Rockwell Collins

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Customer Service Engineer
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process with very thorough, and the company was very engaged throughout the process. They run an in-depth background interview and evaluation. They were very clear on the position requirements, the interview, and providing all the HR and benefits information I needed. Very professional.

Interview Question – I did not encounter any suprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward.

Interviewed at Rockwell Collins

Interview Details – I had a on campus interview. 2 phone screening and a onsite interview. The people are nice. No difficult questions. Most of them are project related questions. As long as you are a nice person willing to work hard.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you have a conflict with your teammates and how you deal with it.   Answer Question

Melbourne, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – Submitted resume on line. After 3 weeks, a recruiter called and asked standard questions from the job description, and little bit about me like tell me your 3 best skills what are your 3 best qualities, etc. Then in a week a hiring manager called, we chatted about my resume, why I left previous employer, what projects I worked on etc. Then in a week I had job interview(s) at Rockwell Collins in Melbourne, FL. I talked to 4 engineers, 2 managers, and 1 HR person. They were all very nice. One of them showed me their lab where they integrate/test radars. It was very interesting to see. Engineers seem to be smart guys. I was not the best fit for the position. All the interviews took half a day 8:30-12:30. I got impression it would be a nice environment to work in, and they are nice people. They wanted to see if you would be happy working there, and if you would like the work. So, you have to convince them that you really would like the job.
If you can easily move (no kids, no house), mention it to recruiters because it seemed they were looking to be as cheap as possible on relocation.
The recruiter was supposed to call me within 3 days and tell me the decision they made, but he did not. Then, I called him on the fifth day after the interview, left a message, and he returned the call.

Interview Question – What's the difference between FIR and IIR filters? They asked many behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Senior Materials & Process Engineer Interview

Senior Materials & Process Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in May 2014.

Interview Details – As a former employee who was excessed when a division closed, I applied on the company site for a position similar to what I had held for nearly 10 years. A couple of weeks later, i was surprised to get a call from the hiring manager (and not HR) to come in for an interview.
The interview was the following week and consisted of the hiring manager and 2 other engineers in the department. It consisted of my going over my history and what I had accomplished in my former position, followed by the standardized HR questions that assure them that you are mentally stable and not likely to hurt anyone. The interview closed with the statement that they had 4 others to interview and would be coming to a decision by the end of the following week. Basically, that is code for "Thanks for coming in. We'll be hiring someone else."
The Friday of the following week I received a call from one of the HR recruiters. He wanted to know if I had had an interview yet, because I was on his list of people to set up for an interview. When I told him I had already been interviewed by the hiring manager, he let out an audible sigh of relief and said that was good because he had just gotten the paperwork to hire someone else for the position. Way to stay in the loop, HR!

Interview Question – Standard questions like "How would you deal with peer that wasn't pulling his/her weight and making you cover their shortcomings?"   Answer Question

Publications Interview

Publications
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2012.

Interview Details – I have been on multiple interviews with no offers. I was told that no favoritism is shown in the hiring practice. I find this to be a lie. I have seen multiple times people get hired under the table in secret interviews before the job posting went out. Happens all the time.

Interview Question – Where did you go to college?   View Answer

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Customer Service Engineer

I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in July 2013.

Interview Details – pretty easy but the pay wasnt worth it

Interview Question – what was the most difficult thing you had to do in life   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – I was not called for second interview because I was not graduating the semester that I interviewed with them.

Interview Question – What is your problem solving strategy? Name a project where you have applied it?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming, as well as very interested in what they had to do. I had an onsite interview in Cedar Rapids, and felt very much like a tight knit group that were passionate about their product. The complex is big, but everyone seemed to know each other. The process itself was long, but I expected it to last most of the day. About 6 hours of questions about technical and behavioral question, most of which were your typical "name a time when..."

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to convince team members to be motivated   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process went quickly because I was referred by another employee. I had a quick interview with the hiring manager and was offered the job right away. The interview didn't ask many technical questions because the interviewer was already familiar with my educational and work experience. Follow up with the HR department took longer. There was quite a bit of paper work to complete, along with a drug test.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The interview was mostly about personality and negotiating start and end dates.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Intern Interview

Undergraduate Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – The interview was behavioral and they seem to find your interest of the field. This seemed to be a major consideration and seems they tend to hire people whose academic interests lie with them and not the ones who are exploring

Interview Question – Not much, most of the stuff was expected   Answer Question

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!