Melbourne, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of: 1) a brief but imprompted phone interview, 2) a series of 1 one 1 interviews with various engineers from various groups within Rockwell Collins. The phone interview was mostly concerning availability and a few questions regarding items from my resume. From there I was told I would be contacted regarding an in person interview, which I was, relatively quickly (approximately 1-2 weeks time). The interview was scheduled via email contact. Since I am relatively close to the Melbourne area I drove to the site and the interview was held there. The environment was relatively lax with most people seemingly wearing business casual (in many cases there were some wearing jeans). For some reason, various parties were not present who would be interviewing me, but I was quickly scheduled with my first group, which was actually a group of two people and myself. They asked various questions about the work I would be doing and presented me with a schematic to identify various components of and then provide a description of the circuits overall function. The following interview was similar except it was a 1 on 1 with a newer, younger employee. Following this interview I interviewed with the same person who had intially phone interviewed me. Another scheduling error resulted in this interview taking place in two locations: From the first site I initally started at I drove to another building where I was shown some of RC's test facilities and other equipment. This wasn't so much part of the interview as a way to kill time, I suspect until the following interview could take place. Overall, most of the questions asked seemed to be of a behavioral nature and not so much a technical one.

Interview Question – Identify this schematic and its function.   Answer Question

Cedar Rapids, IA

The process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in July 2010.

Interview Details – screen...call...phone interview..on site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation in personal experience

Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in September 2010.

Interview Details – Questions included the following:
1. What do you know about this company?
2. Go over your resume for me.
3. Describe a situation where you had a conflict and how you resolved it.
4. When doing group projects who was the team leader?
Described in detail about the company. Asked if I had any questions.

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer

Interview Details – The hiring process was relatively straightforward as a new grad. I submitted my resume at my university's career fair and applied to positions online. About a month later I was contacted to come in for an on-site interview. The on-site interview took place over the course of a day - Rockwell Collins provided lodging, meals, and transportation expenses. The interview itself was with a panel of about 5-6 engineers, ending the day with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – One engineer asked me to design an interface circuit using an op-amp on the fly.   Answer Question

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!