Rockwell Collins Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.6

Electronics Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for an interview a few days later. Interview was a panel style of 4 managers taking turns asking you behavior based questions. Took a short tour of the work area. Received an offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview seems to be a bunch of behavior based nonsense questions. "Tell us about a time......."   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Telephonic interview abut an hour or so, call from Manager. He explained about company background and job role. All basic questions interrupts, timer, stack,storage classes. 2 weeks later correspondence from HR. Background check, medical test.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

I had a phone interview where basic questions were asked such as how do you write requirements and then went through my experience. After that I talked about the area and asked what a typical day would be.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

there is a resume screening and a phone interview and an onsite. The phone interview was a little tough because the interviewer was too specific about what he wanted to hear rather than what I wanted to convey

Interview Questions

• describe about your project mates? what is the situation that motivated you the most?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Pretty casual 30 min phone interview. Mostly HR type of questions like tell me when you worked well with a team and etc. My interviewer asked about previous projects and relevant work. I did not get asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about previous projects of yours in this field.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (College Station, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was shortlisted at a career fair and then contacted by a manager to interview for this position. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes. Questions ranged from personal to behavioral and resume review as well. There was a 10 minute discussion about the company and the specific project itself.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Marina del Rey, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a good process. I applied to the internship online and got a phone screen request about a week later. After the phone screen, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The people who interviewed me were great and asked about my resume items. As long as you can back up what you have on your resume with passion and experience, no matter who interviews you, they will appreciate it.

Senior Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

3 round robin interview, then 2 round robin interview the following week by team. I was interviewed by 9 people overall, peers, managers and director. It was nice to get to know your potential team.

Interview Questions

• 3 round robin interview, then 2 round robin interview the following week by team. I was interviewed by 9 people overall, peers, managers and director.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Richardson, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very professional. Flew me out the day before the interview and flew me back the same day. Met with engineering manager and discussed company, the job and programs. Then met with two other engineers for an hour and then a different set of engineers for another hour and finally the hiring manager. Got a call a week and a half later stating the position had been put on hold due to organizational changes within the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the best SYSML diagram to use when talking to the customer about a project?   1 Answer
    • Why are you applying?   1 Answer

Accounting and Finance Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview and a little under 30 minutes. There were maybe 3 or 4 interview questions. The rest of the time was spent talking about myself and asking the interviewer questions about the internship. I was hired less than a week later. No further interviews were required.